Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,913 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Yup! amazing stuff. Tristan really makes the Aliens look majestic, graceful and imposing in the right way. Again, great job! Love this series.
Spoiler
Just hoping that the Colonial Marines in this episode is just a short guest appearance and nothing more than that.
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 03, 2016, 03:57:58 PM
Amazing Tristan!

God I love this series. That art is rising to the top all time alien comic art. Look out Beauvais and Plunkett, you now have some competition!

Good call. I never thought of that - that is Tristan's style reminded me of Plunkett.

426Buddy

Just got issue number 5, def digging the art, but this issue felt a little rushed storywise. With the episode like nature of the series, it feels sometimes like  there is a lot of gaps between issues. Just kinda feels like we are missing out on things and sometimes feels like things happen between frames even that I would like to see. Not sure if that makes sense.

anyway thats just me nitpicking, this series has been excellent.

Corporal Hicks

I cannot heap enough praise on this series. Didn't feel rushed to me, just felt like an episode like they all have so far. I do feel like the story is going to pick up following this. And as always, knocked out the f**king park by Tristan Jones. That artwork, man. I just want to shake the man's hand!

Kurai

Kurai

So Extravehicular probably takes place somewhere around the next few issues... Do you think they're going to skip over it, expect that you got the free comic or do you think it will be incorporated into a future issue?

HuDaFuK

Given how important the events seemed, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't incorporated.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they just stick it in there with altered text boxes to make it fit into the story.

The fact Extravehicular wasn't a proper side-story is probably my only real complaint about the series so far.

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 08, 2016, 08:59:12 AM
The fact Extravehicular wasn't a proper side-story is probably my only real complaint about the series so far.

Agreed. I was actually really surprised that Hendricks featured in it at all, I was hoping for some prequel treatment and instead got "spoilers" :P

Sabres21768

Extravehicular was just a piece taken from a future issue.

It's part of the story.

426Buddy

Whats interestinbg about owning "extravehicular" is that the physical copy features big chap and when that segment gets included in a future issue it will be a praetorian like it already is in the digital copy.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 08, 2016, 01:41:48 PM
Whats interestinbg about owning "extravehicular" is that the physical copy features big chap and when that segment gets included in a future issue it will be a praetorian like it already is in the digital copy.

That big chap fella in Extravehicular is next on Neca's Series 11. Tristan just confirmed on Twitter.

426Buddy

426Buddy

:-XWell it'll be the praetorian (bigugly) that the smooth headed bigchap design was changed into for he digital copy and presumably when the issue is released.

HuDaFuK

Has anyone mentioned yet that Europa is apparently another Joseph Conrad reference?

Conrad served on an iron steamer called the Europa.

T Dog

T Dog

How many issues are out now? I only read the first 2!

Whiskeybrewer

There have been 5 issues so far

HuDaFuK

Anyone else see that, according to Dark Horse's website, issue 9 will be illustrated by Tony Brescini again, not Tristan?

EDIT: Actually, having checked, issues 7 and 8 are likewise not illustrated by Tristan, they're by a guy called Stephen Thompson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed