Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 319,589 times)

SiL

SiL

Except for the elastic skin, they do.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

What I strongly disliked is the too human eyes. I get trying to change the eye color for a more heroic tone but its still too open like a Disney character that you can tell that's an obvious person underneath there with eye contacts. Compare this with JH, which has a more alien look than Scar's human looking eyes.

They say the eyes are the window into the soul, and I can see an alien menace behind JH while Scar is just an obvious dude with contact lenses.

SiL

SiL

Anderson had some dumb requests.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Anderson's Beauty and the Beast 

SiL

SiL

Basically.

Even the dreaded skin folds are only there to accommodate comically expanded mandibles, which start in AvP and just keep going. If they didn't have to stretch that much (and on multiple takes), the excess material wouldn't need to be there.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2021, 03:00:32 AM
Except for the elastic skin, they do.

That's plainly not true. Look at the bottom set in this case being below the chin instead of aligned with them because it's not going for that recognisable "X shape" it means it both looks more humanoid and less big square headed. In fact I'd say the entire head shape's more elegant and heroic than the film iteration.

SiL

SiL

Scar's mandibles are also shown below the chin when not looking up at him with his mandibles folded closed. Those shots aren't comparing like for like.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not really the same shape and you can see that with when the mouth's open and the connecting skin being straight instead of curved. And the fact on the film iteration the mandibles sit parallel to each other. Whereas on the figure they sit at diagonals.

SiL

SiL

The third and fourth show the mandibles below the chin. Skin elasticity I addressed.

I'd say the eyes are a more significant difference between the two, especially the brow. But we're comparing a static model to a dynamic mask.

As for positioning, Scar's mandibles are capable of the correct position and BTS shots show similar posing (especially static stunt masks).

His shape isn't really the problem, it's how he was animated.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Barely below though nowhere near what the figure actually depicts. And yes as I said the whole shape's more slender and elegant. More favourably proportioned basically.

SiL

SiL

They appear that low when they're lowered. Again, you're comparing dynamic vs static.

The head is more slender overall, which is the biggest difference. Not the mandibles.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's incorrect, look at the closed mouth Hot Toys figure, the teeth only come out of the gum around where the bottom of the chin starts.

https://youtu.be/LDejkHT0dxY

Nowhere do I see that even coming close to being the case with Scar on film, or him being capable of it, when he dies being the closest he gets.

SiL

SiL

And now you're comparing the final look with what it was capable of, which is why I specified BTS.

I really don't feel this is worth this much energy. Scar's got plenty of things to pick on, nobody's questioning that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I had a look:

https://youtu.be/M4pXjb3iRM4
https://youtu.be/1Q9V_1aXe2w
https://youtu.be/LWkE6EI4HEc

Still not the case in any of them I can see anyway, at best even hanging, it's nowhere near what's depicted on the figure.

SiL

SiL

Because, again, the figure is a static model and you're looking to try to match it from a more dynamic face seen from often radically different angles.

Also again, not really feeling this is worth the energy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed