Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 62,766 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Well, they do both create human life in Damon Lindelof-penned peojects.

Master

Quote from: Kradan on May 29, 2022, 03:59:18 AMOk, I legitimately LOLed at that.

And I still stand by that new android should be called Gordon
Edison- that's a perfect name for an android and in line with Alien naming system.

Kradan

Naming androids after the letters of alphabet is out of the window at this point. Now they are being named after producers ! f**k yeah !

Corporal Hicks

I'm still pissed off I never saved the interview where it was suggested to Scott and he said that's what he was going to tell everyone from that point on.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2022, 08:25:49 AMI'm still pissed off I never saved the interview where it was suggested to Scott and he said that's what he was going to tell everyone from that point on.

Yeah, during one of the earlier Covenant press junkets, Scott was asked whether David and Walter were a nod to David Giler and Walter Hill who originally came up with the idea of making Ash an android. To which Scott emphatically replied with "no".

Then in a slightly later Covenant interview, Scott goes on about how David and Walter were named after Giler and Hill and how clever that is.  ;D

Kradan

@HuDaFuK claims he brought the idea to Scott

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I can't recall him interviewing Scott? I know the Corporal got to ask Scott and the rest of the cast a few questions.

Corporal Hicks

HuDa was at an earlier group intervie with influencers like Louis Nostromo. I've been over the footage from that in the past looking for something but can't recall if it was about all this.

I'm always thinking of a junket interview where Scott was asked about the Hill/Giler thing and said no, but he was going to start telling people that it was because he liked it. But I've never been able to find it since.

BigDaddyJohn

First time since waaay back that I feel genuinely excited for an alien project, more so than for Hawley's series, even though I am curious to see that as well.

St_Eddie

I always thought that the naming of David and Walter was ingenious for its own reason (not the debunked "named after the producers" theory); that reason being that David is following the alphabetical naming order of the Alien series and Walter is the opposite to David, yet they are brothers, so David is 4 letters into the alphabet and Walter being the opposite to David, is 4 letters away from the end of the alphabet.  Polar but symmetrical opposites.

Stitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2022, 10:08:07 AMHuDa was at an earlier group intervie with influencers like Louis Nostromo. I've been over the footage from that in the past looking for something but can't recall if it was about all this.

I'm always thinking of a junket interview where Scott was asked about the Hill/Giler thing and said no, but he was going to start telling people that it was because he liked it. But I've never been able to find it since.

That's sounds more to me like the writers intended it and Ridley just never picked up on it. If that is the case, then maybe he shouldn't have been given quite so much control over the franchise.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 30, 2022, 09:27:26 PMI always thought that the naming of David and Walter was ingenious for its own reason (not the debunked "named after the producers" theory); that reason being that David is following the alphabetical naming order of the Alien series and Walter is the opposite to David, yet they are brothers, so David is 4 letters into the alphabet and Walter being the opposite to David, is 4 letters away from the end of the alphabet.  Polar but symmetrical opposites.

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. I know it's off-topic but that is just one of the things I find immensely frustrating about Shaw (and people).

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 31, 2022, 02:01:02 PMUrgh. I know it's off-topic but that is just one of the things I find immensely frustrating about Shaw (and people).

Right? Way to torpedo your main character's credibility thirteen minutes in. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed