Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews

Started by happypred, Sep 09, 2014, 07:43:43 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews (Read 135,092 times)

SM

Nostromo

Ok. .. I just finished reading Prometheus Omega..what the heck was this story about?!?

You have Galgo, one of the worst characters ever and Foster arguing like kids during the whole comic...you have Elgen the thing coming back for no reason, a Predator who's just standing around, a mountain that's alive and all that to show us that they made it to some desert?. what the LOL???

Story: 1/10, Locations: 6/10, Art 7.5/10, Horror 2/10, Alien Design 5/10, Colors: 7/10, Cover: 8/10.

In other words pointless and awful.. Aliens and Prometheus showed so much promise...AVP and Omega sucked. I definitely won't be buying Predator to see more of Galgo the bitch and Elgen..f that.

happypred

That's a shame . . . because the Predator series is arguably the best

Nostromo

Quote from: happypred on Jun 30, 2016, 02:40:07 AM
That's a shame . . . because the Predator series is arguably the best

hey there! Can you tell me in which predator issue the engineer appears in?

SM

SM

Elgen (sic) isn't in F&S Predator.

EJA

OK, so why is Prometheus-era tech still being used in the early twenty-third century?

SM

Fox enforced timeframe change so it wouldn't tread on the second film.

The only real issue is ship speeds.  Z2R isn't two years travel from Earth.

EJA

Quote from: SM on Jun 30, 2016, 09:06:24 AM
Fox enforced timeframe change so it wouldn't tread on the second film.

The only real issue is ship speeds.  Z2R isn't two years travel from Earth.

Budget cutbacks forcing companies to utilize outdated, cheaper tech? Best explanation I can come up with right now.

Nostromo

Amazing how many people notice or even give a crap about the latest Astronaut suits & attire. What is this, Cosmopolitain lol?

EJA

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 30, 2016, 01:04:22 PM
Amazing how many people notice or even give a crap about the latest Astronaut suits & attire. What is this, Cosmopolitain lol?

Well, as SM points out, it isn't just the uniforms; it's the technology. As this is well after Aliens, it makes little sense for the tech to more resemble that of Prometheus, which was over a hundred years ago.

Corporal Hicks

I can't say the technology really seemed out of place (aside from the obvious Prometheus style spacesuits). The Prometheus tech already seemed out of place in the universe as it looked far more advanced than anything in the Alien films. I always brought into the notion of it being top of the line kit for researchers. Thinking along that mentality (with perhaps similar outward appearance but newer guts) I thought it fitted well enough.

Nostromo

Don't forget in Alien they showed us space truckers (Commercial Towing Vehicle) who were pretty much rejects and f-ups like Brett, even Dallas was lucky to still have a job after that mess he was party responsible for. In Prometheus they are travelling in full class no expense spared as the owner of the company is travelling with them too.

426Buddy

Gotta read Predator F&S, its one of the best predator titles dark horse has ever produced.

Thomas H.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 30, 2016, 07:01:58 PM
Gotta read Predator F&S, its one of the best predator titles dark horse has ever produced.

And Ahab one of the best designs ever for a Predator.

Ultramorph

Thumbing through my Fire and Stone hardcover again, and something just occurred to me about the AvP series. The Predators in that series are Ahab's clan, so it's likely they know at least a bit about his white whale. Maybe they blood Elden because they think "Oh maybe this is one of those space gods our elder has talked about." Or like Elden says later, maybe they were branding him, setting him aside for Ahab. I hadn't thought of that before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed