Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,631 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 01, 2014, 03:42:23 AM
Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 30, 2014, 08:37:19 PM
Dark Souls 2.

The dragon shrine is absolute bullshit, the standard enemies are bullshit and that boss is bullshit. Worst area in the game.

Those Dragon knights...
I prefer to just run around them, much less stressful
Also isn't the AD optional?
I'm taking them out permanently one at a time, running past them got me killed a few times so I gave up on that.

As far as I know he's optional, but I still got to beat him. I couldn't consider the game finished until all the bosses are beat.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Battlefield 4

I just had the greatest moment ever in a long time, because I was hollering over it.

In Paracel Storm, I was playing domination, with my G36 wielding Engineer and I was trying to take A. This enemy goes between these two big fuel tanks on higher ground and I threw a grenade then started firing but then he killed me. But then despite moving away from the tanks to A the explosion was so huge it just killed him and tossed his body in the air in such a cinematic way like in an action movie. We may have lost but I was still smiling from that moment, so worth it.

Anyway, I'm getting better, back towards how I was in Battlefield 3. My favourite weapon is the G36 carbine with the HD-33 [X1] sights, green laser light accessory, a heavy barrel and an angled grip on the under barrel. It has 3 service stars and 5 more G36 specific battlepacks to unlock.

The HD-33 [X1] sights are good for close and medium range and I like them myself. The green laser is the same as the red one but is... green, reduces the hip fire penalty by 25% and can potentially blind enemies at close range. The heavy barrel improves  accuracy by 50% but with a penalty towards stability. I have the angled grip to compensate for the heavy barrel's stability penalty as the angled grip improves the stability by 33%.

My secondary weapon is the M412 Rex revolver, my only addition to this weapon so far is the ghost ring sights.

Got a new knife today I plan on using, the Scout knife. I'm an engineer mainly so I also use the SHAW rocket launcher as my first gadget and the repair tool as my second. Unlocked the impact and incendiary grenades but have stuff with the M67 frag grenade.

It's getting a little more fun.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2014, 01:42:50 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on May 01, 2014, 12:58:09 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2014, 11:28:35 AM
Half-Life: Opposing Force

I'm enjoying it much more than the original game.

I think Opposing Force's biggest strength over the original is its weapon design. Every new gun is extremely fun to use, with great models, sound effects and shooting dynamic, while in both main HL games, there's something a bit awkward about Valve's arsenal.

I hope they manage to finish the Source remake of OpFor. Had a great time with Black Mesa.

It's not as slow either. The original game never really caught on with me like it did with others because it was so drawn out. I prefer something tighter with more action. I had no idea a Source remake was coming though!

There's info about it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/operation-black-mesa
http://tripminestudios.com/forum/obm.php

They're also trying to incorporate Blue Shift, and multiplayer modes. It's been in development for a hell of a long time, and apparently isn't remotely close to completion...
In the meantime, I'm not sure if you've played Black Mesa, but it's pretty damned awesome. Throw in the mods extending On A Rail and We've Got Hostiles, and you'll have a far more action-packed and enjoyable Half-Life than Valve's original.

Did you ever play Unreal, by the way?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Never extensively. When Unreal came out, I think I was still playing with N64 and GoldenEye, lol. If I was on my PC, I was likely playing a shooter as well, but it wouldn't have been Unreal.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 01, 2014, 03:52:16 AM
but I thought this game was kind of dead.
LOL! It never was! The game always have at least 5-6 full servers with 64 players and many others with 32 or 24.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2014, 01:42:50 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on May 01, 2014, 12:58:09 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 01, 2014, 11:28:35 AM
Half-Life: Opposing Force

I'm enjoying it much more than the original game.

I think Opposing Force's biggest strength over the original is its weapon design. Every new gun is extremely fun to use, with great models, sound effects and shooting dynamic, while in both main HL games, there's something a bit awkward about Valve's arsenal.

I hope they manage to finish the Source remake of OpFor. Had a great time with Black Mesa.

It's not as slow either. The original game never really caught on with me like it did with others because it was so drawn out. I prefer something tighter with more action. I had no idea a Source remake was coming though!

I liked that Half-Life focused on your character being a scientist. It really changed things from the usual shooter roles that had you running and gunning, but I can see how Opposing Force could be more enjoyable in that regard.

I really enjoyed all of the expansions, honestly. Oh Gearbox, why? Why you bastards lol? OpFor was such fun.

Quote from: WinterActual on May 01, 2014, 05:19:17 PM
LOL! It never was! The game always have at least 5-6 full servers with 64 players and many others with 32 or 24.

Glad to hear that! Hell it's only ten bucks, I might be picking it up soon. I love realistic shooters, even if word on the street says that it isn't as good as RO1. Still better than nothin' lol. I've also been hearing some AvPG squad talk amongst the breeze. That could be sweet, sweet nectar friends.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

You guys should ask Cal how his butthole feels after those last couple of rounds of Rising Storm

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Pretty tender. Dumb f**king teammates should just quit the game, uninstall it, and then kill themselves. They're almost as bad as the humble bundlers were in Battlefield 3.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 02, 2014, 03:00:29 AM
Pretty tender. Dumb f**king teammates should just quit the game, uninstall it, and then kill themselves. They're almost as bad as the humble bundlers were in Battlefield 3.

:laugh: HAha the humble bundle kiss of death. The noob waves have wreaked havoc in all kinds of games. Natural Selection 2 was hilarious, so long as you weren't actually trying to win.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yeh, yesterday I saw that Cal is playing RO2 and decided to check in which server he is. Luckily he was in one of the servers where I play regularly but ofc he was in the wrong team (Allies). I was like "sigh...... ok lets see" and then our asses got kicked bad! Most of your guys were complete retards. It was nice that we had people who follow their role but they were not paying attention to whats happening with the lower ranked soldiers. I mean the TL was giving commands but thats it. If one or two squads were cut off somewhere he just repeatedly gave the same command over and over again without providing any help. We only did well on Rakowice because the map is heavily broken now due to the APCs. This morning I played again, same server but this time (as always) in the Axis team - we just crushed the Allies without a single lose - like a bulldozer - WHAM! It was so bad that one time on Station they did a mass ragequit resulting a 30v10 fight lol!

Nightlord

Nightlord

Finished Dark Souls 2.
Odd ending and that last boss was really anticlimactic. Gone back to the belltower covenant now for all that pvp.

SM

SM

Gun is on sale on Steam this weekend.  Worth a look?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Demon's Souls

That potential Demon's Souls 2 announcement got me all hot and bothered to play this again. ;D ;D ;D

I also might as well since I still don't have Dark Souls 2, and I've already beaten Dark Souls so many times. :P

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on May 02, 2014, 09:02:53 PM
Gun is on sale on Steam this weekend.  Worth a look?

I liked Gun. Of course, Red Dead is the king shit of western games, but I remember Gun being pretty decent for its time. If you like the genre, probably worth it on sale.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Oh shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed