The alien that came from newts dad

Started by littlesprout, May 17, 2023, 02:11:57 AM

Author
The alien that came from newts dad (Read 3,115 times)

littlesprout

Question about the movie aliens. Is it strictly speculation or do we know what came of the alien in ALIENS after newts dad is exposed.

I assume one of two things, the alien has a similar shock and awe affect and disappears in the colony shortly after it's birth or maybe it escapes an imprisonment.

The other question is did that alien morph into a Queen or did it find its way back to the derelict to move the eggs over closer to harvest the colonists, and then later a queen came along?

SiL

SiL

The short answer is: We don't know. There's no official answer.

Slightly Longer Answer: In Newt's Tale, the old prequel comic, it runs off like in Alien. I think a recent EU story actually has
Spoiler
him not even dying
[close]

The script treatment for Aliens doesn't mention it, but does mention that the rescue team that goes to collect Newt and her family also has members getting face-hugged. These people all wind up back in the colony before they give birth. This results in the multiple hugger victims the marines find out about in the infirmary later.

Presumably from this batch of huggers comes a Queen, and later the full-blown infestation. There's no reason to believe the Aliens left the colony to go to the derelict at any point, as they tend to stay near hosts.

Elmazalman

I'd like to think that the Alien that snatched little Newt, taking her to be cocooned, was the one that her father (or mother ... or brother) had given birth to. Creepy.

Retropocalypse

There are some additional bits of info in the novel River of Pain.

• Newt and Tim are spying on their dad in a medical exam room when the chestburster suddenly tears out of him and escapes into the vents of the colony through a small plastic grille.
  • The same creature later emerged in a laundry room, where it had grown to the size of a large dog. It killed 3 colonists and had already kidnapped a lot more. The marines stationed at Hadley's Hope shot at it and scared it into one of the laundry vents.
  • Hours later, the marines encounter the same Xeno again, this time even larger. It was attacking a door that Draper was bracing himself against on Level One. It managed to lodge its head in the door, so Draper jammed his pulse rifle into its mouth and opened fire, killing it.

[cancerblack]

Yeah but all that stuff with the huge number of marines nobody ever mentioned before makes RoP worth ignoring, frankly.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2023, 09:48:09 PMYeah but all that stuff with the huge number of marines nobody ever mentioned before makes RoP worth ignoring, frankly.

THIS.

I have yet to read/listen to RoP, but I'm put off it for this very reason. There were no marines stationed on Hadley's Hope..why would there be? Also, 'Aliens' makes it very clear that the colonists were fighting a losing battle in their last stand; evidence of small arms fire and damage from seismic survey charges. I don't recall anyone seeing evidence of explosive tip caseless standard light armoured piercing rounds from pulse rifle fire...

ralfy

Someone raised related points to that in another forum, about the estimated number of aliens in light of numbers of people infected, which implies that there should have been few left by the time the survivors of the expedition had barricaded themselves, but I can't remember the details.

[cancerblack]

What were the numbers of the marines in that trash book again? I feel like it was a full strength platoon (compared to Aliens which is a single squad plus an LT.)?

SiL

SiL

There were 157 colonists. Minus Newt, the colonist they find in the hive,  and some of the hugger victims - then minus some casualties, there's a god 100 Aliens in the movie. The marines kill very few through the movie. We see a wall of signals even after Operations.

The idea there were marines on site and survivors who f**ked off in shuttles is peak "Did you actually watch the film?"

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2023, 11:04:48 AMThere were 157 colonists. Minus Newt, the colonist they find in the hive,  and some of the hugger victims - then minus some casualties, there's a god 100 Aliens in the movie. The marines kill very few through the movie. We see a wall of signals even after Operations.

Plus somewhere between 25 and 55 heavily armed marines who didn't rip the place apart with easily recognizable munitions, were never mentioned before or after, and didn't influence the total number of Aliens.

Then as you say, some people also escaped on shuttles between that book and how well your party does in the RPG demo session.

QuoteThe idea there were marines on site and survivors who f**ked off in shuttles is peak "Did you actually watch the film?"

Yer.

Corporal Hicks

Should have been Colonial Marshalls.

Still Collating...

Agreed Hicks, that small change would've maybe saved the book for me. Though knowing the book had changed dialog from the movie when the Jordan's go to the Derelict, showed the corpses of an Engineer punching through the skull of an Alien Queen right next to the infamous Space Jockey, where the eggs were also right next to it forgetting that there was a huge cavern below is peak "Did you even watch the movie" moment.

I'm not even blaming the authors anymore, but the editors, proof readers who are supposed to check these things but keep on dropping the ball from time to time even to this day. :laugh: 

BlueMarsalis79

Environmental storytelling I like, if they wanted to add more spooky mysterious context in the right wing or down in the cargo hold implying something that would indeed be cool, but instead what the novel describes comes across about as lame an invention as humanly possible.

So I do blame the author in that particular respect.

City Hunter Yautja

I assumed Newt's Dad's Xenomorph became the Queen. If that is so, it adds tension when The Queen is hunting Newt in the floor.

Query, is The Derelict with eggs far enough from where the Nest is nuked in Aliens? Does LV-426 still have potential for Xenomorphs?

SiL

SiL

As far as the movies are concerned, the colony blowing up took out the derelict too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed