How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,344 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: Master on Nov 21, 2007, 08:28:09 AM
All this new method if bull shit, created for teens to say "Wow".

I think its being creative and inventive.

Ballzanya

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 08:29:31 AM
Quote from: Master on Nov 21, 2007, 08:28:09 AM
All this new method if bull shit, created for teens to say "Wow".

I think its being creative and inventive.

No I think the post you quoted is more accurate, and its just sad really.

SM

SM

No need to attack him for liking it.

Master

They can be creative and inventive due to their own monster. If they create it and promote , they can include anything they want. I don`t think that A or P was created by Strause.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 08:31:47 AM
No need to attack him for liking it.

lol. No, i meant the statement he quoted is true and that is sad. Not the fact that it was better than his response.

SM

SM

Oh okay.

Attack away then. ;D

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Funny how you people like to attack each other just because of different interests, that's utterly shameful and childish.

I'm glad to see that this upcoming movie is being faithful to the 2001 Alien vs. Predator 2 game, Predator and Predator 2, with blue background for the thermal vision unlike the first Alien vs. Predator which is red.

Master

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 08:34:59 AM
Oh okay.

Attack away then. ;D

ALRIGHT PEOPLE, CHARGE!!! ;D

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 07:30:14 AM
For those of you coming in late:

Colin and Greg decided they needed to add something new purely for the sake of it. But they had to introduce the idea somehow that wouldn't be too ass. So they decided they could fix a problem with the new cycle. Except no problem existed. So they made a problem, and fixed it. Except the problem still doesn't exist and the idea is still a stinking pile of shit no matter how it's executed, even more so because it's being added just because they wanted to.

Did you read his posts?  He said it could be egg morphing, or implied it.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 07:43:12 AM
- Thermal vision is now blue just like in the game and the previous 2 Predator movies (someone mentioned this before)

Although the audio analyser thing doesn't have the black strip, for some reason, which must make it more difficult for the creature to read information from.

Bringing stuff back to the style of the old films, so far, seems to have been meant in more superficial ways than most had hoped for. The preview showed a certain atmospheric style which reminded me of the original films, but recent footage seems to depict a completely different one.

It's going to be really difficult to say, one way or the other, until we see it. Especially now that it's apparently got an entirely new look to it.

I actually had a weird dream about being in this film, last night. It took place at a shopping mall and all the Aliens came in and invaded it. Then came the Predaliens, except they were all different designs and could cloak. Instead of being incredibly scared of them, all I could think to myself was, "I thought the directors said they took out the part about them using Predator stuff." :)

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 08:16:22 AM
But this is Predalien, not a warrior alien.

Same thing, in this instance.

QuoteAlso, the reason they've added all this new stuff is because this is basically a prequel to those early ideas. Alien hasn't happened yet so from a story and continuity standpoint it gives them free reign to run with this new creature and its life cycle.

Wha...? So, We should all be retroactively blaming 'Alien' for not keeping in line with a film which came out decades after the fact? :)

Whether sequel or prequel, it still has to keep within the set rules laid down by the films made before it. It can use as much of that proverbial sandbox as it wants, but if it breaks it apart, then it doesn't fit there.

QuoteIn the original Salerno draft most of you don't know that the Predalien died on page 3 of that script. It was a regular drone alien that was doing all of these new methods of the reproduction system.

Can anyone verify this? All the other versions I've heard about have the thing featuring all the way through it.

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 09:09:02 AM
Except he was arguing pretty vehemently beforehand that it was something completely new that we'd never seen before. Not to mention he kept saying it was something exclusive to an alpha Alien turning to a Queen ... unless he thinks the original Alien was going to moult into a Queen, in which case f**k this movie.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 09:12:56 AM
Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 07:43:12 AM
- Thermal vision is now blue just like in the game and the previous 2 Predator movies (someone mentioned this before)

Although the audio analyser thing doesn't have the black strip, for some reason, which must make it more difficult for the creature to read information from.

Bringing stuff back to the style of the old films, so far, seems to have been meant in more superficial ways than most had hoped for. The preview showed a certain atmospheric style which reminded me of the original films, but recent footage seems to depict a completely different one.

It's going to be really difficult to say, one way or the other, until we see it. Especially now that it's apparently got an entirely new look to it.

I actually had a weird dream about being in this film, last night. It took place at a shopping mall and all the Aliens came in and invaded it. Then came the Predaliens, except they were all different designs and could cloak. Instead of being incredibly scared of them, all I could think to myself was, "I thought the directors said they took out the part about them using Predator stuff." :)

The video game didn't include the audio analyzer on the Predator's HUD and that's the only element that slightly unfaithful to the film I guess.

As far as the atmosphere is concerned, the jungle scene is really a reminiscence to the first Predator film which I am really thankful for.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for the movie and see for ourself but for now, the least we can do is to make speculations about the movie, who knows some of it may be correct once AVP: R is screening in the cinemas this Christmas.

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 09:17:32 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 09:09:02 AM
Except he was arguing pretty vehemently beforehand that it was something completely new that we'd never seen before. Not to mention he kept saying it was something exclusive to an alpha Alien turning to a Queen ... unless he thinks the original Alien was going to moult into a Queen, in which case f**k this movie.

Well I know he would say that we didn't see the original alien for long enough.  But Chet may have been born a queen so it could be useless to argue about.

SiL

Chet started looking Queenish immediately. The first Alien didn't. Add to this the Bros are very definite about the fact that it's a drone moulting.

I never liked the idea of only ignoring certain films, but at this point I'm really, really for the idea of just ignoring the AvP films altogether and leaving its bullshit to rot in its own bile.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 09:22:12 AM
Well I know he would say that we didn't see the original alien for long enough.  But Chet may have been born a queen so it could be useless to argue about.

Earlier confirmed it wasn't.

There was room, in the original, to say it might have been moulting, due to how it was behaving in the shuttle, but as said before, 'Alien 3' pretty much showed Queens are made, not changed into. If they could be transformed into, they wouldn't be made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed