Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,797 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 26, 2014, 03:18:18 AM
Beat Advanced Warfare and The Last of Us: Left Behind. Now I got nothing to play. Was thinking of picking up The Shadow of Mordor...

Buy Broforce on steam. Best $15 purchase ever.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Finished Alien Isolation.

This game is so amazing, best thing since Alien and Aliens. I maybe wasn't as "scared" as others due  being conditioned to Alien, but I 100% had quickly gained fearful respect for the alien which gave a strong message that this creature is not something you can defeat conventionally, and that the  key to survival is hiding for your life or creating distractions, and I was certainly glued to the motion tracker. I spent much of the first portion of the alien encounters hiding in the same lockers seemingly forever, then as I learned about my enemy, gained new tools and learned how to craft new stuff I began to hide less and be on the move for objectives more, hiding only when it seems necessary and using my arsenal with caution. At a point I felt that this game was just about done, only to face twist and turns made the game go on for hours and hours and as an alien fan this was pleasant, as a survivor I was more like "When will this nightmare be over?", especially when...

Spoiler
Alien is out of the picture as it was blasted off into space and now you're only dealing with synthetics and trying to find closure, but then there is that point when there is something wrong with the reactor and you walk through that door and see that there is a whole hive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du4IoVgOJdU#ws

Or when you're starting to be hunted by not one but two aliens.   ^^^
[close]

Managed to get the Mercy or Prudence achievement, in which I killed no humans the entire game (though in some cases I let the synthetics or alien do it  for me), but if I wasn't thinking of that achievement there were would of been moments when I probably would of shot hostile people, but even then I'd be reserved in who I kill as gun shots can alert the alien.

I have the Nostromo Edition so I downloaded the bonus mission Crew Expendable, going into the vents to drive the alien into the air lock I had a choice between playing as Ellen Ripley, Dallas and Parker. I completed it as Parker.  ;D

I strongly recommend this game to any alien fans.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Five Night and Freddys.
Because you know I am current.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Good post, Rich.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I also started playing Alien Isolation yesterday . Had to wait a painful installation process but the game was pretty impressive . Right now I believe I'm at the ...

Spoiler
...4th mission . I got the revolver ,motion tracker and hacking tool , encountered Axel and the Alien . Now for the first time I met the Working Joes . You're becoming hysterical . Tut , tut .  :laugh:
[close]

Even if I was already familiar with the Alien , still , I was surprised by the way it reacted to the enviroment and how he used the vents to find me .
   One question tough : When I started the campagin , there were only 3 difficulty levels listed : Easy , Normal , Hard .  I heard there were also Novice and Nightmare but they didn't appear ( not even blurred or marked with a darker gray , to let me know they do exist but they're not unlocked yet) . Is this ok , and they will appear after I finish the game?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

You get novice and nightmare after you beat the story. I played on normal. Will play again on hard in the future.

Razz

Razz

The Evil Within (PS4)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Finished Last of Us, fantastic game throughout. A really great cast of characters; Joel and Ellie are especially great and likeable. Really good ending as well
Spoiler
Joel did nothing wrong.
[close]
I don't usually like sequels to games cause of all the milking that inevitably happens but I'd love to see more of TLOU if they can keep the quality this high.
Playing Left Behind now.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Nightlord on Dec 28, 2014, 04:19:31 AM
Finished Last of Us, fantastic game throughout. A really great cast of characters; Joel and Ellie are especially great and likeable. Really good ending as well
Spoiler
Joel did nothing wrong.
[close]
I don't usually like sequels to games cause of all the milking that inevitably happens but I'd love to see more of TLOU if they can keep the quality this high.
Playing Left Behind now.
Well considering the ending
Spoiler
that Joel lied to Ellie about the fireflies and that it felt like their story ended on a bittersweet note, Ellie accepting what Joel said.
[close]

I personally would love to see a second game focus on a brand new cast of characters, possibly taking place during the early years of the Cordyceps infection.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 27, 2014, 05:55:20 PM
You get novice and nightmare after you beat the story. I played on normal. Will play again on hard in the future.

Good . I'm also playing on normal . It's odd that Novice wasn't unlocked at the beginning of the game...most people who finish the game will want to go with a harder difficulty level .

Spoiler
Anyway , I'm at the medical center and I'm looking for the rooms on Dr. Morley's shift...damn Alien won't go away.
[close]

WinterActual

WinterActual

More Bug Hunt. And I started XCOM Enemy Within with the Long War mod.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 28, 2014, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 27, 2014, 05:55:20 PM

Good . I'm also playing on normal . It's odd that Novice wasn't unlocked at the beginning of the game...most people who finish the game will want to go with a harder difficulty level .

Spoiler
Anyway , I'm at the medical center and I'm looking for the rooms on Dr. Morley's shift...damn Alien won't go away.
[close]

Well if I go back to do the achievement in which you can NEVER die in the whole story... I'm going with novice.  ;D Since even with that low difficulty I'm not 100% sure on that success I'll play it on hard first, maybe it'll even prepare me more a little.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightlord on Dec 28, 2014, 04:19:31 AM
Spoiler
Joel did nothing wrong.
[close]
Playing Left Behind now.

There are rumblings about a potential movie. Was thinking about it the other day. I think Josh Brolin, Andrew Lincoln or Bryan Cranston would make a good Joel.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition

With the worlds in the next gen version being ten times larger I haven't been able to explore great distances much from where I set up shop, so I've been looking for a saddle to use to tame and ride a horse. After hours of searching I've found golden horse armour and diamond horse armour... but no saddles (you can't craft it, you have to find this rare item).

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Just beat all the Uncharted games last night (the PS3 ones at least, lol Vita) and holy shit, I have never been this exhilarated with so much high octane action since the original Bayonetta. These are games for the ages and all three (even the first which I just found "good" but nothing amazing) are easily now some of my favorite games of all time. Super excited now to see what Naughty Dog brings to the table with Uncharted 4, and I hope they finally top 2 with that one.

In other news, with Uncharted done and out of the way I'm now back to Wonderful 101 again. I shall still keep my claim that this is the greatest super hero game ever made. The humor, the characters, the action, all of it blends together to make a wonderfully unique character action title that has a lot of charm and a clear love for the Tokusatsu genre of Japanese filmmaking. Even the voice acting mimics English dubs of anime and film while remaining very well done and actually believeable. pls publish more games like this nintendo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed