Is the Alien franchise really that popular?

Started by Prince77, Jul 21, 2023, 05:43:40 PM

Author
Is the Alien franchise really that popular? (Read 3,666 times)

Prince77

Is the Alien franchise really that popular? How popular is the Alien franchise? Is it really true that LITERALLY every individual in the USA such as adults, teens, etc. is a fan of the Alien franchise?

oduodu

oduodu

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52385.msg2043484#msg2043484

started this thread back in 2015. dont know how relevant it may be.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 05:43:40 PMIs it really true that LITERALLY every individual in the USA such as adults, teens, etc. is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Alien Covenant box office says no.

SiL

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 05:43:40 PMIs the Alien franchise really that popular? How popular is the Alien franchise? Is it really true that LITERALLY every individual in the USA such as adults, teens, etc. is a fan of the Alien franchise?
No one has ever thought this

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 21, 2023, 06:36:37 PM
Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 05:43:40 PMIs it really true that LITERALLY every individual in the USA such as adults, teens, etc. is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Alien Covenant box office says no.
Cuz the trailers didn't look that good and word of mouth said it was dumb af

Alien is very well known, even if not exactly popular it's definitely seen as a genre defining movie and part of cinema and scifi's history

Local Trouble

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 05:43:40 PMIs the Alien franchise really that popular? How popular is the Alien franchise? Is it really true that LITERALLY every individual in the USA such as adults, teens, etc. is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Only the most sophisticated wine-drinking Americans are fans of Alien.

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: SiL on Jul 21, 2023, 09:01:36 PMNo one has ever thought this

But is it true that LITERALLY everyone in the USA is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2023, 10:23:03 PMOnly the most sophisticated wine-drinking Americans are fans of Alien.

Is this supposed to be sarcastic? What does this even mean?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Lol welcome to the forum.

SiL

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 11:13:34 PMBut is it true that LITERALLY everyone in the USA is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Of course not.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2023, 10:23:03 PMOnly the most sophisticated wine-drinking Americans are fans of Alien.

Is this supposed to be sarcastic? What does this even mean?

I am never sarcastic! >:(

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 21, 2023, 01:03:31 PMAlien is the choice of sophisticated wine-drinking elites.  Predator is the choice of simple soda-drinking commoners.  Everyone knows this.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2023, 01:23:21 AM
Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 21, 2023, 11:13:34 PMBut is it true that LITERALLY everyone in the USA is a fan of the Alien franchise?

Of course not.

LITERALLY

Spoiler
[close]

aliens13

Speaking of Argentina, I'm an big Alien fan since I have 5 years old (thanks to the Alien 3 Sega Genesis game) and I never met anyone fan of Alien. From what I asked, many people saw the films and everyone would tell you that are great films but they aren't fans.

Kradan

Alien is no Star Wars

Prince77

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 22, 2023, 02:43:45 AMLITERALLY

Spoiler
[close]

The predator part showed me that your answer to my question isn't serious.

jacobo1122

I mean let's face it, compared to the big today's franchises, Alien is very small thing. It lost its holding power, it is visible from lack of big releases like big budget games or movies, even when game comes out, it usually has smaller budget and doesn't get much attention. And last movies were flops. Books and Comics don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, they provide maybe small percent of money and attention compared to big things like movies, games or shows. However I think that it will never be completly forgotten, it's to important and iconic, and its relatively small bunch of fans are fully devoted to it and that why we still are getting new things. And maybe it's not a bad thing too, just look how some biggest franchises are exploited, with much content but bad quality, Star Wars for example. I prefer to get good smaller game like Dark Descent once in a while, or gem like Isolation that is trully Lighting in a bottle and happens once in a Lifetime, thanks to the fact that those games also were made by that devoted fans and not corporation suits that want only profit. Besides,things are starting to move on a little and I hope that after new movie and show there will be more life and attention injected to it. Fingers crossed they will be good.

SiL

Quote from: Prince77 on Jul 22, 2023, 08:25:59 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 22, 2023, 02:43:45 AMLITERALLY

Spoiler
[close]

The predator part showed me that your answer to my question isn't serious.
You received serious answers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed