Action
0 (0%)
Both
3 (15.8%)
Depends on the Situation
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author
Should Xenomorph cults be more horror or action focus (Read 1,950 times)

Thatguy2068

Over the years we have a different xeno cult like the from Bugmen cult to the Darwin Era cult. Each of them bringing something new to the table but I wonder are they better if they are more horror focus or action. Each side could bring out a lot of potential to the idea.

[cancerblack]

Why can't I vote for pure horror?

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 07, 2023, 10:50:52 PMWhy can't I vote for pure horror?
I accidentally put the option of horror in the question, my bad it fix now

The Cruentus

A story about an Alien cult can be scary if done right. Cults have that fanaticsm that makes them just as dangerous if not more so than an Alien. A few books have it where a cult is responsible for major infestations and in one case, the complete death of an entire colony.

Xenomrph

TULITUUUUUUUUU

SM

Any cult should focus on the person leading it.  Whatever they're using to control people is generally peripheral. An Alien in these instances would just be a proxy for God.

The Cruentus

True, the human antagonist needs to be well done and given the right amount of focus without taking away from the Aliens.

SM

They're always conmen.

The Cruentus

I think some have been true believers though, the one that ended up destroying that colony for example. And the one that caused the infestation on earth seemed to beleive his own bs to the point of willingly allowing himself to be implanted by a facehugger. Though he did have seconds thoughts just before it happened lol

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 21, 2023, 10:43:35 AMI think some have been true believers though, the one that ended up destroying that colony for example. And the one that caused the infestation on earth seemed to beleive his own bs to the point of willingly allowing himself to be implanted by a facehugger. Though he did have seconds thoughts just before it happened lol

I like that, shows that the leader is just as insane or even more as his followers

The Cruentus

Madness is something you really can't deal with on a rationale level, at least not fully as it is basically a force. Regardless of whether or not one likes the comics, they did show how dangerous Alien cults could be. People tend to focus on the obvious threat of the alien monsters, and not the threats that are amongst them.

Hmm I might be wrong, but I think AVP:E is the only Alien game to feature Xenomorph cults.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 27, 2023, 06:16:57 PMMadness is something you really can't deal with on a rationale level, at least not fully as it is basically a force. Regardless of whether or not one likes the comics, they did show how dangerous Alien cults could be. People tend to focus on the obvious threat of the alien monsters, and not the threats that are amongst them.

Hmm I might be wrong, but I think AVP:E is the only Alien game to feature Xenomorph cults.
There were Xeno Cult in AvP extinction?

The Cruentus

Yeah, in the later levels of the Alien campaign, I think its the one where you are fighting the k series.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 27, 2023, 07:30:11 PMYeah, in the later levels of the Alien campaign, I think its the one where you are fighting the k series.
Oh I didn't know that. And also have you played Alien Dark Dissent because they have Alien cult there as well

The Cruentus

Not yet, I might get it when its on sale or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed