Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,162 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 11, 2012, 03:28:27 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:27:39 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 09, 2012, 12:56:20 AM
I never had a problem with the big f**king switch that Kojima did in MGS 2. Everything about the game was just as good. Sure, people hated it, but the fact that these same people no doubt loved the f**king game, and continued to play it is proof that something as switching the main character without warning is not going to stop the awesome.

My biggest problem with it wasn't Raiden. It was the supremely convoluted story that became too overblown for its own good. Seriously, what was Kojima thinking with that thing?

After MGS3, it all makes perfect sense. No lie.

I played MGS 3 and still didn't understand the story in the second. The A.I., S3, Arsenal Gear, wtf...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:50:26 AM
I never had a problem with the big f**king switch that Kojima did in MGS 2. Everything about the game was just as good. Sure, people hated it, but the fact that these same people no doubt loved the f**king game, and continued to play it is proof that something as switching the main character without warning is not going to stop the awesome.

My biggest problem with it wasn't Raiden. It was the supremely convoluted story that became too overblown for its own good. Seriously, what was Kojima thinking with that thing?

I played MGS 3 and still didn't understand the story in the second. The A.I., S3, Arsenal Gear, wtf...

Replay them games a million times!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah sure. After Borderlands 2...and Black Ops II...and Halo 4...

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dark Souls

Good god this game is hard. Dragon one hit killed me like an asshole.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 11, 2012, 03:52:17 AM

I have and I agree, alot, and I mean alot, of stuff from MGS2 still never got resolved or it just got brushed under the carpet. If there's anything you don't understand from MGS2, just play MGS4 and be told it was "nanomachines" haha.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Halo multiplayer with a group of friends.  ;D

Nope

Nope

Just finished mgs2, what a game. So many revelations, so great.
On to MGS3!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Fall of Cybertron multiplayer. Playing as a Dinosaur is awesome. And really hypes me for Primal Carnage, in a way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Sep 11, 2012, 03:06:44 PM

I have and I agree, alot, and I mean alot, of stuff from MGS2 still never got resolved or it just got brushed under the carpet. If there's anything you don't understand from MGS2, just play MGS4 and be told it was "nanomachines" haha.

MGS 4 made far more sense and was easier to follow than MGS 2. Both had fantastical stories but MGS 2 went off in a direction that I'm not sure Kojima fully understood himself.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Done Crysis on delta, actually got easier as I got towards the end rather than harder.
Might go back to Skyrim, still have to finish dawnguard.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

The walking dead... Why do all my favorite characters die?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 12, 2012, 04:35:47 AM
The walking dead... Why do all my favorite characters die?
Fun fact: all chars who died were meant to die. Your choices doesn't matter. Every single death in WD is inevitable. I realized that after I finished ep 3. Another devs lying about story changing choices. Very sad really :/

Terx2

Terx2

GTAIV. Let the carnage begin... :laugh:

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 12, 2012, 02:21:59 AM
Quote from: Keg on Sep 11, 2012, 03:06:44 PM

MGS 4 made far more sense and was easier to follow than MGS 2. Both had fantastical stories but MGS 2 went off in a direction that I'm not sure Kojima fully understood himself.

Agreed. And that's the point I was making about MGS4. MGS4 was essentially the game that would answer the questions from MGS2 and alot of them were either not touched upon at all or they were just explained away poorly in a single sentence. MGS4's story was great and like MGS and MGS3 was still easy to follow despite all the crazy retcons and twists. But some of the weird shit that Kojima threw into MGS2 he didnt even answer them properly himself in MGS4 probably because as you said he didnt really know what he was trying to do himself. I love MGS2 though (there isnt a MGS game I dont, other than Portable Ops) and I love the feeling of isolation. The whole game is contained in one area at a time, making you feel like youre the last hope, first on the tanker and then on the big shell. If you don't succeed nobody will.

severen76

severen76

Battlefield 3.

That's the only thing I play at the minute.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed