Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,270 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Something tells me you don't have kids of your own.

BANE

BANE

QuoteAs for using anything else... no. Belts, fists and things like that, especially.
I see no problem with giving them a right smack on the bottom with the flat side of a belt.

urban_predator83

I hate.......
Spoiler
smartphones
[close]

DrGediman

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 13, 2010, 10:43:40 PM
QuoteAs for using anything else... no. Belts, fists and things like that, especially.
I see no problem with giving them a right smack on the bottom with the flat side of a belt.

A bit of violence in the household creates pure domestic bliss. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's violence to you? I'm sure all the millions of abused women in this world would agree with you.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 13, 2010, 11:08:01 PM
That's violence to you? I'm sure all the millions of abused women in this world would agree with you.
What I find most interesting about the majority of those types of cases is that the abused women continue to stay with their partner even as the abuse continues to get worse and worse. I mean, I know it may be very rude of me to say this, but I really find it hard (even though I should) to sympathize with these women when the majority of them don't leave the relationship or tell someone.

First Blood

They may be living in fear. "If you leave me, I'll kill you..." type scenario.

SiL

SiL

Having the shit beat out of you is not conducive to rational thought.

BANE

BANE

True, but I mean if you go to the police station yourself and report it they'll protect you. Or if you tell a friend they'll hopefully get the cops too. I mean, I feel bad for what they're going through, but I really can't understand why they stay.

QuoteHaving the shit beat out of you is not conducive to rational thought.
They get beaten, recover...and do nothing.

The PredBen

Well the police can only do so much.

There was once a woman who claimed abuse. The cops arrested the guy and he recieved several years in jail. ( Keep in mind he wasn't a physical batter - although he had hit her. He was more like the non violent controlling kind of guy.) Once released and found her at her work and killed her.

She was scared to speak up, because, she believed she was powerless. Sadly in this case so were the cops.  :(

SM

SM

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 13, 2010, 11:11:39 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 13, 2010, 11:08:01 PM
What I find most interesting about the majority of those types of cases is that the abused women continue to stay with their partner even as the abuse continues to get worse and worse. I mean, I know it may be very rude of me to say this, but I really find it hard (even though I should) to sympathize with these women when the majority of them don't leave the relationship or tell someone.

Then you need to research more into battered women instead of viewing it on a purely superficial level.

The PredBen

Battering, like all forms of abuse, instills fear ...

And its rarely just a physical beating. Its complimented with degrading and hurtful insults. As well as mental and emotion trauma.

Its hard to fully recover.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yup. Women won't leave the relationship for various reasons, usually because they can't afford to or the husband will murder them.

BANE

BANE

Then you need to research more into battered women instead of viewing it on a purely superficial level.
I have done research into it, the damn information was forced onto me in my schooling. Yet when I got beat up in school or was threatened with knives and death threats, I don't care: I go to the teacher and/or police. I can understand what they're going through solely based on the information I was given: it's horrible. But I still can't sympathize with them because they can't pick up the phone and dial 9/11, or walk down to the station.

And what with the current legal system being totally in favour of the female in a divorce settlement as it is, the abuse should get the woman a healthy sum of money. Or, if they're boyfriend and girlfriend, she can sue him for assault. Still a bunch of money with which to kickstart a job search and/or a new life.

SiL

SiL

If you still think it's as easy for them as just walking to the police station then it doesn't seem like you paid much attention to the information.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed