Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 407,506 times)

razeak

I'm still waiting on the July  order. Getting impatient...again lol.

[cancerblack]

You're in the US right? Always seems to take longest to get there.

razeak

Yes. I crave the dropship so badly lol. The problem is even when I get it, its not really for me. It's for my 11 year old for Christmas. He is as big an Alien fan as the rest of us (He prefers Predator so I'll probably put him up for adoption lol).

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Sep 06, 2019, 02:20:30 PM
Yes. I crave the dropship so badly lol. The problem is even when I get it, its not really for me. It's for my 11 year old for Christmas. He is as big an Alien fan as the rest of us (He prefers Predator so I'll probably put him up for adoption lol).

Well he sounds pretty terrific to me, so I'll adopt him!  ;D

[cancerblack]

I hate to mention, but it's not really suited for a kid (unless you do all the construction for him). It's an incredibly challenging kit to assemble even for skilled hobbyists.

Sgt Scream

So, finally, like two months later I got confirmation that Prodos has shipped the last of my orders. Happy day.  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sgt Scream on Sep 07, 2019, 05:30:33 AM
So, finally, like two months later I got confirmation that Prodos has shipped the last of my orders. Happy day.  ;D

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

The Old One

The Old One

And also your stuff!

razeak

razeak

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 06, 2019, 07:07:23 PM

I hate to mention, but it's not really suited for a kid (unless you do all the construction for him). It's an incredibly challenging kit to assemble even for skilled hobbyists.

I agree. I'm a rookie myself. He's extremely patient and careful with stuff like this, and it will likely sit on the shelf in his room for a while. He's a collector at heart, and he likes the miniatures game.Either way, I'm fine with whatever happens to it. I knew that when I bought it.  In the meantime I'm working on getting my skill level up. I'm sure I'll be the one putting it together whenever we get to that point.

Did you ever put one together? Any pro tips?  Or do you have any suggestions for kits from other licenses to try first that are would be good practice for one?  I guess if I was confident enough, it would be pretty awesome for him to wake up to a completed and painted drop ship.

Off topic, but he's constantly trying to get me to track down an original Aliens arcade cabinet.

[cancerblack]

I haven't built mine yet, but from watching the adventures of other people building theirs, you'll likely need to do a lot of heat bending, and a YUGE amount of sanding, pinning, and gap filling (followed by more sanding). It's closer to assembling a stone statue than a plastic model, from what i've seen.

Personally i plan on getting a very solid acrylic rod to mount mine on too (i'll have to drill a bore for it ofc), since i don't trust the landing struts to support the weight long term AT ALL.

razeak

Haha you first.

razeak

It shipped. Now the wait begins...again.

razeak

I got my order. I got a set of cards with it. No other freebies. Nothing appears broke. I haven't opened y APC or dropship yet.

[cancerblack]

I've mostly been working on some Warhammer stuff in my painting time lately, but here's a bit of the AvP I've been tinkering with. A couple might be pics I already posted here tbh but I'm just dumping the lot:

They need a bit more modelling work, but these are the start of some corrupted Bio-weapons Division scientists who have started the path to Giger Monstrosity but aren't all the way there yet:

Dutch, who I'm painting in WY colours:

Starting to zazz up some of the female Engineers. A ton of work still to go:

Breach tokens and some less flimsy doors:

Some of the terrain I'm putting together for Unleashed:

Some close ups of a few units:

And some (unfortunately poorly lit in the first one) pics of my full Alien forces for THB:

The Kurgan

f**king awesome stuff here.

I love the greenish color scheme on the royal guard\warriors especially. Nice variant to the usual blue\brown ones.

What are the engineers based on? Something officially engineer or is it something else?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed