Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 14, 2012, 10:33:29 AM

Author
Official ALIEN Literature 2012 Reissues List (UPDATED w/ New Details!) (Read 57,633 times)

Cvalda

Preorder for the paperback version of The Illustrated Story has gone up on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Illustrated-Story-Archie-Goodwin/dp/1781161291/

SM

Book Of Alien is a bit dated now in that the info in it has been repeated ad nauseum over the last 30+ years, but the others would be worth picking up.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2012, 03:03:59 AM
Book Of Alien is a bit dated now in that the info in it has been repeated ad nauseum over the last 30+ years, but the others would be worth picking up.
I'd say it's still an essential purchase for any ALIEN fan that doesn't have it already. All the concept art, behind the scenes photos, etc.

Amazon has just released the cover art for the paperback reissue of ALIEN: The Illustrated Story!

The cover art for the reissue of Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual has also been released:

Xenomrph

I like how they used an image from 'AvP' in the background of the new Technical Manual. :P

predxeno

That's interesting, they changed the covers.  Should I hold onto my old manual or buy the new one?

Xenomrph

Depends on how much you care about the new cover, I guess. We don't know if any of the content is changed in the new one.

Sexy Poot

Awesome. Gotta pick these up. Great idea for a thread too. Keeps everything collected and updated. Thanks.

SM

I'd say it's still an essential purchase for any ALIEN fan that doesn't have it already. All the concept art, behind the scenes photos, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd tend to agree but the photos and art are all available on DVD and Blu-Ray too.

And that new CMTM cover is crap.

LarsVader

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2012, 01:11:34 AM
I like how they used an image from 'AvP' in the background of the new Technical Manual. :P

Yeah, nice unqualified touch.
This image creeps up everywhere like cancer, just because it turns up in high-resolution on google.
And maybe gives us a clue on what Fox's press files look like at the moment.

And I am not that shure how much the family truck represents the Colonial Marine-technology either.  :P

Xenomrph

When I was saying "like", I was being sarcastic. The original cover is a lot better, even if the new one is in a similar "style".

LarsVader

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2012, 10:30:56 AM
When I was saying "like", I was being sarcastic. The original cover is a lot better, even if the new one is in a similar "style".
I noticed, this wasn't against your comment, it was just against the new cover.
I was beeing cynical, sorry.

Don't judge a book by its cover.  :P

predxeno

predxeno

I'm wondering if I should also get the reissued Alien The Illustrated Story even though I already have a copy of the old one. :-\

EDIT: Damn, the Trade In value at amazon for the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual decreased again to $30.99.

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 18, 2012, 06:33:57 PM
I'm wondering if I should also get the reissued Alien The Illustrated Story even though I already have a copy of the old one. :-\
I'll do a review and comparison of it when my copy comes in and let everyone know if it's worth it. At any rate, it damn well better be, as I already sold my first edition copy last week in anticipation for this "remastered" reissue. :P

predxeno

I could also sell my Technical Manual on ebay for $32 or so, and since all my competitors are selling it for $50 at least, I'm sure I can get a sale before the new version comes out.  However, I'm still thinking on whether or not I should do it; the two books will pretty much be the same thing, right?  Only the newer edition will be "better".

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 18, 2012, 08:23:07 PM
I could also sell my Technical Manual on ebay for $32 or so, and since all my competitors are selling it for $50 at least, I'm sure I can get a sale before the new version comes out.  However, I'm still thinking on whether or not I should do it; the two books will pretty much be the same thing, right?  Only the newer edition will be "better".
Well, it'll certainly be "newer" :P I don't expect the technical manual to change much at all. It wouldn't really warrant the same treatment that the Illustrated Story is apparently getting. May as well hold on to the one you have now, unless the new cover really tickles your fancy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed