ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,041 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 18, 2015, 12:14:55 AM
Is there any chance the regular edition of the book was cancelled because producers are concerned it will conflict with Alien 5?

Why should a book adhering to old canon be an issue when a movie establishing a new canon that's two or three years away be a problem enough to warrant cancellation for a standard edition book when the new movie won't be out for a good while?

predxeno

I suppose for the same reason why The Rage War trilogy of books being released for the old canon had to be edited so it didn't contradict details of Alien 5's new canon.  Shit don't make sense. :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 18, 2015, 01:03:20 AM
I suppose for the same reason why The Rage War trilogy of books being released for the old canon had to be edited so it didn't contradict details of Alien 5's new canon.  Shit don't make sense. :-\

Assuming Blomkamp will be completely ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection, then his movie would regardless conflict with Rage War anyway. Wouldn't it? So that would already render Rage War obsolete.

predxeno

Yeah, but they had to edit Rage War because they said there would be contradictions between Rage War and Alien 5 despite the fact that they took place in two different continuities.

Ultramorph

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 18, 2015, 01:56:44 AM
Yeah, but they had to edit Rage War because they said there would be contradictions between Rage War and Alien 5 despite the fact that they took place in two different continuities.

I'm still wondering about that. I recall Lebbon saying that the changes were pretty minor, which brings up all sorts of questions, especially since the previous Titan trilogy had been edited to stay in canon with A3 and AR.

RakaiThwei

Man, this is confusing.

Corporal Hicks

He said some changes were made. We don't know to what extent.

My copy arrived this morning. Didn't have time to do anything except unpack it. It's absolutely massive.

HuDaFuK

I have a horrible feeling your review of it will make the decision to not spend so much on it that bit harder :(

predxeno

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 18, 2015, 02:00:16 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jul 18, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

I'm still wondering about that. I recall Lebbon saying that the changes were pretty minor, which brings up all sorts of questions, especially since the previous Titan trilogy had been edited to stay in canon with A3 and AR.

Perhaps we're looking at this all wrong; perhaps Rage War and the previous books by Titan will be made to be part of the new canon instead of the old canon, that would fix a lot of things.  What references to the old canon were in the Titan books, out of curiosity?

Ultramorph

Sea of Sorrows talked about the USM and the Auriga crash.

SM

WYR was in production long before Blomkamp's film came along.  The new film had no impact on it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So how is Blomkamp's film coming along?

HuDaFuk said that you're apparently working on it as a consultant. Similar to what you did on the Weyland Yutani report.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 19, 2015, 12:45:30 PMHuDaFuk said that you're apparently working on it as a consultant.

:laugh: That was just a joke, I don't make it my business to keep tabs on SM.

SM

I know as much about the Blomkamp film as anyone else.

Corporal Hicks

Nice to see you posting again, SM!  :)

I went to London Film and Comic Con yesterday so still haven't had a chance to really dig into the book but I flicked through it. The bulk of that huge package was the fancy-pants Alien cover. Very very cool, very heavy. The book itself is still pretty damn thick - bigger than the Vault. Lots of super cool artwork by Locusta - didn't see much of John's before I had to put it away but what I saw of John's artwork was really nice too. Lots and lots of extra goddies - can't wait to read Space Beast.

Hopefully I'll get to start reading tonight - still got to pack everything away. And once I've read it and previewed it, should also be doing a podcast with Locusta towards the end of the month.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed