Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,869 times)

Corporal Hicks

Has there been any comment on if 12 is going to be the final issue?

Russ840

Not yet. I am assuming that it is 12. Was hoping that Alien Day would see it announced that it was carrying on.

We will see on Dark Horse's August solicits.

They are being really coy about it.

Russ840

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-861/Aliens-Defiance-12#prettyPhoto

Preview for issue 12 is up.

I must say that I am disappointed that Stephen Thompson didn't pencil the issue. I think this series may end up being a bit of a let down.  I hope not.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Russ840 on May 03, 2017, 08:19:56 AM
Not yet. I am assuming that it is 12. Was hoping that Alien Day would see it announced that it was carrying on.

We will see on Dark Horse's August solicits.

They are being really coy about it.

Tristan said on Twitter he thinks a "season 2" is unlikely given how busy Wood is with the Briggs Land comic and TV show. It may eventually get a follow up, especially if we're vocal enough, but I'm fairly sure there are no current plans.

As far as the preview, I think the arts looks fine, I'm just very skeptical that one issue can wrap up all the threads in a satisfying way. We shall see.

HuDaFuK

Considering the promise this series held when it started out - enough to make me buy it despite my usual aversion to comic books - I can't help but be hugely disappointed how it's ending up.

What a waste of a great start.

drsmuts

The first few issues were simply great.

Sadly it's become a meandering mess.

SM

SM

How?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I wouldnt call it a mess but there have been some weird inconsistancies, flashbacks, and time jumps in the last few issues.

One example, last panel of one issue has the queen alive having killed all the mercanaries, start of the next issue has the queen floating around dead.

For me the series started great and i couldnt wait to see where it was going. But now i feel like it never really went anywhere that i was hoping it would.

SM

SM

Queen died of exposure.

426Buddy

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2017, 11:53:32 PM
Queen died of exposure.

I don't remember it being mentioned within the panels of the comic, even so its seemed odd to not deal with it during the issue and it was a disappointing end for her, at least for me.

Some of it just seems so disjointed, but i guess i should give the series another read through to get my facts straight.

SM

SM

I admit I did wonder if she was dead or what but since she was floating in a breached section of ship...  Often this series had a gap in events between issues rather than picking up right where the previous issue left off.

I also had to ask Tristan if the Europa fired the missile at the dropship or if it was from one of the parked ships (it was the former).

Russ840

Yeah. The beginning of the series was great but i think a lot of that had to do with world that Tristan created visually.

It seems like the whole story structure went through changes.  Its a shame, for me. I was hoping for another Aliens comic to tand among the small list of great Aliens comics.

Like SM, i fear that the final issue will not wrap everything up well enough.

SM

SM

I think it'll wrap up okay.

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2017, 05:59:58 AM
I think it'll wrap up okay.

Sorry. I meant Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I also find it sort of strange how the final issue has a lower price point than normal issues. I would have gladly paid more to get a double-sized finale if it allowed them to really wrap things up.

Do you think
Spoiler
Davis will come back, or do you think he's well and truly dead?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed