Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 62,809 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2022, 08:17:46 PM
https://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/1519046795195650048

Alien 3, of course.

Who knows. This may be the start of something really special. I hope that Fede immerses himself in the fascinating world of Alien 3.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Alien 3, of course.

Ok, so looks like he figured out which day Alien day is but is now struggling to figure out the various types of aliens from the movies?

Kradan

I bet Riddles himself wouldn't know that

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, Riddlez knows his shit.

He directed the first movie, visited the Alien 3 set and knows which day is Alien day.

426Buddy

I bet Riddles despises Alien day and probably wouldn't know of its existence if his people hadn't told him to sit down and begrudgingly record a video for it.

:laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, I think he's cool with Alien day. It's his legacy after all. He said he wanted the Alien franchise on par with Star Wars.

If it was called Aliens day however, that would have been a different kettle of fish altogether!  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2022, 10:17:11 AM

Alien 3, of course.

Ok, so looks like he figured out which day Alien day is but is now struggling to figure out the various types of aliens from the movies?

It seems with his film that won't really matter.

BlueMarsalis79

What do you mean?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 27, 2022, 12:48:14 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2022, 10:17:11 AM

Alien 3, of course.

It seems with his film that won't really matter.

In the sense that Alien 3 (or any of the other films) are unlikely to directly feed into this movie, sure, but it would be nice to know the guy steering he ship has a keen enough eye to recognize different design traits and tendencies and not just see it all as the same thing (like the mentality that got us repurposed Resurrection Aliens in AVP), since the expectation is very much going to be on him and his work to reinterpret the material and hopefully bring something new and intetesting to the table of his own.

One of my biggest fears right now is that whatever Aliens are designed by Weta for the Hawley show are just going to be passed right on to this project, instead of designing from the ground up for each individual project's own needs and inherent style. There's a lot of that going on right now with the repeated use of what should be pretty distinct props and costumes in the current crop of Star Wars shows and it is pretty blatant at this point.

BlueMarsalis79

I expect this to be as run of the mill as it gets honestly, if you want a new and insightful take on Alien, I don't think we will get it here but luckily... Noah Hawley's doing something a lot of people will not agree with because it will be so different from what came before.

St_Eddie

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 27, 2022, 12:06:50 PM
I bet Riddles despises Alien day and probably wouldn't know of its existence if his people hadn't told him to sit down and begrudgingly record a video for it.

:laugh:

Correct.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 27, 2022, 12:10:50 PM
Nah, I think he's cool with Alien day. It's his legacy after all. He said he wanted the Alien franchise on par with Star Wars.

If it was called Aliens day however, that would have been a different kettle of fish altogether!  :laugh:

Pfft.  "Alien Day" is nowt but PR promotion gubbins.

Nightmare Asylum

To be honest, I could definitely be all for a back-to-basics thing here with this project (though I do still wish we got the Covenant sequel before moving in a new direction with new filmmakers), I just hope the film has some actual personality/identity that allows it to really define itself.

In the case of Alvarez I guess that would likely mean making it a sort of gross-out, schlocky/exploitative splatter horror thing? Definitely something less refined than we've seen from an Alien movie before, a bit rougher around the edges, but if done well and in a way that really owns that style then ok, cool. I could get down with that. Hopefully his film's Alien design actually reflects and embodies those stylistic tendencies, though, and don't just come across as arbitrary or divorced from the overall flavor.

TC

TC

All you can hope for is that his subjective interpretation on what's right for Alien matches up with your's, and not that of some other fan.

TC

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2022, 01:16:44 PM
I expect this to be as run of the mill as it gets honestly, if you want a new and insightful take on Alien, I don't think we will get it here but luckily... Noah Hawley's doing something a lot of people will not agree with because it will be so different from what came before.
I dont mind if its going be diffrent i just dont care for it becuase it sounds like shit.Some of my favorite alien novels and comics had some out there ideas.Recent example alex white into charybis basically bought back the bugmen of old which i thought was a goofy idea in the darkhorse comics.But he managed to exceute in a way that made it good.Who knows maybe noah hawely might execute the body swaping plot in a good way.

BlueMarsalis79

I honestly don't think the comparison you're making works in the slightest, but with Into Charybdis' own narrative it made the idea I railed against intensely not only work but be fascinating, and I feel the same way about the recent revelations of Alien The RPG.
But I'll gladly eat my words if Noah Hawley does not deliver. But I expect he absolutely will.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2022, 01:31:35 PM
To be honest, I could definitely be all for a back-to-basics thing here with this project (though I do still wish we got the Covenant sequel before moving in a new direction with new filmmakers), I just hope the film has some actual personality/identity that allows it to really define itself.

In the case of Alvarez I guess that would likely mean making it a sort of gross-out, schlocky/exploitative splatter horror thing? Definitely something less refined than we've seen from an Alien movie before, a bit rougher around the edges, but if done well and in a way that really owns that style then ok, cool. I could get down with that. Hopefully his film's Alien design actually reflects and embodies those stylistic tendencies, though, and don't just come across as arbitrary or divorced from the overall flavor.

I very much doubt it sadly, but he could surprise, I doubt they will reuse the same suits or designs one can hope anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed