Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 319,562 times)

ace3g

ace3g

IG post from crew member

QuoteI guess today's the 34th birthday of a little movie called Predator. Fast forward a bit and somehow I ended up working on one of 'em? 2021 hasn't been too bad I guess. Also I asked when I get to wear the crew shirt and everyone laughed at me. #noob #predator

and cast - Stefany

QuoteEnd of work day view.

#onlocation #actor #setlife🎥 #actorslife

__

These comments from the first IG post got my attention, maybe another visual effects company involved.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Awesome Ace! 👏

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I wouldn't be surprised if another company was involved since Fugitive's armor was outsourced. Probably something like that happening again with the leftover costume getting refitted.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 13, 2021, 01:18:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if another company was involved since Fugitive's armor was outsourced. Probably something like that happening again with the leftover costume getting refitted.

We're feeling rather solid that Steve Wang's Onyx Forge is involved with Skulls too. But from the Comanche & Predator apparel to the weaponry on both sides, to the Predator itself, we haven't determined officially where those responsibility dividing lines have been drawn.

SiL

SiL

The split in responsibilities last time was down to hiring quotas, wasn't it? So much percent had to be sourced in Canada?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm not certain of all the factors to be honest.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just don't let ADI near the face please.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

There was this interesting video by CorderyFX that provided articulate constructive criticism to the Predator's facial design and function, it'd be good if the input was provided to the effects team but NOT Thrusted upon, forced or demanded like a raging fan boy troll. We can politely provide feedback in a way we'd be taken seriously and rationally.

SiL

SiL

I think it's a bit naive to assume they're unaware of any of the feedback. You can lead a horse to your water of discontent, but you can't make it drink.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

@SiL

Touché, you'd think they apply the approach how Stan Winston's crew molded the Predator's mandibles and minimal articulation seeing as that movie hadn't the biggest budget and were pressed to get the movie made in short time. It'd be ideal they considered handling it so its presentable, functioned and looked good in the final film, but your right, we can offer feed back they may not necessary put it into use.

SiL

SiL

Plenty of fans who were introduced to the franchises through AvP would say Scar ticked all of those boxes. Many people think Wolf's face does the same.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

@ SiL

Been a bit mixed about how Scar's looked, came across as goofy, it was revealed by ADI to make him looked younger and more heroic so that gives context to his look being different.

Would you say Wolf's face was digitally augmented, because when I looked at clips from the film its hidden in shadow, has a smooth animated motion different from the set photo.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/avpr-bluray-0994.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/bc/c9/c7bcc9865772e65cd97e01aaf4a5e935.jpg

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Is there anything in Requiem that isn't hidden by shadow?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 14, 2021, 12:48:50 AM
Been a bit mixed about how Scar's looked, came across as goofy, it was revealed by ADI to make him looked younger and more heroic so that gives context to his look being different.
Anderson wanted a comic-booky, "handsome" Predator, hence things like not using the monstrous looking eye contact lenses, no slime, etc.

(I personally don't think he ticked all the boxes but I'm very, very aware of people who do)..

QuoteWould you say Wolf's face was digitally augmented, because when I looked at clips from the film its hidden in shadow, has a smooth animated motion different from the set photo.
In those shots the mouth's fully extended in one and closed in the other, which accounts for most of the changes. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bros augmented his face digitally but I don't know.

ace3g

ace3g

This is my big thing, if you want a comic book, "handsome predator, or any other type of look that is fine but when you don't get the mandibles right ....

Imagine if the mandibles on Scar looked like this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed