NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 167,178 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Thanks a lot man.  Sorry that i've skipped over it.

Cvalda

How does Vickers die, and how does Ford die? Thanks!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Well, firstly I thank NGR01 for your honest review of a film so many of us have waited for and that promised so much. While it is disappointing to get such negative feed back, even though you haven't actually given much away, the fact you reveal so much has been spoilt for us in "trailers" is the most disappointing thing of all.  This is the one thing I never expected and surely should NEVER happen in a high profile film like this.

Of course everyone still needs to be their own judge of this film, but we all need to take a step back right now.  This reveal by NRG01 is still important, a guy who is still one of us as far as I'm concerned and people need to stop dissing him just because they don't like what they hear. I may point out, the truth hurts and we ALL acknowledged a LONG time ago a number of factors could see this movie held back, even taken outside of Scott's control. Old Riddles himself isn't perfect, we know that too, but I can't help wondering (purely based on what NGR01 has told us) did the following elements really conspire against Scott in any way!!

First there's writer Damon Lindelof, the guy so many loved to hate (including me) over his LOST series which very few even understood by the end and even he admits made mistakes. Why was this guy brought in at all, to finish a screenplay that was already done!  What did Lindelof really give Prometheus that could have brought it down, more worryingly what did he take away!  Was it just a lack of knowledge with what he was dealing with, which ultimately led to lack of answers or worse, lame answers to important questions then go figure!

Then of course there's the other man everyone loves to hate, mostly because this is the guy most likely to screw up Prometheus.  I won't even mention his name, but it does seem clear this person may have had the movie cut to a specific running time to suite viewing times rather than suite anything to do with the movie....suprise, suprise!  Did FOX have any agenda with this movie, was the R rating just a smoke screen to please on-looking fans, why is it even French reviewers are indicating most characters are under-developed and the film doesn't seem long enough   

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all be posting our thoughts in dew course, and we'll all be very different. Even though I haven't seen the movie yet, it's hard not to raise my expectation, especially as I'm probably a minority here who was around to see Alien back in '79. I will always be disappointed Prometheus wasn't a direct prequel I won't deny that, but then I think that story was always going to be harder to write anyway. In a way it doesn't hurt to be reminded that, even after 30 years of waiting for Prometheus to come along, I as an ALIEN fan shouldn't expect too much just because Ridley Scott is at the helm.  Yes it should make a difference, but the sad truth is the name of the game is to make money, and the vibe I'm getting here is FOX have fooled everyone who wanted something out of this movie.  So now I'm going in with an open mind, as long as I see a great movie that makes sense, given something to root for, answers enough questions, keeps me entertained and isn't just pop corn stuff then I'm happy.   

I have just one question that wasn't answered before I started writing this comment, so apologies if it has been since:

All I want to know is did Ridley Scott REALLY answer the question he said started off the making of Prometheus in the first place... does he really tell us (cryptically or otherwise) what happened to the Jockey in the chair from ALIEN???
(yes or no will do)

Cheers

RoaryUK

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2012, 10:22:15 PM
How does Vickers die, and how does Ford die? How does Fifield become infected? Thanks!

YES ! Please only these questions answer and then off to bed.

NGR01

RoaryUK
You're welcome mate.
No he doesnt adress directly the Derelict.
Spoiler
To me i think we can deduct what happened from what happened to the Engineer station.
The 3 chestbursted sarcophagis leave no doubt.
For the moment my take is that, Engineers were killed by their latest bioweapon, the xenos.
Some fled the base, the Space jockey but he was already infected.
[close]
Then again it could be possible that The Derelict did not landed yet on LV426 wich mean it might be answered in PROMETHEUS 2.

As for my harsh comments about the non believer.
Please remember how i participated the forums this last year and try to imagine how do i feel when i see the movie and i end up (for the moment not liking it) then come back here and be called a lier.
So please excuse my burst of anger.
And those to come ^^

Cvalda

Quote from: Qwertify on May 28, 2012, 10:29:59 PM
How does Vickers die, and how does Ford die? How does Fifield become infected? Thanks!

LOL, Qwertify! :D I see what you did there.

Truise

We are such a  bunch of suckers for spoilers  ;D

orchidal

orchidal

This doesn't sound as spectacular as I was hoping for.
While none of your spoilers,
except for the "Jason" allusion, seem to turn me off too much,
All can be forgiven if the Jockey is handled well.

Do we get to learn about their/race/culture at length?
Is there verbal communication between the crew and the Jockey?
Does the SJ feel like a cop-out?

PS still wish he looked like his suit.

gooner_no1

@NGR01
Again nothing that wasn't in the trailer - what is the opening title - does it say "Earth 20 billion years ago" or something like that.

Answer that and you're home and hosed.

Predaker

Does the engineer talk like pootietang?

orchidal

orchidal

^hEh

Valaquen

Just reminding people to use spoiler tags :)

Qwertify

Quote from: Cvalda on May 28, 2012, 10:31:17 PM

LOL, Qwertify! :D I see what you did there.

;) Nice set BTW. I love corn!

Quote from: Predaker on May 28, 2012, 10:34:44 PM
Does the engineer talk like pootietang?

The post-midnight delirium is setting in.

Mastes1

Quote from: gooner_no1 on May 28, 2012, 10:34:37 PM
@NGR01
Again nothing that wasn't in the trailer - what is the opening title - does it say "Earth 20 billion years ago" or something like that.

Answer that and you're home and hosed.
I doub't it says that seen as though the Earth is only 4.5 billion years old!. ;D

Ruzena

Thanks a lot NGRO01: one final question, who do you think is more responsible for this failure, is it Lindelf**koff or aging Scott? Who the f**k butchered the legend? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed