Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,090 times)

Wrist Blades

I've spammed this thing everywhere I've posted. I really hope we get to decide if there's a timer for Predator at all.

nubi

nubi

No, the time limit is needed to stop the pred from getting 1 kill then hiding somewhare on the map that humans cant get to and waiting for time to run out like what people did in avp2, hunt is boring as it is without camping preds

Suicide767

Suicide767

I get the feeling that [REB] Trigger cant see these, nor can any rebellion member, so chances are the list of mechanics needing to be changed, will never be changed as rebwellion cannot see what we write  :'(

Sui

kaljo

kaljo

The fact that you have to "hurry" to get a kill. Makes me sick..

richer

richer

The time limit is a necessary evil, without it you'd get preds camping for says.

Some_Guy

I voted no because of reasons already posted (well, one reason actuallly), it'd be too easy to SC or Disc or whatever somebody and just hide, maybe give the Pred a bit more initial Hunt time to get his weapons, a much bigger problem (i don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem, haven't really been following these boards) is the bull**** trick in which the game just stops rewarding you more time when you've killed enough people during one life. Seriously, there's been lots of occasions where i've dominated the game and been getting kills left and right but suddenly the game stops giving me more time, i've tried all the ranged weapons and TK'ing somebody during these "we ain't gonna give you more time" moments but nothing works so there's definetely no "honor system", either the game glitches or punishes you for being too good, this bugs me the most in Pred Hunt along with the fact that you have to retrieve your weapons in a short period of time while being chased by marines, while most of the time i succeed in my weapon hunt it's still bit of a drag that you first need to get the weapon(s) to properly begin your hunt.

Private Hudson

I'd say keep it, but add an extra 2 minutes or so. The default 2 mins are crazy if you actually want to play as a Predator and not a Japanese suicide bomber....

Inglorious

Inglorious

As of now, the game is imbalanced. But there's a few easy ways to fix it:

Smartgun Nerf : Smartgun can no longer see an enemy who is standing still, and cannot see through walls. Another way to fix it, would be to give the admin the ability to disable Smartgun.

Predator Counter Hit : If a counter hit is initiated on the Predator after blocking his quick attack, it does not knock him down, same as if the Alien Pounces him. Just give us a knock down on counter hit and Alien Pounce.

Spear : The most useless weapon. Two ways to make it useful and something preferable. Easy way: Spear doesn't decloak when thrown, but when thrown movement is registered on Motion Tracker. Difficult to code but infinitely more rewarding way: The Spear adds additional Melee damage (NOT additional range) between 10-15% increase. Additionally; if a Predator armed with Spear does a focus attack, it will be an instant kill unless the enemy blocks it or of course kills the predator before landing. Think of the cinematic possibilities it would have to focus attack, and spear a dude, but you can't pull off another focus attack right away, you would have the ability to throw it though.

Steve C

Steve C

^^ I disagree that the spear is useless.  I get more kills with that than with anything else.  It just takes some finesse.

Happy Alien

Quote from: Steve C on Mar 02, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
^^ I disagree that the spear is useless.  I get more kills with that than with anything else.  It just takes some finesse.
I second this, it's a great weapon if you know how to use it.

Valheru

Valheru

Ah yeah....I wouldn't change the spear one bit except to maybe replace the wrist blades as the melee weapon when equipped...still have your standard light / heavy / block / counter system but just use spear animations instead...just diversifies the cinematics and immerses you even more into the predator's character.  ;D

Cheers!

Valheru

AintGotTimeToBleed

AintGotTimeToBleed

I'm not big on the technological side of video games, but earlier I was wondering what they can really patch and what will have to wait until AVP4. I say this because I notice people all over the site want many things about the MP patched up, such as the disc and wait times, etc....

What can really be fixed by Rebellion in an update is basically what I'm wondering.

Dusk

Dusk

And for people complaining about the reach of the combi-stick, when you look at the screenshots, you'll notice that our wristblades are almost swords anyway. And you could always adjust damage output and attack speed, to make the combi-stick not an overpowered melee weapon compared to the wristblades. Especially with the combi-stick being a piercing weapon that you can also use to slam, instead of cut and slice.

nubi

nubi

i think they can patch quite alot on the PC side, not so sure about consoles, i think your more likley to see an expansion pack rather than a avp4

HutzDani

HutzDani

they need to patch loads of stuff, like the loosing your rank bug i mean honistly its the reason people play avp to get the new skins and have a laugth.

- Dedicated servers should be able to play ranked matches.
- Fix the DX10 / 11 loading crashes
- Some balance issue for the disc
- fix some problems with auto transition, where you cant allways walk on surfaces ( E.g the highest roof in gateway above where the combi stick can be found )

- fix graphical glitches on maps Ruins / Gateway

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed