Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,573 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
Is Mafia II any good? Doesn't seem like reviews are pining over it.

It's okay. The aiming is a little wonky and there's not much to do except buy clothes and upgrade cars. Also once you beat it; you can't free roam around the city. Since it's broken up into Chapters.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds like a cheap GTA imitation.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 01, 2010, 03:16:32 AM

It's heavy on story and not much else.

Dachande

Dachande

Yeah, although TBH i'm liking it a lot, althoughj like you said the aiming could be better, but i quite like the fact that it isnt all free roam as it keeps you engaged in the story more. There were times in GTA4 where i'd go off and do so much crap, i'd forget what was happening in the story.

And its still better than the pile of shit that was Kane and Lynch 2

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 01, 2010, 01:29:44 AM
Downloading the Vanquish demo on PSN right now.
I just played that, its insane and awesome. Flipping out of cover in slo mo, shooting a robot in the air, landing, then rocket boosting into another one for a melee kill then rocket boosting backwards while shooting other robots is all sorts of satisfying.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Yeah it's some pretty sick shit. Once you get the hang of everything it's ri-doo-doo-diculously awesome. It's like a really fast Gears of War with robots. I still have to get used to pressing square instead of x to take cover. But other than that it's f**kin' sweet.

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 01, 2010, 03:16:00 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
Is Mafia II any good? Doesn't seem like reviews are pining over it.

It's okay. The aiming is a little wonky and there's not much to do except buy clothes and upgrade cars. Also once you beat it; you can't free roam around the city. Since it's broken up into Chapters.

that's not always a bad thing, "The Getaway" had freeroam after you completed it, but besides getting a free car to drive, you couldn't do anything.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

It's not. If anything, it's more comparable to the way Assassin's Creed I and II handled open-world environments.

War Wager

War Wager

BioShock 2
Dante's Inferno

Both brilliant.

forgot to say in my last post, i'm currently playing Dead Space again, i bought it about 6 months ago for less than £10, but then got distracted by new games, since there's nothing that i really want being released any time soon, i'm back playing it

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 01, 2010, 01:29:44 AM

Dawn of War {and expansions ;D}

Who do you play?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm kind of a Jack of all trades when it comes to that game. For the most part I play Space Marines or Chaos.

Huol

Huol

Yeah the only ones I can't really play so well are the Tau.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Sep 01, 2010, 10:07:30 AM

It's not. If anything, it's more comparable to the way Assassin's Creed I and II handled open-world environments.

So do anything within defined boundaries? Doesn't make much sense, yet both AC games were awesome.

Nope

Nope

Shank. A fun downloadable game thats Ultra-violent, Visually a treat, and has a smooth combo system. I like it! 8/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed