The Reptile Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 22, 2012, 08:37:08 PM

Author
The Reptile Thread (Read 44,567 times)

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Oct 05, 2013, 07:41:00 PM
What is the Lizard called what has a frill what opens and closes like on the Dilo off Jurassic Park ?
The frilled lizard? I recall that most are from Australia, if not all.

Spoiler
[close]

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Henrietta on Oct 05, 2013, 07:48:37 PM
Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Oct 05, 2013, 07:41:00 PM
What is the Lizard called what has a frill what opens and closes like on the Dilo off Jurassic Park ?
The frilled lizard? I recall that most are from Australia, if not all.

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks!

It runs on water just like the Jesus Christ Lizard ? or same thing ?

lol funny tbh.

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Oct 05, 2013, 07:58:39 PM
Thanks!

It runs on water just like the Jesus Christ Lizard ? or same thing ?

I don't think so. Though it does run on its hind legs, like in that...interesting GIF you've got there.  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Google exists.

Chlamydosaurus cannot run on water like Basiliscus. Not adapted to that.

Greedo

Greedo

Xenodog

Xenodog

I used to own a Frilled lizard.
Can garuntee they don't run on water, nor do they particularly like it!

Greedo

Greedo

Whats coolist thing about a Frilled Lizard ? I want to get one so bad :(

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Nov 08, 2013, 11:28:06 PM

Frilled lizards make some sweet pets and they are in the same family as the ever popular Bearded Dragon! Unfortunately frilleds are hard to come by and usually pretty pricey ($200-$400) at least here in the US. You may be able to find some slightly cheaper, but there's a good chance that they are wild caught aka animals taken directly from the wild. So you wanna make sure you get a captive breed one. From what I've heard... they can be a little jumpy at times (even if tame) and display, but its just a show.
every animal has its own personalty and temperament though.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Ostensibly the frill.
But as Sizzy said they are quite skittish, even tame ones like my old one. Have to be very slow when handling them, and having food - meal or waxworms - makes them more positive to being held / greeting owners.

But they're pretty endearing. Mine would paw at the window of his viv on starve days in an attempt to get my attention for food.  :laugh:

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Xenodog on Dec 27, 2013, 08:09:09 PM

Ostensibly the frill.
But as Sizzy said they are quite skittish, even tame ones like my old one. Have to be very slow when handling them, and having food - meal or waxworms - makes them more positive to being held / greeting owners.

But they're pretty endearing. Mine would paw at the window of his viv on starve days in an attempt to get my attention for food.  :laugh:

Yes. It seem like many pet agamids are attention whores  :laugh:

An adult common Indonesian frilled lizard needs a 3ft long by 3ft tall by 2ft wide cage AT LEAST. They also need artificial sunlight (UBV), good humidity, and lots of room to climb.
If you want something easier with not as strict requirements... I'd def recommend a breaded dragon. They pretty much become lap cats as they get older and a single one doesn't as large of a cage. They are much cheaper (from a good breeder they are about $30-$40 for a normal) and easier to find. Beardeds are also omnivores and can eat a lot of fruits and veggies that you can just pick up and the grocery store!

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Dec 27, 2013, 08:47:56 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Dec 27, 2013, 08:09:09 PM

Ostensibly the frill.

Yes. It seem like many pet agamids are attention whores  :laugh:

An adult common Indonesian frilled lizard needs a 3ft long by 3ft tall by 2ft wide cage AT LEAST. They also need artificial sunlight (UBV), good humidity, and lots of room to climb.
If you want something easier with not as strict requirements... I'd def recommend a breaded dragon. They pretty much become lap cats as they get older and a single one doesn't as large of a cage. They are much cheaper (from a good breeder they are about $30-$40 for a normal) and easier to find. Beardeds are also omnivores and can eat a lot of fruits and veggies that you can just pick up and the grocery store!

They're not as hard as you think. All you said is true, but with a viv so big climbing branches and UV lights are easy to set up and misting is easily done a few times a day. :)
But as you said yeah Beardeds are great. Them or Leopard geckos are perfect starters.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

QuoteThey're not as hard as you think. All you said is true, but with a viv so big climbing branches and UV lights are easy to set up and misting is easily done a few times a day. :)
But as you said yeah Beardeds are great. Them or Leopard geckos are perfect starters.

Oh no, I totally agree! Might be tough for a beginner though given more requirements... as more advanced owners kinda have a good feel for herp care. I don't like to label any animal as "easy" but some are just better to start out with... like bearded dragons, leopard geckos, cornsnakes, and schneiders skinks.

Greedo

Greedo

Nice! thanks guys, looks like I need a trip over to the US then and catch one :P

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: ディロフォサウルス on Dec 28, 2013, 10:25:26 PM
Nice! thanks guys, looks like I need a trip over to the US then and catch one :P

Most pet stores have them - which country are you in?

Greedo

Greedo

I am from the UK no wonder I cannot find one :( closest thing we have over here is a bearded dragon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed