Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 319,397 times)

Proteus

Proteus

Quote from: ace3g on Jul 07, 2021, 11:04:49 PM
Production still in progress

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCNvFHJYkC/

Not understanding the need to still be vague. "Working on something new." Is it perhaps the lawsuit preventing them from officially saying production for Skulls has started? Or, maybe, production has stopped and he literally is working on something new but with some of the same people. He's worked with Jeff Cutter many times along with Vought International (The Boys?)

He posted this on Twitter as well and someone seems to have posted a video of what looks like him going through a car chase scene with stunt coordinators. Maybe an old video for when he was doing Langdon? The Boys? Man, things have just been too quiet that it's making me nervous and paranoid. 🤣😭

ace3g

ace3g

I wonder what this is being used for during production?

https://www.instagram.com/stories/dd/2612691434297461572/

Another deductive reasoning hint that Dane DiLiegro is part of the cast; both him and Kyle Strauts posted IG stories in a vehicle driving out of heavy rain.

SiL

SiL

Generating 3D assets (textures, 3D models, etc). I'm guessing of cast (and creatures?) for digital stunt doubles, tracking, God knows what else in post production.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 07, 2021, 10:50:12 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 07, 2021, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 06, 2021, 07:53:49 PM
... if Kyle himself could be playing a female Predator.

https://i.imgur.com/TpAIU25.gif?noredirect

Oh man, clickbait articles would be practically writing themselves if that will turn out to be the case. I would expect lots of people not being OK with a MAN playing a FEMALE Predator

Well, it's a creature suit, so the only thing that matters is the physical capabilities of the actor. Given the supposed size and weight of the creatures, a male actor would be a logical choice.

Well, I'm not certainly gonna be the one to be bothered by it. But I'd imagine there're bunch of people who would get serious butt-hurt from it

Man. now I want this to happen just to see the reaction

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some people just like to watch the world burn. I'm sure there would be, but I wouldn't wanna see the reaction. Personally, they've all been female Predators in my head.

Kradan

Kradan

Are you calling me an agent of chaos ? I'm flattered  :D

I can't figure out where you coming from with whole "they've all been female" though

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 07, 2021, 10:50:12 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 07, 2021, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 06, 2021, 07:53:49 PM
... if Kyle himself could be playing a female Predator.

https://i.imgur.com/TpAIU25.gif?noredirect

Oh man, clickbait articles would be practically writing themselves if that will turn out to be the case. I would expect lots of people not being OK with a MAN playing a FEMALE Predator

Well, it's a creature suit, so the only thing that matters is the physical capabilities of the actor. Given the supposed size and weight of the creatures, a male actor would be a logical choice.

I would agree, even with a prosthetic added curvature to match a humanoid female.

But I do agree with Kradan that some people still would go bonkers over it. :-\

Quote from: Proteus on Jul 08, 2021, 12:42:13 AM

Not understanding the need to still be vague. "Working on something new." Is it perhaps the lawsuit preventing them from officially saying production for Skulls has started? Or, maybe, production has stopped and he literally is working on something new but with some of the same people. He's worked with Jeff Cutter many times along with Vought International (The Boys?)

He posted this on Twitter as well and someone seems to have posted a video of what looks like him going through a car chase scene with stunt coordinators. Maybe an old video for when he was doing Langdon? The Boys? Man, things have just been too quiet that it's making me nervous and paranoid. 🤣😭

It very well might be studio mandated that no one can make an official announcement until 20th Century and possibly Hulu announces it, which honestly might not even involve the lawsuit.

But I do think some are getting easily confused by this post. Danny wrote:

Quote"I'm currently sitting in the same position on a similar chair next to the same dude (@jeff cutter) on a new thing. Pic unearthed by @tysonbreuer"

What Danny is saying is this old picture unearthed by Tyson featuring Director Dan Trachtenberg and Cinematographer Jeff Cutter sitting together on an old film, is mirroring how they are sitting now while working on Skulls, aka the "new thing". We've already seen Jeff Cutter tag #Skullsmovie and post Predator cookies. They wouldn't have time in one month to sit together and be starting a whole new different movie with car chases. So it's all good.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 08, 2021, 08:51:32 AM
Are you calling me an agent of chaos ? I'm flattered  :D

I can't figure out where you coming from with whole "they've all been female" though

A lot of the comic books and novels in the past have portrayed the females as looking identical to the males.  My own headcanon, and several others' on the forum, is that a Predator or two in the movies have been female because of that lack of dimorphism in previous portrayals.

Quote from: Proteus on Jul 08, 2021, 12:42:13 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCNvFHJYkC/

I'd like to think that he's being more tight lipped because of the lawsuit, rather than him being coy for coy's sake.  The cat's out of the bag at this point, so I wouldn't understand the whole coyness angle if that was his game.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Without us getting into the forever unresolved Shakespearean debate.... Boobs or No Boobs, That is the Question! on the Predator, I'm still digging what Predator Hunting Grounds has given us in current canon. ;)

Kradan

Kradan

Yep, looks fine to me

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Doomofman

Doomofman

Yeah, that looks cool. It's immediately obvious that a) it's a predator and b) it's female. And it doesn't look like someone's creepy rule 34 fantasy

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 08, 2021, 04:48:30 PM
Without us getting into the forever unresolved Shakespearean debate.... Boobs or No Boobs, That is the Question! on the Predator, I'm still digging what Predator Hunting Grounds has given us in current canon. ;)

Boobs, we need Female Yautja and to see Yiatja Prime in more detail. This would make Skulls stand out, like a skull hanging on a removed spinal column. ;)

ace3g

ace3g

Hmm creature FX actor Dane DiLiegro "deductively" linked with film learning horseback riding.

Some more deductive reasoning breaking news:

I noticed that Dane was recently followed by actor Stormee Kipp.  In Kipp's recent IG post he has a video from his TikTok page that shows both Amber Midthunder and Skye Pelletier-Okimaw (who I have deductively linked with film previously) in the video.

Kipp's IG page: https://www.instagram.com/stormtrooper.2/

Kipp's TikTok page: https://www.tiktok.com/@stormeeleekipp?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed