Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews

Started by happypred, Sep 09, 2014, 07:43:43 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone (Prometheus/Aliens/AvP/Predator/Omega): All Reviews (Read 134,546 times)

happypred

So umm...could someone spoil this for me?

Spoiler
Does Ahab survive?
[close]

Xenomrph

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 10, 2015, 07:13:55 PM
Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Feb 10, 2015, 06:19:09 PM
Another review is up for Omega. There are not many spoilers except for a panel from the book that was not featured in the preview this past month. I will need some context as to what is going on, but it does involve one of the main characters in the book.

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/review-prometheus-fire-stone-omega/

Review Excerpt: While the Aliens/AVP/Prometheus/Predator comics are connected, that connection had been fairly loose, until now.

I'd call the connection between the comics a bit more than "loose", but I guess that is just me.
Yeah, the comics have referenced each other pretty directly since the 90s, just not all that often. We even had directly linked crossover series (Xenogenesis). But it's no big secret that they've all been set in the same "universe".

DarthJoker45

Quote from: happypred on Feb 11, 2015, 07:18:58 AM
So umm...could someone spoil this for me?

Spoiler
Does Ahab survive?
[close]

Spoiler
He does. He survives along with Angela and Galgo.
[close]

CeejSays

Hey guys,

I just had a chat with Fire and Stone head writer Kelly Sue DeConnick on behalf of BigComicPage.com about the Omega issue, the F&S event in general, her initial feelings on licensed properties, and a lot of other cool stuff.

May be ever so slightly spoileriffic, so approach with caution if you haven't read the finale yet.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2015/02/11/bcp-interview-kelly-sue-deconnick-talks-prometheus-fire-and-stone/

DarthJoker45

Quote from: CeejSays on Feb 11, 2015, 04:42:12 PM
Hey guys,

I just had a chat with Fire and Stone head writer Kelly Sue DeConnick on behalf of BigComicPage.com about the Omega issue, the F&S event in general, her initial feelings on licensed properties, and a lot of other cool stuff.

May be ever so slightly spoileriffic, so approach with caution if you haven't read the finale yet.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2015/02/11/bcp-interview-kelly-sue-deconnick-talks-prometheus-fire-and-stone/

Yeah, I read that interview. It was really neat to see her insight into the whole thing. When will your review be up for Omega? Also, what was your general consensus on it?

RakaiThwei

So since I haven't read the comic and likely won't be picking it up.. Just a few spoiler questions.

Spoiler
Is there any relationship established between the Engineers and the Predators mentioned in passing dialogue?

Does Elden die? If so, how does he happen to do so?

Are the Predators naturally evolved or creations or is this never mentioned?
[close]

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2015, 07:05:57 PM
So since I haven't read the comic and likely won't be picking it up.. Just a few spoiler questions.

Spoiler
Is there any relationship established between the Engineers and the Predators mentioned in passing dialogue?

Does Elden die? If so, how does he happen to do so?

Are the Predators naturally evolved or creations or is this never mentioned?
[close]

Spoiler

There is no relationship established between the Engineers or Predators.

Elden does indeed die. He sacrifices himself so Angela, Galgo, and Ahab can escape. He fuses himself with the "mountain" which is actually the Deacon. Now, before you judge the concept, there is nothing outlandish like a Deacon Kaiju. The Deacon has just somehow grown around the Prometheus ship. Somehow, the black goo managed to help evolve the creature. It is never explained how though.

The Predator race origins are not even mentioned.
[close]

Quarax

Regarding constructs.

Spoiler

[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Quarax on Feb 11, 2015, 07:55:27 PM
Regarding constructs.

Spoiler

[close]

Which doesn't make sense to me, as I really didn't read the comics and likely won't.. but I do remember seeing interior art where Elden has..

Spoiler
Essentially the same working parts as a standard synthetic-- right down to the lubrication fluid and the wires and beads. So what is the exact damn difference between a construct and a synthetic?
[close]

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2015, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: Quarax on Feb 11, 2015, 07:55:27 PM
Regarding constructs.

Spoiler

[close]

Which doesn't make sense to me, as I really didn't read the comics and likely won't.. but I do remember seeing interior art where Elden has..

Spoiler
Essentially the same working parts as a standard synthetic-- right down to the lubrication fluid and the wires and beads. So what is the exact damn difference between a construct and a synthetic?
[close]

I'm thinking he is a construct because they probably wanted to make some sort of Frankenstein (seeking purpose) connection with the character and Frankenstein is perhaps the best known conflicted construct.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Regarding Elden:

Spoiler

He is part organic and part machine. In other words, he has organic tissue over his mechanical parts. It isn't exactly like the synthetics because they had white blood with cables which seemed like tissue. What I think happened was that the black substance mutated the organic material to take over the rest of Elden's being causing his machine parts to malfunction. In the Prometheus book, he was bleeding blood.

[close]

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Feb 11, 2015, 08:49:27 PM
Regarding Elden:

Spoiler

He is part organic and part machine. In other words, he has organic tissue over his mechanical parts. It isn't exactly like the synthetics because they had white blood with cables which seemed like tissue. What I think happened was that the black substance mutated the organic material to take over the rest of Elden's being causing his machine parts to malfunction. In the Prometheus book, he was bleeding blood.

[close]

He'll be back. Skynet will just keep sending more so we have the same story over and over and over again.

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 11, 2015, 08:54:27 PM
He'll be back. Skynet will just keep sending more so we have the same story over and over and over again.

I think that you have the wrong franchise.  :laugh:

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Feb 11, 2015, 08:58:50 PM
Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 11, 2015, 08:54:27 PM

I think that you have the wrong franchise.  :laugh:

What are you talking about? Everything is one big franchise now. Just wait until you see "Planet of the Alien Ape Predator Terminators in a Galaxy Far Far Away"

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Feb 11, 2015, 09:04:29 PM
What are you talking about? Everything is one big franchise now. Just wait until you see "Planet of the Alien Ape Predator Terminators in a Galaxy Far Far Away"

If that is the idea behind a sequel to Spaceballs, count me in.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed