Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,680 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Mass Effect 3.

Soloing the multiplayer, trying to increase my skill using a mouse to aim, since I'm still not entirely used to it. Also trying to increase my skill in the game in general, since I've only made it to wave 7 solo on Bronze, and I find that unacceptable for myself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Mar 31, 2012, 04:03:45 PM
I never played it when it was first released, it was well over a year later so I only know what its like now and Killzone 2 and 3 have my personal favourite control scheme and shooting mechanics of any FPS ive played.

For whatever reason, KZ 3 felt miles better than KZ 2 when in effect they're the same game. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 01, 2012, 05:37:44 AM
Quote from: Keg on Mar 31, 2012, 04:03:45 PM
I never played it when it was first released, it was well over a year later so I only know what its like now and Killzone 2 and 3 have my personal favourite control scheme and shooting mechanics of any FPS ive played.

For whatever reason, KZ 3 felt miles better than KZ 2 when in effect they're the same game. I can't quite put my finger on it.
I feel the same about it, the controls for a start feel so much tighter and easier to get to grips with, took me ages to really master the way KZ2 controlled.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not just in terms of the controls but overall. It just felt like a bigger game.

Keg

Keg

Admittedly Killzone 2's controls felt floaty and weird at first and when I first played the game I hated it and never even finished it. And then about a month before Killzone 3 I decided to go back and give both the first game and the sequel another go because Killzone 3 looked mind blowing and this time I stuck with it and fell in love. And then like you say Killzone 3 just tightened everything up and it played and looked brilliant.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That MAWLR and multi-rocket launcher were epic too ;D

Keg

Keg

I've just found something out when fighting Radec at the end of Killzone 2 and I cant believe I hadnt thought of it before. I fought him with a flamethrower and it becomes insanely easy. Once hes on fire he runs around screaming and because of the flames you know where he is (he has a cloaking device). Simply take out a shotgun or high powered weapon and blast the f**k out of the screaming fireball. Quickly grab the flamethrower again and give him another dose to keep him fire and rinse and repeat. f**ker never even gets a chance to get a shot off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll remember that if I ever decide to replay it. The battle the first time made me rage quit on a number of occasions.

Keg

Keg

To be honest the actual fight with Radec isnt the worst part, its clearing out the waves of Helghast he sends out to get you. When the rocket launcher dudes come out, sometimes you just get hit by a stray rocket or as youre running from another one you run directly into the explosion of another thats just slammed into the wall beside you. On any other difficulty other than normal that part used to piss me off so much.

r888

r888

Dead space

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Started a new game of Skyrim.

I went Stormcloak. Why? I wanted to be realistic and pretend I don't have the internet to do all the research.

If some authority said "Oh lets chop his head off even though he ain't on the list" as if they could give a f**k less who do you think I would join?

But I'm avoiding the war cause dragons that can end the world is probably something more important to deal with, I hope to do that peace treaty thing I've never done before.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Skyrim

Terx2

Terx2

Aliens vs Predator 2. Testing my own mod on it and having a blast.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Far Cry 2, with a bit of Crysis 2 mixed in

Razz

Razz

Still playing MGS4 and christ I really forgot how many cutscenes this thing has, I'm use to the cutscene bonanza that the series is renown for but MGS4 is just insane. Still want to pick up the HD collection at some point since Snake Eater is IMO the best out of the series.

I've not been playing much this past week, I might get Prototype 2 in when it comes out if finances aren't too strict but the next big game for me is Max Payne 3. Hurry up May! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed