Currently Playing (Read 959,769 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 31, 2019, 08:12:33 AM
Wouldn't you rather have a new NCAAF?

Yes.

Stitch

Stitch

I really should get back to finishing Metro Exodus, but I've actually started playing through Silent Hill Downpour.

So far it's kinda clunky, and the enemies are annoying. It's a weird mix of fun and frustrating, and it's meant that each time I die (which hasn't been much), that I've just turned the game off instead of reloading my last save point straight away.

Local Trouble

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Still playing Red Dead Online as I gear up to preorder Death Stranding and figure out if Best Buy plans to charge me for some other preorder that didn't go through because I thought I had the cash when I didn't at the time (I'm getting paid Saturday so we'll see).

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 30, 2019, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 29, 2019, 08:21:26 PM
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (2/5)

This poor guy spawned in the worst place.

The first MOH with the modern take was so much better than the 2nd.

Quote from: PredBabe on Oct 30, 2019, 01:04:15 AM
Currently playing my second play through of Resident Evil Revelations 2. This game doesn't get enough attention or credit and that's probably due to the fact that it is considered a spinoff. It's one of my top favorites to the series though as it has one of the strongest stories and features one of the most compelling villains within the franchise (and is actually relevant to the series, unlike RE7). Love the actress who plays Alex. It would be a shame if Capcom doesn't make her the main threat in any future installments.

I personally enjoyed 7 way more than anything 4 through 6.  4 is fun to play but lacks any scares and feels more like a spinoff.

7 at least attempted horror again and I get the feeling certain creators want to move away from the Umbrella element.

I actually enjoyed 7 until you get to Lucas' fun house. At that point the game lost all its footing and missed the chance to properly tie the story into the rest of the series by even simply mentioning Alex at some point or used Natalia in place of the girl in the game...

The series does have an identity crisis, I didn't mind the action direction they took but they did need to work on the story taking place. Revelations 2, RE 2 remake, and even some elements with RE7 has me hopeful for the next main game they release.

Project Resistance might be a fun multi player but I can see myself playing it once and not touching it again lol.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The new games all suffer from over the topness. 

Even 7's more deliberate pace fell into the over the top moments with Lucas and and final boss Evie.

Of all the horror games I played recently I think I actually prefer The Evil Within 2 out of everything else that wasn't RE2 remake. And even that game was dragged out because they got rid of the more interesting boss first instead of 2nd.  So it inevitably had the huge gothic torture chamber setting for the 2nd half of the game that continually shows up in both mythos. 

PredBabe

PredBabe

Resident Evil has always been over the top, but I see what you're saying in terms of how it affects the story in the games.

I never really got into The Evil Within. I played the first game for about an hour and did like what I saw. Might have to revisit it again.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The problem with Evil Within mythos is that it doesn't even start to make sense storywise until you play the DLC for the first game.

First game is weaker imo, despite people rating it higher and had a much higher difficulty.  2nd game flows better and had a more sensical story.

TEW are over the top as well BUT it makes much more sense because you are essentially in the horror Matrix.

There have always been moments, but RE4 to me just started feeling way different with what Leon could and couldn't do and then only got worse from there until 7.

Umbrella should just stop wasting time and start cloning Leon and Chris. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Started The Witcher III.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have Witcher 2 and 3, but I've played neither.  I started Witcher 2, but found the gameplay a bit cumbersome so I gave up soon after.  Now I can't play Witcher 3 because I feel like I'd be missing the story from the prior game.

It's a conundrum.  :-[

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 05, 2019, 02:30:30 PM
I have Witcher 2 and 3, but I've played neither.  I started Witcher 2, but found the gameplay a bit cumbersome so I gave up soon after.  Now I can't play Witcher 3 because I feel like I'd be missing the story from the prior game.

It's a conundrum.  :-[

I played 3 without playing any of the others and was good fam.  It's a pretty great game but might feel dated if you go back to it after the new consoles are released.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 05, 2019, 12:03:34 PM
The problem with Evil Within mythos is that it doesn't even start to make sense storywise until you play the DLC for the first game.

First game is weaker imo, despite people rating it higher and had a much higher difficulty.  2nd game flows better and had a more sensical story.

TEW are over the top as well BUT it makes much more sense because you are essentially in the horror Matrix.

There have always been moments, but RE4 to me just started feeling way different with what Leon could and couldn't do and then only got worse from there until 7.

Umbrella should just stop wasting time and start cloning Leon and Chris.
The Evil Within made me rage. It felt so badly made and janky, with so many cheap deaths. I finished it out of spite, but I never bought the DLC and I didn't buy the sequel.

Huggs

Huggs

EW looked like a pain to play. But the movie version on YouTube that blended in the DLC was fun to watch.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Nov 05, 2019, 10:29:40 PM
The Evil Within made me rage.

Like the asteroid part from Dead Space?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Path of Exile
Alright so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed