Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,700 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Is it safe to say that the budget will be smaller this time around?

Prometheus did well but it wasnt a HUGE success...

Nightmare Asylum

It still outdid its budget, though. And sequels tend to be more popular (especially if this winds up being a success on DVD/Blu Ray).

I can't see the future, but I'm expecting the budget to be about the same.

Truise

Truise

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 01, 2012, 06:49:24 PM
Is it safe to say that the budget will be smaller this time around?

Prometheus did well but it wasnt a HUGE success...

I actually hope for something like that if it translates in more focus into the script as opposed to the special effects \o/

Nightmare Asylum

I definitely want to see a tighter script this time around (and, perhaps moreso, tighter editing), but given where the story seems to be headed, big sets seem like a given again. And I'm very excited to see what visuals Scott is cooking up this time around.

Keyes

Keyes

Great news! More Noomi and Fassbender = ;D

I assume they'll go to the planet of the Engineers, though I expect more human characters to be added. Maybe a rescue ship is sent out to follow the trail of the Prometheus, perhaps a military eliment?

I'd like to see more of younger Weyland... maybe he comes back as an android?

TheLoon

TheLoon

The sequel needs to begin with us finding out Weyland had a second team following him to LV-223 to pick up his escape module, the new team sets down and discovers the dead engineer and the dead big face hugger and no survivors, then we have a nice classic alien sequence with the deacon attacking this new crew...after they kill the deacon (first 3rd of the movie) they go and explore the caves, they discover a message Shaw left, that lets them know where she was heading, so then they take off after her...we don't see Shaw until at least halfway through the film...then we follow Shaw and David as they reach the Engineer homeworld...they set down...(pro writer fills in this part) but the basic idea is Shaw discovers something entirely unforeseen about the Engineers...maybe she discovers they are breeding Xenos or whatever...but shit goes south in a hurry and she is taken by the engineers...then the new crew shows up and has to rescue her...but bottom line there needs to be a second crew, if Shaw and David are the only human/oid characters I don't think it would work

acrediblesource

I for one would like to know what the teardrop ship in the opening sequence was.
We don't know a thing about it and we can't just assume that it was a friendlier ship. I bet the contents was just as bombastic and horrific as the stuff from Prometheus.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Well.. we need to know what Weyland did with LV-223 but that's not the most interesting storyline to follow.. we can learn about that at the end of the movie via a couple of lines. (I.e. we sent a clean up team, they were mostly killed by the deacon, we ended up nuking the entire planet. ta da.)

They should focus on the Shaw/David voyage.
They should bring new human characters into this voyage. (There are ways to do this well).
And they should answer EVERYTHING. They might not get a chance to do another sequel.. might as well go all in.

Highland

Highland

I'm not really that interested in anything Weyland related. He's dead and we already know what happens to the company. The fine details are not really necessary for me.

I also think the Deacon may be the only nod to Alien we get. I think Scott may go off into another direction, investigating other creatures and also the Engineers home world. 

I'd be surprised if he put any Xeno's in the sequel.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2012, 07:27:39 PM
I'm not really that interested in anything Weyland related. He's dead and we already know what happens to the company. The fine details are not really necessary for me.
What happens?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Yutani? Does that name ring any bells?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 01, 2012, 07:37:31 PM
Yutani? Does that name ring any bells?
And there's never anything to it.

And treating this matter in such way equals a wasted opportunity for a really interesting economic backdrop that'd add much depth.

Nightmare Asylum

He means that we already know Weyland and Yutani merge, and he doesn't care about why it happens.

Personally, I would love to see that element explored more in a future film. Though I'm also very interested in continuing Shaw and David's story. I'm very interested in, as Ripley said it, finally meeting 'god'.

Snowdog

Snowdog

I'm more interested in the company than the journey of Shaw and David. Would love to see how the sequel turns out though ;D Also i still kind of hope that Vickers is an android and she crawls away the spaceship in a future movie ::)

Nightmare Asylum

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Vickers again. Not actual Vickers from Prometheus, mind you, but an android designed after her. A familiar face for the company, if you will.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed