Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 03:38:08 PM
I'm currently placing this as an optimistic 7. I'm cautious due to things we've heard in the leaks that we have yet to see, but I trust in Fede.

I don't think it will be better than any of the original trilogy, but believe it has the potential to sit alongside them.

I do think this may make (some of) us view Prometheus and Covenant differently. To elaborate; I actually like Prometheus and Covenant and watch them as regularly as Alien/Aliens/Alien 3. *BUT* I've always maintained that the original 3 movies work better without them, and wouldn't be opposed to them being relegated to (but enjoyed as) expanded media, or treated in the same way as Titan Books novels (in the same way I've never been opposed to seeing Resurrection as a live action Dark Horse comic book). Not that that is what Romulus is doing, but what I mean is; If Romulus spoils us with set and creature aesthetics that naturally feels at home with the first three movies and feels like 'a return to form', then I may be less forgiving of Prometheus /Covenants aesthetics, technology and creatures, and narrative focus, in a sort of "see, it *can* still be done right!" kind of way (If that makes sense?).

Going by the limited visuals from the trailer alone, my current *expected* ranking order is;

Alien
Alien 3
Aliens
Alien: Romulus
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien Resurrection
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 03:01:44 PM
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1787859937466708235

QuoteThe next big big secret she kept? Her cameo in Dune: Part Two." As Taylor-Joy tells it, she met with director Denis Villeneuve for another role in the film before she left for Australia to shoot "Furiosa." ("Denis is one of my all-time favorites," she says. "Arrival is my comfort movie.") But at the meeting, Villeneuve told her that her schedule on Miller's shoot wouldn't allow her to simultaneously depart for the fictional planet of Arrakis.

"Before I even sat down, he was like, 'I want you to be in "Dune," but you can't do it!'" Taylor-Joy recalls. "I was like, 'Please?' I skipped all the stages of grief and went straight to begging I was like, 'I can do this. I can be in Australia and Abu Dhabi at the same time.' He wanted me to be part of the universe. We kept in touch. I just had this feeling that it wasn't over."

So while filming "Furiosa," she kept asking her agents about "Dune," but they told her that the production had begun without her. Then, on the day she arrived back in Los Angeles from Australia, Villeneuve called her with a madcap proposition, sounding giddy. "He said, 'I made a deal with the studio: If I was on budget and on time, I could do this.'" By "this," he was referring to a small role at the end of the film where Taylor-Joy appears as Paul Atreides' younger sister, Alia,all grown up. Her mere existence as a projection of the family's future feels like a promise that the franchise isn't over.

"Anya was Alia as soon as I met with her," Villeneuve says in an email. "In fact, I realized after the fact, she has always been Alia. Anya feels out of this world, as though she belongs to some other dimension, one step into the dream."

She didn't tell anyone about the cameo, which shot with a scant crew in Namibia. "I told my husband and my parents," she says, adding, "and I took my mum." She claims that Villeneuve kept it so under wraps that "no one at the studio knew. My face had been blurred out" in early versions of the film.

At the London premiere this year, Taylor-Joy shocked movie fans by walking the carpet, revealing her role. "I asked Denis to tell the cast beforehand," she says. "I said, 'I can't just show up. Please don't do that to me.'"

Will there be another "Dune" in her future? "I hope so," Taylor-Joy says.

Villeneuve is all for it. "Shooting with Anya in Africa was nothing short of magical," he says. "Her generosity, candor and passion truly moved me. I can't wait to go back on Arrakis with her."

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/anya-taylor-joy-furiosa-dune-3-surprise-wedding-1235992889/
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: reecebomb on Today at 02:54:34 PMIf it manages to be better than that it would mean it would have to be the best Alien related film in 30 years.

That's a low bar to clear though.
Last post by reecebomb - Today at 02:54:34 PM
I'll be very (pleasantly) surprised if it will be more than 5.
If it manages to be better than that it would mean it would have to be the best Alien related film in 30 years.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The Count of Monte-Cristo
Last post by ace3g - Today at 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Yesterday at 09:12:23 PMFinancial thriller sounds good but I want my f**king Western ... pretty please ;D

He's got almost 6 months before the Gladiator II F.uck You Tour. He could probably do a smaller film in that time. Most likely Bee Gees but the Western might also be a strong candidate since that is already scripted, storyboarded and location scouted.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed