Biomechanical Theory (Possibles spoilers)

Started by Lostsoul, May 02, 2012, 02:57:09 PM

Author
Biomechanical Theory (Possibles spoilers) (Read 1,513 times)

Lostsoul

Hi to my favorite Prometheus forum, this is my 1st post here. Accept my apologizes for my poor English, it's not my native language.

It's been a long time that I'm reading with passion these forums because I'm huge fan of Alien (the 1st mainly) expecting A LOT on Prometheus.
A lot of subjects and theories have been exposed about this movie and I've also made some search about this "new" (?) one without success so far.
I hope to not "steal" anyone idea with it or create  duplicate thread (?)

Ok here is the idea.
(With spoiler tags just in case)

Spoiler

It's not biomechanical

Since the very first pics were released and even today with the last materials something chock me.
And I'm think I'm may not be the only one.

Where is that 100% Biomechanical?
I mean the Giger's real one where it's hard to figure out where start the metallic stuff vs biologic/organic.

The Space Jockey room have cutting edges entrance.
The walls are mechanical/metallic not Biomechanical.

The Space Jockey himself is far away from being "melted" on his chair like the one we know.
And I don't think that several years would change something on the new metallic like version.

The Juggernaut is not "plan curved in extremities" (landed and in fly) like the Derelict which is supposed to be landed and not crashed (deformed).

Sure there is some "Half in between" in Prometheus like the bald guy clothes.
Showing that the engineers certainly master the biomechanical technology in a certain way? (And that could be an hint. I'll give my viewpoint on this.)

Sure?

Why Ridley who want to explore with this film some main questions left about the 1st Alien's Space Jockey would left the Giger's 100% Biomechanical approach?

Why Ridley which have some kind of Giger friend license and even worked with it for this movie, didn't give us straight 100% Biomechanical origins of the Space Jockey universe from the beginning?

That "element" that all Alien fans are expecting for and dying for?
One of the main thing that made the success of the "Alien being so alien".

More than that, in a recent interview production designer Arthur Max says he had a clear direction from Scott:
"Ridley said, 'I don't want it to be too Giger-y, but I don't want to give it all up either."
Further he add:
"We decided to make it less biological, in terms of the styling of the alien planet, and more mechanical."

Why?

I think that this 100% deliberate choice is crucial for the future story to be told.
Possibly the main key element if your prefer.

The birth and rise of 100% Giger's Biomechanical uncontrolled nightmare.

My take on this:

Engineers ultimate technology could be the biomechanical process. Used in a controlled "close and personal" use only:
Make instantly mechanical artificial implants more biological to extend their life and strengthen their aging body.
Wearing underwear clothes that could be more "natural" and resistant that our cotton or leather.
Adding some mechanical/technology advantages in it.

To extend their territories they terraform planets.
Using local DNA species that they collect and from other places, manipulated to be the more effective possible. Living creatures are better than robots.
They reproduce, adapt and evolve.
(Ridley may not be precise about us Humans in this process. We could have been the perfect tool on earth "by nature" since the beginning which could be somehow worse)

Biomechanical process technology is never used in theses "conquests" as it 's their ultimate knowledge that made them God's like and immortal.

Maybe only one of the Engineers which may like to play the God among Gods is the only one to master the "Biomechanical process technology".
(Somehow Like Peter Weyland have power on earth with his company?)

This "Unique God" like to get offerings from the others. (sub engineer gods or slaves evolved species)
Like a "Zardoz" head in a church ready to receive urns offers of another planets, baby species in their most basic/simple expression. (Would explain the different sizes of the urns)

Maybe one of the "sub god" wanted revenge and made a poisoned offering "urn".
With a salt of "Biomechanical process technology" unleashed / uncontrolled mode.
Or that planet was a deadly one, with a biological specie that grow really fast and was hard to control.

Anyway there could be an only one engineer survivor.
(Parallel with Ripley, the only one survivor in his sarcophagus?)

David may have experienced personal human feelings all the way trough this long trip awake, exploring human dreams while they where on cryogenic state.
He may want to be more biological somehow more human.
It have been theorized here that his main mission is to save his dying "father" Peter Weyland.
Which may have a lot of mechanical implants to survive.

David may discover and steal the basic secret of biomechanical technology to use it on his "father" and in secret on himself.
But on himself he may have to cross the line of his basic knowledge of this technology.
And create some kind of "biomechanical virus mutator".

It could start to affect the remaining of Prometheus crew, the "squid" creature and the Juggernaut himself.
It could spread through the temple and the urns, unleashing some unknown results on the "babies" creatures inside.

Now that would be insane and sick as hell I think. ;D
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed