Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,698 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky , such a good game it's bloody hard at times but so worth it.

Keg

Keg

Just finished God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Its only the second time ive played it and damn im impressed. I honestly think its the best of the series alongside GOW II.

The story is much, much better than GOW III and it sets up the second game brilliantly with Zeus fearing him and Kratos furious with the gods (I was worried how they would make the story work set between I and II but they pulled it off spectacularly). After the events of Chains of Olympus, GOW and then Ghost of Sparta it helps you root for Kratos more in the later two games because you sympathize with him better. Its hard to route for him in GOW III and even in GOW II at times because he seems such an angry dick, but after playing both the PSP games alongside the main games you get to see why he has so much disdain for the gods.

It may only be on a small PSP screen but its probably the most epic of the 5 games in my opinion. And its got some of the best bosses of the series. I love how the Scylla monster appears as a boss intermittently throughout the first hour and then during the finale showdown with it, it brings down Atlantis. Thanatos' daughter is a brilliant boss fight as well and I loved
Spoiler
the creature his mother turned into after revealing the secret
[close]

Now onto GOW II.

First Blood

First Blood

Alan Wake

Picked this up for $20 and it's great. Some nice little nods to other games like Max Payne in there, but it's fun being chased through the woods by lunatics with pitchforks.

Wake sounds and looks so much like a young Alec Baldwin... :)

SM

SM

Alien Resurrection - Had to resort to an online walkthrough to get pas the the first Ripley level!  But finally did, and am now wandering around as Call with nicely destructive laser.  Controls are still annoying but I'm actually enjoying this game again.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2011, 12:13:06 AM
Alien Resurrection - Had to resort to an online walkthrough to get pas the the first Ripley level!  But finally did, and am now wandering around as Call with nicely destructive laser.  Controls are still annoying but I'm actually enjoying this game again.
I remember playing that game when I was like 6 or something!  I was so scared that everytime the lights when out or an alien appeared on my screen, I quitted the game! :P

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on May 09, 2011, 01:45:17 AM
I remember playing that game when I was like 6 or something!  I was so scared that everytime the lights when out or an alien appeared on my screen, I quitted the game! :P

Yeah that game was pretty advanced for its time. I remember the first time I saw an alien it actually was a real time event and it dissappeared into an air duct. Needless to say I pooped a little.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on May 08, 2011, 11:41:04 PM
Alan Wake

Picked this up for $20 and it's great. Some nice little nods to other games like Max Payne in there, but it's fun being chased through the woods by lunatics with pitchforks.

Wake sounds and looks so much like a young Alec Baldwin... :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01417/alanwake2_1417057c.jpg

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/05d16e4c9e2ed08dd20d45300e2e8ecd1ae8453f.jpg
I think he looks more like Rob Lowe... but then again, Rob Lowe looks like a young Alec Baldwin.  :laugh:

SM

SM

Quote from: Fujimaster on May 09, 2011, 03:31:30 AM
Quote from: XxecutionerxX on May 09, 2011, 01:45:17 AM

Yeah that game was pretty advanced for its time. I remember the first time I saw an alien it actually was a real time event and it dissappeared into an air duct. Needless to say I pooped a little.

For a games that's quite dated now visually, it's still amazingly atmospheric.  In many FPS games you want hordes of monsters to shoot.  In this you want anything but.  Your weapons are generally pretty limited (at least so far) and a single Alien can f**k you up in very short order.  The save points are like the holy grail.  I'm dreading meeting a hugger.

Gate

Gate

Started a replay of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood after seeing news of Revelations.

I also finished Homefront recently and the story is wonderfully crafted, especially with the prequel timeline if anyone's read it. Too bad however the game was short..

DarkMajesty

DarkMajesty

I owned RPG Maker 3 for a while and just now figured out how to use it  :laugh:

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Red Dead Redemption. The Reward on my head is now 126 000 $. ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: EEV-2501 on May 10, 2011, 08:07:21 AM
Red Dead Redemption. The Reward on my head is now 126 000 $. ;D
HOW MANY HOOKERS DID YOU HAVE TO RAPE?!  :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well hang on a minute. He might have gone all genocidal n' shit on the Mexicans.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Medal of honor.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2011, 02:57:09 AM
Well hang on a minute. He might have gone all genocidal n' shit on the Mexicans.
Mexican hookers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed