Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,905 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished Alien Isolation for the second time. It seemed to go a lot faster this time around. I just kept moving so the alien was never really able to pin me down anywhere. The overall story still seemed slightly bloated. Alittle bit probably could've been cut out. But it flowed much better and quicker than the last playthrough. What a fantastic game. Definitely would like to see a new movie done like this.

Final Death Count

Facehugger Deaths: 1 (Missed with the flamethrower while in the core hive)

Xeno Deaths: 3 (Walked under a vent while starting the two generators in medical. The final 2 happened while my system was glitching out. Xeno glitched into frame from nowhere and instant killed me. Screen failed to load and was killed instantly by unseen xeno).

First time it's ever glitched on me. Once I restarted everything, it played perfectly until the end. Shame that we never get to see the queen that was laying those eggs. Would've really been a kick.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2018, 04:41:16 AM
Just finished Alien Isolation for the second time. It seemed to go a lot faster this time around. I just kept moving so the alien was never really able to pin me down anywhere. The overall story still seemed slightly bloated. Alittle bit probably could've been cut out. But it flowed much better and quicker than the last playthrough. What a fantastic game. Definitely would like to see a new movie done like this.

Final Death Count

Xeno Deaths: 3 (Walked under a vent while starting the two generators in medical. The final 2 happened while my system was glitching out. Xeno glitched into frame from nowhere and instant killed me. Screen failed to load and was killed instantly by unseen xeno).

First time it's ever glitched on me. Once I restarted everything, it played perfectly until the end. Shame that we never get to see the queen that was laying those eggs. Would've really been a kick.
Have the graphics aged any?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 12, 2018, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2018, 04:41:16 AM

Final Death Count

Have the graphics aged any?

Graphics don't make the game. But it's still absolutely gorgeous. And I'm playing on PS3.

The Old One

The Old One

The graphics will last, particularly because it inhabits the aesthetic of the original film so well in it's intense detailing. The thing that already looks bad is unfortunately the cutscenes are prerendered at 30FPS and look awful, particularly when characters are speaking it looks really, really bad.

Huggs

Huggs

It's the story and the world that sucked me in. It could look like Banjo Kazooie, and still be amazing.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4)
Halo: Combat Evolved on Heroic (f**k the Library goddamn. It was awful 17 years ago and it's awful now)
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2005)

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Been playing DOOM (2015) and Need for Speed: Payback.

Playing DOOM been starting to make me want to revisit Colonial Marines... $5 at my Gamestop

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: steelio2006 on Jul 17, 2018, 09:41:58 PM
Playing DOOM been starting to make me want to revisit Colonial Marines... $5 at my Gamestop

Give it a go. Something to play. But, it's quite unchanged, I assure you. You have my sympathies.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 17, 2018, 09:53:33 PM
Quote from: steelio2006 on Jul 17, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

Give it a go. Something to play. But, it's quite unchanged, I assure you. You have my sympathies.

Was also looking at Prey (2017)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Shadows of the Colossals PS4. Its a pretty game and its fun fighting the colossals but man some of the camera views suck and the controls are not that good. Also why no damn fast travel option? I only have killed colossal number 4 out of15 so im going to finish the game but my score for it is a 6/10 now and dont see it changing when i beat the game.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jul 17, 2018, 11:07:20 PM
Shadows of the Colossals PS4. Its a pretty game and its fun fighting the colossals but man some of the camera views suck and the controls are not that good. Also why no damn fast travel option? I only have killed colossal number 4 out of15 so im going to finish the game but my score for it is a 6/10 now and dont see it changing when i beat the game.

You just had to be there back in the day. When it was released for ps2. It was a big deal then, and the ethereal/emotional experience of it was really unique. And it's got a nostalgic factor that appeals to those of us who took the original journey. I can see where it wouldn't be very appealing in the midst of the current gaming environment.

Gate

Gate

I need battlefront 2 buddies.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 17, 2018, 11:22:41 PM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jul 17, 2018, 11:07:20 PM

You just had to be there back in the day. When it was released for ps2. It was a big deal then, and the ethereal/emotional experience of it was really unique. And it's got a nostalgic factor that appeals to those of us who took the original journey. I can see where it wouldn't be very appealing in the midst of the current gaming environment.

I get where you are coming from, now that makes me regret never playing it on PS2. Its not a bad game by no means just wish they would had improved the camera's views and controls.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Gate on Jul 18, 2018, 01:34:22 AM

Its because you're on the side of the Rebel scum! All hail the Empire!!  :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Gate on Jul 18, 2018, 01:34:22 AM

What system? I've been thinking of grabbing it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed