Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 68,112 times)

Local Trouble

A good editor makes all the difference.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2019, 10:30:21 PM
You can't not have deadlines.

Set yourself free brother!

Samhain13

Frosty Venom

Who wants to bet the cover art will be re-used promotional art for the game?

I wouldn't be so mad but I would rather some original work.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The series have a bad history in regards to covers. They already used the mcfarlane action figures for that, altered photos from avp movies and their bad creatures design, promotional art for ACM, reused the AVPR alien and Wolf on covers enough times to give me ptsd. Oh my.

Corporal Hicks

As much as I will defend Titan's novels, I have to say, reusing Isolation's promo artwork would probably make it the best of the covers so far.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it's a real shame they don't bother with original cover art. Just look at the old Bantam or DH Press novels and they're so much more attractive. They've got covers that actually make you want to pick them up.

Perfect-Organism

I agree.  I used to love picking up old Star Trek NG novels a few decades ago because of the beautifully illustrated covers.  Don't underestimate the value of the artwork.  It means a lot.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2019, 09:05:12 AM
As much as I will defend Titan's novels, I have to say, reusing Isolation's promo artwork would probably make it the best of the covers so far.

You're not wrong.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 12, 2019, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2019, 09:05:12 AM

You're not wrong.

I predict that "You're not wrong" will be the phrase of the year.  The ultimate back-handed compliment.   :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

You're not wrong.

HuDaFuK

426Buddy

I really really really hate whats happened to the cover art for these novels. I wish they would go back to original art like they did with the bantam novels.

Frosty Venom

Perfect-Organism

I think its cute how the Terminator's toes curl up as he lifts a guy in a very mean way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed