Okay, one single question - go back for Jonesy or no?

Started by Facehugga1976, Jul 16, 2023, 08:01:03 AM

Author
Okay, one single question - go back for Jonesy or no? (Read 7,122 times)

Xenomrph

I would die for my cats.

oduodu

nanison

The way the scene plays out I'd also take the cat with me. I think in such a situation you clammer to every non hostile creature you can get your hands on for comfort.

BigDaddyJohn

This is a good thread. I'd say yes, but wouldn't be surprised with myself ditching him when really facing that situation. And I'm a cat person.

PredBabe

I'd like to imagine that I would go back for my fur babies. Both my cat and doggos alike. But I would be inching around every corner in the process. 😅

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I just remembered Ripley didn't come back for Jones actually. She was going for the shuttle when Big Chap popped.

She left Jonesy's furry ass there and turned back to stop the ship self destruct process, but it was too late. She then went back to the shuttle and picked him up while embarking to the shuttle.

So Jones was always on Ripley's path anyway regarding her leaving the Nostromo.

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 21, 2024, 07:43:54 PMI just remembered Ripley didn't come back for Jones actually. She was going for the shuttle when Big Chap popped.

She left Jonesy's furry ass there and turned back to stop the ship self destruct process, but it was too late. She then went back to the shuttle and then picked him up while embarking to the shuttle.

So Jones was always on Ripley's path anyway regarding her leaving the Nostromo.
She goes to the bridge to get him first, which she had no reason to go to.

BigDaddyJohn

Oh shit yes you're right. Weirdly my mind obliterated this part.

426Buddy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 16, 2023, 11:08:06 AMMurderous alien on board that could be hiding anywhere? Time of the essence? Gotta blow the ship and try to help my last 2 crew members?

No the cat is on its own.

I still stand by this answer. Ripley spends precious time going to the bridge and getting the cat. I'm sorry but getting off the ship with Parker and Lambert as quickly as possible would be my only concern.

If the cat just happened to be on the way then yah sure I'de scoop him up. But as it's shown in the film, that cat would be toast.

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 21, 2024, 08:40:07 PMI still stand by this answer. Ripley spends precious time going to the bridge and getting the cat. I'm sorry but getting off the ship with Parker and Lambert as quickly as possible would be my only concern.
Ripley doesn't waste any time on it. She's waiting for them to get back with the coolant.

SM

Yeah she had all the time she wanted. She was just prepping the shuttle, which doesn't take terribly long. If it was after she'd thrown the switches - different matter.

Local Trouble

If only they knew the shuttle had three cryotubes.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2024, 09:23:45 PMYeah she had all the time she wanted.
Well, 7 minutes.

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Feb 21, 2024, 09:08:51 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 21, 2024, 08:40:07 PMI still stand by this answer. Ripley spends precious time going to the bridge and getting the cat. I'm sorry but getting off the ship with Parker and Lambert as quickly as possible would be my only concern.
Ripley doesn't waste any time on it. She's waiting for them to get back with the coolant.

Now I have to watch again but if she had that kind of time to wait around or look for the cat then she could have been covering Parker and Lambert with the flamethrower.

Things more important than going to the bridge for the cat.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 21, 2024, 09:25:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2024, 09:23:45 PMYeah she had all the time she wanted.
Well, 7 minutes.

She's the captain by that point and if she takes longer, Parker can take it up with the union.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 21, 2024, 09:29:54 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 21, 2024, 09:08:51 PM

Now I have to watch again but if she had that kind of time to wait around or look for the cat then she could have been covering Parker and Lambert with the flamethrower.

Things more important than going to the bridge for the cat.

Parker was covering Lambert. Ripley was the most vulnerable on her own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed