The Alien Vs. Predator Games Are WAY Better Than The Movies

Started by OpenMaw, Oct 02, 2022, 05:28:07 PM

Author
The Alien Vs. Predator Games Are WAY Better Than The Movies (Read 8,496 times)

littlesprout

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 10, 2023, 09:57:10 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 10, 2023, 11:20:25 AMAvP 2010 was very cinematic as well, although lacking in some other areas to be the best AvP game.

2010 was mid as f**k, but honestly it still looks pretty great today.

I couldn't disagree more. My only complaint was the short campaign and glitchy multiplayer. I remember unlocking all the Aliens and Predators multiple times and then it would reset.

Other than that, playing as the Predator was badass and the alien was lethal. Marine was fun too once you got the hang of it.

BlueMarsalis79

It is the definition of mid.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I see you weren't very good at the multiplayer.

BlueMarsalis79

You mean the takedown conga line? Not very difficult to excel in taking advantage of that. The influence of the AVP films especially brings it into the bland, it is not offensive, just not really of much note.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 16, 2023, 01:32:00 AMI see you weren't very good at the multiplayer.

I don't give a f**k about multiplayer, I wanted a good campaign and didn't get it.

Thatguy2068

Did anyone hear any news of a upcoming AvP game that I haven't heard of.

xenotaris

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 17, 2023, 01:31:08 AMYeah I just didn't like the art design, character animations, or the Lithtech engine. At the time the game was a system hog when other games looked better and ran smoother. My family only had a mid range PC so the game did not run smoothly for me. Also the game was heavily scripted which hurt replayability.  I was definitely in the minority in my opinion and many people loved it.  I had dial up internet too so the MP barely playable.

Like I said though, I have returned to it several times over the years and gained a real appreciation for it. I was overly hard on it when it was released. Having an actual story is a big plus though.

Also while the facehugger/buster portion was pretty cool, at the time I thought it was a bit gimmicky game play wise.

I love the first game but yeah the super speed running around is ridiculous.

Whoops I didn't mean to take so long to send a reply. Ah, I can see that. Well I played AVP 2 MP via LAN so I didn't have any of those issues

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed