Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,498 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

I loved what they did with Assault in UT2004, the idea of narrative-based deathmatching was ambitious as hell (as evidenced by the paucity of maps) but created a peerless gameplay experience in my opinion. Just a shame that the public servers debased it into threadbare "race" maps and assorted bullshit, given how massively difficult it was to map for.

And generally speaking, UT2004, what a Dirk Diggler-sized package. I don't think there's ever been another game that offered so much out of the box. And it had an exceptionally deep, skill-intensive combat dynamic with the advanced movement system and varied arsenal.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Doom 3

Welp, Resurrection of Evil is already better than the main campaign, faster pace, cooler enemies (those xenomorph looking motherf**kers, aaahhh), and the grabber is pretty cool.

Resident Evil Revelations

Going to start Infernal Mode soon. Oh boy...

Quote from: Terx2 on May 29, 2013, 08:21:27 AM
Resident Evil Revelations

F**k the final bosses illusions and the cloaked Hunters.

Let me make it more painful.

Imagine having to do it on the 3DS original where there is no right joystick unless you get the circle pad pro. ;D

Spoiler
On Hell mode.
[close]

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Team Fortress 2

Better late then never?  Would anyone like to play with me this week I am still learning though.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer- I am hooked to it, like a Sharkticon in a scrap store.*puns intended*
Can't stop me and my Geth Juggernaut, Behemoth.

Was very engrossed in Colonial Marines' MP...till the dread save loss paid me a visit...

Red Dead Redemption- the best fraggin' cowboy game I've had the privilege of playing- plus, it's triple XP week.  ;D

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm replaying through ME2 with all the DLC. After that i'll be going through ME3 to do the same. I f***ing love Mass Effect.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Mr. Runner on May 30, 2013, 03:16:33 AM
Mass Effect 3's multiplayer- I am hooked to it, like a Sharkticon in a scrap store.*puns intended*

Was very engrossed in Colonial Marines' MP...till the dread save loss paid me a visit...

Red Dead Redemption- the best fraggin' cowboy game I've had the privilege of playing- plus, it's triple XP week.  ;D

If you play on xbox I will be happy to play with you

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 30, 2013, 05:06:16 AM
I'm replaying through ME2 with all the DLC. After that i'll be going through ME3 to do the same. I f***ing love Mass Effect.

And you too.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Vertigo on May 29, 2013, 09:52:46 PM
I loved what they did with Assault in UT2004, the idea of narrative-based deathmatching was ambitious as hell (as evidenced by the paucity of maps) but created a peerless gameplay experience in my opinion. Just a shame that the public servers debased it into threadbare "race" maps and assorted bullshit, given how massively difficult it was to map for.

And generally speaking, UT2004, what a Dirk Diggler-sized package. I don't think there's ever been another game that offered so much out of the box. And it had an exceptionally deep, skill-intensive combat dynamic with the advanced movement system and varied arsenal.

Assault was my second favorite game mode behind Onslaught. Onslaught was so f**king badass, especially on any map that had the Redeemer.

Man you got that right. UT2004 was filled to the brim with content. And they even released free maps online! you remember back in those days when shit was free? I tell ya, they don't make FPS games like they used to. If they could ever do another proper UT game {UT3 don't count} I'd shit my pants with glee.

WinterActual

WinterActual

They won't do it since they know that such games are not selling well these days. Also the game showing the power of Unreal 4 will be Fortnite (or at least Epic are promoting it as the first ever PC game with the UE 4 engine).

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Predator Queen on May 30, 2013, 05:07:32 AM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on May 30, 2013, 03:16:33 AM

If you play on xbox I will be happy to play with you

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 30, 2013, 05:06:16 AM

And you too.

Jaja, GT's Harbinger 092.  :)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WinterActual on May 30, 2013, 12:45:14 PM
They won't do it since they know that such games are not selling well these days. Also the game showing the power of Unreal 4 will be Fortnite (or at least Epic are promoting it as the first ever PC game with the UE 4 engine).

I know..f**king casuals ruinin' mah FPS's

WinterActual

WinterActual

No, I am not saying anything about the casuals  ;)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WinterActual on May 30, 2013, 02:24:16 PM
No, I am not saying anything about the casuals  ;)

But you were thinking it  :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

No I am not. My point was that this type of gameplay is dead niche. The devs have no economical reasons to develop such game with high end kickass engine. It doesn't matter who they are aiming at - casuals, pros, average gamers etc. The last Painkiller game released before a few months didn't sell very good because this gameplay type is already done. It doesn't matter if its competitive or cooperative, the majority of players prefer more realistic shooters (I don't have in mind simulations but realistic - real life inspired war conflicts).

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I was jokin' guy damn.  :-\

WinterActual

WinterActual

Sorry man I am not native english speaker so I may not understand everything as it was supposed to sound  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed