Xenomorph hive

Started by (Bad Blood), Apr 05, 2021, 01:17:04 AM

Author
Xenomorph hive (Read 7,569 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone, I'm curious about something..I know there are drones, warriors, praetorian and queen Aliens, I'm just curious because they have been compared to ants and bees which both have many female workers/warriors and a small number of males that do the do with the queen and then die and it's true both for bees and ants so I'm wondering do the Xenomorphs have a small number of males and large number of females like ants and bees?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Queens are born pregnant as shown in Alien Resurrection.

And there aren't any praetorians.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

*In the films so far anyway.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It'll never happen on SM's watch.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm not sure he holds the same Godlike sway with the house of mouse.

SM

SM

My sway has never been Godlike.

I doubt we'll ever see a Praetorian in a film though.

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Apr 05, 2021, 01:17:04 AM
Hey everyone, I'm curious about something..I know there are drones, warriors, praetorian and queen Aliens, I'm just curious because they have been compared to ants and bees which both have many female workers/warriors and a small number of males that do the do with the queen and then die and it's true both for bees and ants so I'm wondering do the Xenomorphs have a small number of males and large number of females like ants and bees?

Cameron took his lead from the insect kingdom - but Aliens don't follow it slavishly.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2021, 04:00:30 AM
I doubt we'll ever see a Praetorian in a film though.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Just need someone to bring to idea to Ridley. Dude might pull a few extra alien types depending on how random his mind feels that day.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 05, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
Just need someone to bring to idea to Ridley. Dude might pull a few extra alien types depending on how random his mind feels that day.

Praetorian?  Brilliant.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

There aren't any real males or sexual reproduction in Alien biology as far as we know, it's been implied multiple times that they are asexual.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's not what asexual means, asexual means an absence of sex drive, Covenant implies the opposite, what you mean's hermaphroditic, both sexes at once.

Huggs

Huggs

That sex business is a bunch of hooey. A stork brings the eggs. Momma said so.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2021, 04:00:30 AM

Cameron took his lead from the insect kingdom - but Aliens don't follow it slavishly.
This.

The Queen primarily exists for two reasons:

To thematically be a counter to Ripley's themes of motherhood.

To be a badass "final boss" for Ripley to fight at the end of the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed