Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,377 times)

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Blizzard just gave me WoW and all expansions expect padna + moth of subscription for free :D a nice try from them but they won't get me so easily :D
Also just got beta key for the new expansion however I need panda to activate it  :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 31, 2014, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 29, 2014, 04:05:00 PM
RE4 is a fun game but it feels more like DMC than RE to me so I could never like it as much as the first.  The same with five and six.

RE5 was fun but it wasn't a good RE game. I stayed far away from RE6 though. FAAAR away.

I started playing the Resident Evil games after RE4. I never played the originals back in the day. Consequently, I think RE4 is a f**king masterpiece and think it deserves all the hype it receives. RE5 was OK, but what kept it from being great was the friendly AI. I have yet to meet a gamer who didn't think Sheva was the most useless partner in the world. 

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 01, 2014, 11:14:23 AM
I have yet to meet a gamer who didn't think Sheva was the most useless partner in the world.
We live in small world friend! -> http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=50316.msg1977814#msg1977814

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

RE5 and 6 are meant to be played with a partner.  It ups the fun factor by quite a bit. 

But that's part of the downfall.  RE4-6 are funnish games.  They aren't scary games like they were back in the day. 

Vakarian

Vakarian

I really enjoyed playing RE4 - RE6. I'm glad they ditched the old style of gameplay.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I love how they tried to give Chris character development in 5... by having him briefly mention "if it's all worth fighting for" twice in the whole game. :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I like chris simply because he can throw a haymaker and knock Wesker on his ass when he's FEAR Pointmanning everywhere during the battle. 

Randomizer

Randomizer

C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge

Decided to try it with some friends on a LAN server . Three of us vs . 3 bots on hard difficulty .... ended up with 4 matches lost and 2 won . Seems like I was the most experienced here .  :P I can still consider it as one of the best RTS strategy games for me .

No One Lives Forever

Played it for like 10 minutes . I liked it so far . Gonna try it some more later .

WinterActual

WinterActual

The default AI in RA2 is CRAP EASY!!!! It doesn't use army at all. Even on hard it creates very low amount of units. Most of the time its tactic is engineer rush with different transports which is gay as f**k. I high recommend you to play with either Advanced AI 2.0 (I don't know if you will be able to find 2.03)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbeIMaypA_o#

Or with liyupeng AI which is probably the best AI for RA2 ever made. Its great for coop.

Or with Mental Omega http://www.moddb.com/mods/mental-omega It has very good coop maps.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Made the leap back to Halo 3 multiplayer. It feels great to die on levels I know so well.  :) Had a great match, Team BRs on Valhalla last night.

Our Reds got off to a shitty start, with me being the obvious cannon fodder and being crap with the BR -I hate the weapon! Why no Carbine mode?- so, around the last six minutes, hey what do you know? We start pushing them pesky Blues back to their base. Big suprise, they charge with a Warthog, shred me to ribbons and keep on rolling for our base, probably to lap up an easy spawn kill. Big mistake. Nabbing the Power Drain, I lobbed it in their direction and hope that it stalls their engine. Lady luck didn't flip me the bird and stopped them dead in their tire tracks. I got the girly giggles- sending those two guys into orbit with my frags.

Going back in my base, it took me several times to figure out that Team BRs doesn't have Banshees...OH, SO THAT'S WHY I'M NOT GLOWING WITH GREEN?  :laugh: Now, down in the basement, I pick up the sniper rifle that no one was team killing each other for. Tossing away that BR for an SMG, I start off for our team who are at the crashed Pelican fighting off three Blues with one sporting a Spartan Laser. Now I am one of the crappiest snipers around and somehow on a fluke, I got a kill on the laser carrier with a two bodyshots and the team pops those guys in their heads.

After that, the last three minutes was a mop up for the team until the time ran down...how the hell did we not fill up the fifty kill limit? But the team was brilliant. They knew what they were doing, they rarely made mistakes and never let themselves wonder far from one another's sight. All around, it was one of the few games that I managed to do very well. I can't wait for the MCC version of H3.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 02, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
The default AI in RA2 is CRAP EASY!!!! It doesn't use army at all. Even on hard it creates very low amount of units. Most of the time its tactic is engineer rush with different transports which is gay as f**k. I high recommend you to play with either Advanced AI 2.0 (I don't know if you will be able to find 2.03)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbeIMaypA_o#

Or with liyupeng AI which is probably the best AI for RA2 ever made. Its great for coop.

Or with Mental Omega http://www.moddb.com/mods/mental-omega It has very good coop maps.

I noticed that on hard difficulty the enemy is more focusing on defenses rather than attacking ... dunno if it's true , I'm gonna try the Advanced AI mod , hope it would be more of a challange . Still , I gotta practice with my friends because I'm the only one that played RA2 for a long time .

I wonder if I could put another mods as well without any problems . I would like to try the Advanced AI mod with Apocalypse, that would be fun !
Spoiler

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its not going to work. The AI won't use the new units or it will do wacky stuff with them. Most of the total conversions have their own AI, like the Mental Omega which is currently the best RA2 mod.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dino Crisis 2

Game is way more action oriented than it's predecessor.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Diablo 3
Went back to my Demon Hunter and changed my build to see if it will halp increase my damage cause it was pretty bad and the new build makes one hell of a diffrence :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

still inching my way through TLOU on grounded difficulty.  It amazes me on where I have problems in this game compared to previous difficulties.

The little battle that occurs when you get the generator running on the hydroplant lasted forever with many deaths.  Finally I figured out a glitch/cheat where if you ran past the enemy occupants and triggered dialogue  the enemies behind you would all die.  So I ran past the first seven guys, the other dudes were coming through the door and I threw a perfectly placed grenade that took out the other five guys. 

Previously though when you still have Henry in your group and you fight that final battle with the infected I usually die there on a lesser difficulty for whatever reasons.  Came out completely unscathed on grounded.

Doesn't make sense. 

I'm at the UEC campus now and can already tell I'm going to die a lot with the stalkers and clicker/bloater combination.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed