Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,016 times)

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

After all this night playing the demo, my conclusion on the stealth kill from behind of the alien is that is tooooooo long. It has been said but I've to highlight it whilst I do look forward for some future fair fix of that, that is, to lower its range.

Steve C

Steve C

I'm waiting for single player to see all the stealth/trophy kill animations.  They're worthless in multiplayer.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Don't stealth kill as often then. I only ever do it if I know I can get away with it. The rest of the time I just use the tail followed up by two light attacks, it's much faster than the trophy/stealth kill and it's easier to pull off since you don't need to be behind your target.

The_Silencer

But the pleasure you have with those deserve the risk. At least, sometimes :D

HannibalKing

The stealth kills are totally worth it when a Predator is hiding in the rafter and I sneak up behind him.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 07, 2010, 03:06:27 AM
The stealth kills are totally worth it when a Predator is hiding in the rafter and I sneak up behind him.
Those are my favorite ones too. I love sitting under them and watching them through the rafter, then as soon as they turn their backs I crawl around onto the top and grab them lol.

3volved

3volved

Quote from: 3volved on Feb 07, 2010, 03:13:55 AM
There are glitchy spots when youre the predator, where it does an instant trophy, or stealth kill. Ive done this many times. I press x to trophy or stealth kill someone and my guy does nothing, i look down and theres a dead body and it says i killed them =/ its pretty funny when i get away after doing that but its not balanced.. i have not been able to recreate this with the alien

Edit: Oops..lol quoted myself instead of editing x]

cameron112497

I love playing as aliens and marines and ive found out that a comping pred with disks is almost immposible to kill. I attack from above ill get a hit in then  he throws it and if I dont get killed from the throw i get killed because he keeps me from moving so i get hit from the return and if you dont know what im talking about try moving while being attacked.If I attack from teh front its a stupid tactic and ill die for the reasons listed above. I cant try to be sneaky because of alien vision. as a marine I sont move very fast and in order to fire i cant sprint. so the best i can do is try to dog but he can move it midair. and he can just throw it again. Plus if he has a plasma caster i can say goodby to trying to killhim. Id suggest make. the disk 1 hit kill on lock on(or a certain charges phase) and a 3 hit kill with little stun not aimed. and maybe make it cost energy for the predator.

Chaotic-Strike

I forgot to mention in my last post the spawn points are so broken  and its with only 8 people. Its kinda annoying when your walking down the hall as a pred and then a marine spawns right in front of you and kills you due to his motion tracker. Also at the very start of one game I died instantly due to a marine seeing me I didn't even have time to switch vision modes.

Brother

Brother

That and no spawn protection. Must be fixed for the full version.

visagepoissons

Quote from: Brother on Feb 07, 2010, 09:32:29 AM
Definately agree with this. Plus sometimes I can't move right when I very first spawn... :/ Pretty damn annoying.

The_Silencer

Quote from: Brother on Feb 07, 2010, 09:32:29 AM

I do agree. I had a guy camping spawning points yesterday and that was shite. He did that many times screwing up the game XP pretty well. :(

Brother

Brother

Imagine it with 18 people in there. Spawn/back killing paradise.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

-Spawn deaths

-Preds superior melee
       -That they have stronger and faster attacks with stun ability. Not balanced.

-Alien bark with every jump. If you must have it, adjust its volume and pitch to reflect the distance jumped (longer = louder)

The_Silencer

On heavy attacks: Personally I do think that none of the species should stun by heavy attacks.

I'd suggest to replace that annoying growl with just a mix between hiss & breath and you all, including myself, are going to be glad. Hope that the Rebels have been reading on this over and over. Hope they change it somehow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed