Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,882 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 07, 2021, 06:31:06 PM
While I do enjoy the lab breakout scene, it is actually there that the predator look the most like a guy in a suit.

You really had to say that, didn't you ? Just to give Voodoo that satisfaction  :D

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 07, 2021, 08:18:46 PM
This page is filling with heresy.

Yep. Heresy of people saying that AVPR is better than The Predator

Huggs

Huggs

"Is that fear I hear in your voice colonel?"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

"Are you looking at AvPR, The Predator, or the clock?"

"I'm looking at AvPR, then the clock, then The Predator..  but only with beer goggles."

;D

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 07, 2021, 08:27:23 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 07, 2021, 06:31:06 PM
While I do enjoy the lab breakout scene, it is actually there that the predator look the most like a guy in a suit.

You really had to say that, didn't you ? Just to give Voodoo that satisfaction  :D

Oh my man BDJ knows what's up with ADI Predators so far!  :) But alas, I think that has as much to do with the performance as the suit itself. When The Fugitive is fighting The Upgrade too, it's all a constant reminder to me how truly great Kevin Peter Hall was as a performer. Predator severely misses him.  :-[

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah as much as I want it, I doubt we'll see someone as gracious as KPH in the suit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But... but... Brian A Prince ruled?

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Sent back here after the little talk on the Skulls section:

AVPR over The Predator on the virtue of not even entertaining the idea of Predators hunting autistic kids to make them "stronger". Weaponized autism was supposed to be a meme forged from the darkest depths of 4chan, not something to be taken seriously but Shane Black and his buddy somehow did. It could have been a "so bad its good" film if it weren't for that end goal.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 07, 2021, 11:27:19 PM
Yeah as much as I want it, I doubt we'll see someone as gracious as KPH in the suit.

Wonder what he would have thought of the iconic alien he portrayed is now hunting for that sweet sweet autism.

SM

SM

I think their hearts were in the right place - or at least they thought their hearts were in the right place - with trying to reduce the "stigma" on autism.

But it was just so shoddily handled in every respect.

It sounds as if any heat it might have copped for that though was well and truly topped by Music.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2021, 12:43:23 PM
Before that lab sequence is genuinely good stuff? Say it isn't so brother Hicks!

I didn't say every single scene. And yeah, I f**king love Sterling K. Brown, but plot-wise I think it goes completely off-the-rails after the lab breakout scene.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 08, 2021, 12:24:05 AM

I think he mostly did great with what he was given in this movie, but I do think it's still below KPH's performances.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 08, 2021, 09:54:23 AM

I think he mostly did great with what he was given in this movie, but I do think it's still below KPH's performances.

Personally, I'd put Ian Whyte over Prince too.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

As the Engineer yes... As Predators? So exaggerated in the movements honestly.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 08, 2021, 02:02:26 PM
As the Engineer yes... As Predators? So exaggerated in the movements honestly.

I should have been more specific. I meant Ian Whyte's performance as Wolf.

As Wolf, you still felt there was over exaggeration?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh definitely, especially the hands and head turns, can't help himself lol.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 08, 2021, 02:50:20 PM
Oh definitely, especially the hands and head turns, can't help himself lol.

Hmm. Interesting. I just watched AvPR again last week and I didn't get that vibe. I'll pay closer attention next time and see if I can pick up on what you're feeling.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 08, 2021, 01:52:51 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 08, 2021, 09:54:23 AM

Personally, I'd put Ian Whyte over Prince too.

As Wolf I can see why. But to be fair, Wolf had more screen time than Fugitive, so there's less performance to analyze for the latter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed