NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 389,240 times)

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: redxavier on Mar 13, 2013, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: Mickey on Mar 13, 2013, 07:06:15 PM
NECA has said they only have the two Hicks figures planned, so if I were you I'd take the plunge and go for one of these ones.  These may wind up being in the $30+ range on Ebay later on.

Oh, in that case I'll have to pick up the helmeted 2-pack then, though I'll probably cave in well before August and get the other version! I could possibly sell the battle-damaged alien on.

Quote from: Mickey on Mar 13, 2013, 06:30:30 PM
Same here, really want that Hudson! Pretty sure series 2 includes an un-named marine, new mold Big Chap and the blue variant Xeno. Not sure who the marine will be, NECA said on Twitter no more Hicks variants, just the two, so possibly an Ultimate Badass Hudson or Frost maybe.

I'm genuinely excited by who the mystery third marine could be. I'm going to bet that it's Frost (as you suggest) and that he comes helmeted and with a flamethrower.

On another note, what is all this blue, black and brown stuff for the aliens? I've always considered them black in Alien and Aliens, am I missing something here? They might look blue in some scenes due to the general colour tone but then aren't they also tinged red due to the lighting in ops by that logic?

I'm hoping Frost comes with his flamethrower, pistol, ammo bag and helmet. I'm betting should we get him he'll have all of that.  Definatly excited to see who it is though.

Each alien had different highlights on the suit on the movie, to give it a different effect I guess.  There was brown, blue, red, green and others.  If you look at the pics of the figures you'll see there was an all black, a brown tinted and a blue tinted(Though the only one we've seen of him has his head getting blown to kingdom come.), which will be in the series 2. 

Predator Lord

Predator Lord

LOL the face on the Hudson action figure. They really nailed it!

LarsVader

LarsVader

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2013, 06:08:11 PM

Damn, that looks sweet.  Only I wish they'd put quotes on the side pannels like they have on other figures.  It'd be awesome to have Hudson's say 'Game over, man!' and Hicks say 'Stay Frosty' or 'It's game time!' on the side. Nothing to get fussed over though.

Predator Lord

Predator Lord

I love how scared he looked! They nailed it! Game over, man. Game over!

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Predator Lord on Mar 15, 2013, 06:25:37 PM
I love how scared he looked! They nailed it! Game over, man. Game over!

They did do an excellent job. One of, if not the best likenesses I've seen on a 7 inch figure.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 15, 2013, 06:08:11 PM

Maybe it´s my notebook LCD screen or graphic card configuration but somebody noted that when you scroll down the first picture, the large one, there´s a visual effect as you´re watching the marines video camera? 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Byohzrd on Mar 14, 2013, 05:26:27 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Mar 14, 2013, 02:44:40 AM
The funny thing is that according to the Aliens Genocide novelization, humans aren't even supposed to be able to tell the difference between the normal and the red strain of Xenomorph; only the Aliens themselves can.
in the comic however its explicitly stated the differences between the two.
To be fair in the lettercol for the comic the editor points out that the visual difference between the Aliens is for the reader's benefit, and that the characters themselves can't actually tell them apart and that the Aliens aren't literally bright red. The novelization version of Genocide makes that a lot clearer.

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

can't wait to see some pictures of the queen.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Like this?

Shadow

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Ruadh on Mar 17, 2013, 03:45:59 PM
Like this?

Isn't that image back from 2010?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I heard the plan is to put this thing out under the 50$ price....

Hnngggggghhhh!!! :P

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 17, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

I'm not buying that.  This thing will at least be $80 bucks. It's the size of the 1/4 scale Preds, if not bigger.  Plus, they're charging $70 for the trophy wall with only one trophy.  My guess is this will be around $100.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: Mickey on Mar 17, 2013, 06:09:39 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 17, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

I'm not buying that.  This thing will at least be $80 bucks. It's the size of the 1/4 scale Preds, if not bigger.  Plus, they're charging $70 for the trophy wall with only one trophy.  My guess is this will be around $100.

$70 dollars is probably their online price for the Trophy Case. I'm seen online prices get bumped up higher then retail store prices. The store I work at has the Trophy Case listed as 52.00 in are inventory. I doubt it will be under $50 or over $100. i agree it will probably be close on par with the 1/4 Predator in the high $70 to $80.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed