The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,037 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yep. Prequel to Rage Wars in the anthology.

Ultramorph

Nice! Maybe we'll get a xenomorph-centric prequel in the Alien anthology.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2016, 09:46:55 AM
Yep. Prequel to Rage Wars in the anthology.

Hicks, please, I can only handle so much excitement before my chest bursts!  ;D

*Starts spasming like Kane*

R Lar

Just finished Alien Invasion and all I have to say is...

Spoiler
JOHNNY MAINS!?!?!
[close]

Great reads. Can't wait for part 3.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: R Lar on Sep 03, 2016, 04:16:51 AM
Just finished Alien Invasion and all I have to say is...

Spoiler
JOHNNY MAINS!?!?!
[close]

Great reads. Can't wait for part 3.

I know the feels man...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, I was surprised he
Spoiler
made it into the second book at all.  :laugh: I'm hoping he is actually dead for Armageddon!
[close]

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2016, 08:35:24 AM
Spoiler
made it into the second book at all.  :laugh: I'm hoping he is actually dead for Armageddon!
[close]

And then Blomkamp will write a book in between Invasion and Armageddon reviving them two as older characters.  :laugh:

j0w

No miracles this time. Besides it allows us get to see how badass a certain female character in uniform can be

perching

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 05, 2016, 03:21:23 PM
Spoiler
[close]

And then Blomkamp will write a book in between Invasion and Armageddon reviving them two as older characters.  :laugh:

JUSTCE FOR MAINS AND LIEDER!!!!!  :laugh:

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 05, 2016, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 05, 2016, 03:21:23 PM
Spoiler
[close]

JUSTCE FOR MAINS AND LIEDER!!!!!  :laugh:

I am actually scared for Hashori, Liliya, Isa Palant and Elder Kalakta... I know Lebbon warned us not to get too attached, but damn...  :'(

j0w

They might be okay. It is the soldiers who always die in that universe and stories

perching

The Alien Predator

Quote from: j0w on Sep 05, 2016, 05:46:17 PM
They might be okay. It is the soldiers who always die in that universe and stories

perching

Spoiler
Mcllveen wasn't a soldier.
[close]
:P

But those characters are in dangerous situations and already with soldiers (such as Palant.) Liliya and Hashori are headed straight for Weyland-Yutani which doesn't really bode well for them.

The safest one is probably Elder Kalakta as we haven't had an Elder die yet in the franchise.

Ultramorph

If you have iTunes, there's a sample now available in the iBooks app! Looking at the table of contents
Spoiler
I can confirm that Mains appears to be well and truly dead. The only new name I'm seeing is Major Sergei Budanov.
[close]

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/alien-vs.-predator-armageddon/id1137435004?mt=11

j0w

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 05, 2016, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: j0w on Sep 05, 2016, 05:46:17 PM

perching

Spoiler
Mcllveen wasn't a soldier.
[close]
[emoji14]

But those characters are in dangerous situations and already with soldiers (such as Palant.) Liliya and Hashori are headed straight for Weyland-Yutani which doesn't really bode well for them.

The safest one is probably Elder Kalakta as we haven't had an Elder die yet in the franchise.
Pallant has some scary minders, human or otherwise so she is fine

perching

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Here's a Google Books sample for AvP Armageddon.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vsLLDAAAQBAJ&pg=PT35&lpg=PT35&dq=alien+vs+predator+armageddon+sample&source=bl&ots=CLkwCcnbzT&sig=YSdK3ta4RPhoQnlYDn24LM5bwMU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLnLmOwoDPAhVfF8AKHXiVBLkQ6AEIQzAM#v=onepage&q=alien%20vs%20predator%20armageddon%20sample&f=false

Wow... the Predators are such freaking badasses in this! So much ass is being kicked in the first chapter alone!

The preview also confirms that
Spoiler
Yautja borrow technology from other civilizations and adapt it into their own while also making their own things too. Isa Palant finds lots of familiar looking features inside the Yautja research station and in the lab itself this is where it's confirmed. One Yautja is seen carrying an old Marine Pulse Rifle trophy.
[close]

We also hear another Yautja named
Spoiler
"Yaquita" who has no legs (likely due to being wounded) and sits on a mechanical wheelchair that eschews hover technology, has one mechanical eye that makes whirring noises as it moves, has long dreadlocks that trail across the floor and is a scientist who is fascinated with her experiments.
[close]

We also learn of a new alien creature called a
Spoiler
Fire Spite which can bite a human's head off in one sweep, the teeth leak fire and it is possibly a space borne creature. Humans only encountered them three times so far, so rarely that even Palant had no idea they existed. The Fire Spite is located in the Yautja lab, being held in a suspension field and experimented on.
[close]

It is interesting from what I have gathered above, we see Lebbon's Yautja are pretty much
Spoiler
a blend of Yautja and Hish-qu-Ten. Like the Hish, they steal tech but also come up with their own, like the Yautja they are warriors but also like the Hish they are sadistic and it's hard to tell the genders apart.

One thing I noticed according to some online sources, Yautja in older fictions treated their invalids like utter crap, they were called the "untouchables." I don't know much about it.

But here, looking at Yaquita who seems quite happy with herself, it seems like invalids and disabled Predators are given other roles to fulfil. Palant speculates Yaquita is either old and worn, or young and wounded, either way Yaquita is a brilliant scientist so the clan lets her do research for them. This reminds me of when Shane Black mentioned possibly showing us other Predators besides just hunters.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed