Mad Max: Fury Road

Started by nukem11, Oct 22, 2007, 06:48:31 PM

Author
Mad Max: Fury Road (Read 147,197 times)

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

And was a short movie. It was only about an hour and a half, so two long car chases are plenty. And as for the gunfights comment, I was just using that as a way of talking about the brutal car chases where the bikers would attempt to kill the drivers of the other cars by shooting arrows/ occassionally bullets at the drivers. No they weren't shootouts, but they were shooting the drivers while in a car chase...

SM

SM

10 minute chase at the start and 10 minute chase at the end.  With an hour in between.

The second and third films were paced better.  But that opening car chase in the first one was fecking awesome.

severen76

severen76

Some of the car chases and effects in the first one were ...eye popping.

SM

SM

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: SM on Mar 03, 2012, 07:19:41 AM
10 minute chase at the start and 10 minute chase at the end.  With an hour in between.

The second and third films were paced better.  But that opening car chase in the first one was fecking awesome.

My dad watched that get filmed well the first car chase.

Sooo much western suburbs in that film.

SM

SM

We used to live out that way too.

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

The first film was about building the character, the second was to take the character to the furthest reaches of humanity but the last just totally lost its way, probably down to Miller not giving a shit after the producer died.

I still don't know why they had the guy who played the Gyro Captain and not have him play the Gyro Captain again, i wonder if Russell Hoult could be him in the new one? Plus will Richard Norton be the bad guy?

SM

SM

QuoteThe first film was about building the character, the second was to take the character to the furthest reaches of humanity

Only in retrospect.  It's not like you had to watch the first one to understand the character.  All you need to know at the start of Mad Max 2 is he was a cop who lost his family - which is detailed in the opening montage.

As for the gyro captain - it confused me for years if he was supposed to be the same character in 2 and Thunderdome.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2012, 02:15:04 AM
As for the gyro captain - it confused me for years if he was supposed to be the same character in 2 and Thunderdome.

It's been years since I've seen them - but is it supposed to be the same character?

SM

SM

No.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2012, 05:33:12 AM
No.

Interesting - but Max's reaction when he sees him seems to imply that Max knows him?

SM

SM

At the end yes, but I think it's meant to be that he knows him from stealing his stuff at the start (he specifically says to Jedediah 'You've got a plane'.)

Last Max saw of Gyro was 15 years earlier, driving a bus after he crashed his autogyro.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2012, 05:40:51 AM
At the end yes, but I think it's meant to be that he knows him from stealing his stuff at the start (he specifically says to Jedediah 'You've got a plane'.)

Ahhh yes told you it had been years since I had seen it - forgot the opening scene.

......which only serves to confuse the audience more doesn't it - if it's not supposed to be the same character.

QuoteLast Max saw of Gyro was 15 years earlier, driving a bus after he crashed his autogyro.

Is that really the time difference between 2 & 3?  wow.

SM

SM

Yup.

Quote......which only serves to confuse the audience more doesn't it - if it's not supposed to be the same character.

Hence my confusion.  But when you look at it rationally even if Max thought it was Gyro, and meant "autogyro" when he said "plane", there's no way he's going to pack Jedediah, Jedediah Jnr, Savannah, Anna, Skyfish, Master, Pig Killer, Scrooloose, Max and that one other kid I can never remember the name of, all onto a two person helicopter.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Anybody else love the horrible English dubbed version of the first film? The worst is the voice they got for the captain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed