Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 62,766 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Kimarhi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 25, 2022, 08:23:01 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 25, 2022, 12:41:56 AM
But l liken to wanting the same kind of thing but newer to wanting a new car.  A person doesn't always need a new car, but its nice to have one anyways.

With the right aesthetics and script, a standalone Alien movie can be good without being a remake of the original. We've never had it, but I don't think it's impossible, is it?

I'm just going to go on a limb and say that the first standalone movie in the franchise probably isn't going to push the series forward and is probably looking to recapture the spooks from the first film with new tech.

I don't know if it will be a shot for shot actual "remake" but more like a soft reboot to see if people still like Alien's style. 

People want those big time grandiose interwoven stories now so there is a chance that it might be a starting point for something else just because that is what fans want. 

Nightmare Asylum

Haha... Alvarez just posted a "Happy Alien Day" Tweet, realized he had the wrong month, and deleted it.

Better go and scrub all the LV-326 references from his script. ;)

Kradan

The fact he at least knows about the existence of The Alien Day is nice, I suppose

NoStyleDutch

I bet Ridley doesn't know lol

Kailem

"I once said to Ridley "Happy Alien Day!" and he looked at me like I'd just slapped him in the face, so that was the last time anyone talked about that."

Nightmare Asylum

judge death

Somehow Im more afraid of seeing Ridley and what he says, than the xenomorph itself.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

"I wanted to scare the shit out of people. That's the job ..." - Ridley Scott

QuoteHaha... Alvarez just posted a "Happy Alien Day" Tweet, realized he had the wrong month, and deleted it.

Better go and scrub all the LV-326 references from his script. ;)

So this guy is so clueless he doesn't even know the correct date for Alien day?

Immortan Jonesy

Fede Alvarez's movie is justified by future SM content on YouTube. Kind of like Roko's Basilisk.

BORGanism

I would have liked to see a sequel to the Covenant storyline, but I'll settle for this. I'm just glad the Alvarez movie has nothing to do with Ripley.

Nukiemorph

Hopefully the cameras can start rolling for a single shot before this one is also dismissed as "woke trash".

St_Eddie

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 30, 2022, 12:21:05 AM
Hopefully the cameras can start rolling for a single shot before this one is also dismissed as "woke trash".

Mr H is prepping his script as we speak.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 27, 2022, 02:21:59 PM
"I once said to Ridley "Happy Alien Day!" and he looked at me like I'd just slapped him in the face, so that was the last time anyone talked about that."

May 22, 2022, 09:25:59 AM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 26, 2022, 11:31:47 PM
Haha... Alvarez just posted a "Happy Alien Day" Tweet, realized he had the wrong month, and deleted it.

Remember, Alvarez' film will be unconnected to all that happened before in Alien, so clearly he's a step ahead of all us. We're talking a brand new universe with a brand new Alien day. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed