Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,840 times)

SiL

Bitching about making them act like insects, and have an insectile social structure, on the other hand, is entirely valid.

locusta

To get the thread back to topic and away from another useless A:R (se)  ;) discussion, look over at the http://www.alienprequelnews.com/

Quite interesting, Halon Entertainment one of the leading companies in the previsualisation of effects- and CG heavy movies are on board as stated.

When you look their page, please keep in mind that they don´t do final CG for the movies, but they provide the Director as well the Editor and CG-Artists with information, a former storyboard never could have achieved.

The fact, they joined, proves even more how CG heavy "Prometheus" will be.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

OMG......alien>aliens>alien3>alien:R

This is how it is 4 me.
Alien has less action but a much different kind of terror compared to aliens.
Alien3 might dont be as good as alien and aliens but its a f**king serious film compared to avp:R

btw these kids today....omg  alien:R....really?  im really almost sure that today's kids dont have a good judgement
and most of them love visuals/action scenes over a good plot/story/directing.
and im not talking about the alien franchise only...i mean many of the todays kids cant value old school movies that
are accepted by almost all that are masterpieces,just because the fx are not perfect or because there is no mindless crazy action Mtv style....they find it ''boring'' and ''uninteresting''...pfffffffffffff!
(im almost 30.)

***im talking about the majority,not all the people who are under 20-25.

Sylizar

Quote from: prodigy211 on Feb 06, 2011, 08:03:35 AM
OMG......alien>aliens>alien3>alien:R

btw these kids today....omg  alien:R....really?  im really almost sure that today's kids dont have a good judgement
and most of them love visuals/action scenes over a good plot/story/directing.
and im not talking about the alien franchise only...i mean many of the todays kids cant value old school movies that
are accepted by almost all that are masterpieces,just because the fx are not perfect or because there is no mindless crazy action Mtv style....they find it ''boring'' and ''uninteresting''...pfffffffffffff!
(im almost 30.)

I can`t watch alot of those `masterpiece`movies for the reason you listed, but also for another. For me, movies are a fun way to escape reality. So when a movie is just...boring, I`m not having the fun I seek, and therefore don`t enjoy the movie.

Gash

And it's that demographic that has made Hollywood turn away from making interesting films to popcorn fare instead... to the massive detriment of the film industry.

We all like the occasional frivolous film, in fact cheesey films are great fun, but the fear of investing in more mature films has decimated quality control and alienated a lot of potential movie goers.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Gash on Feb 06, 2011, 09:45:21 AM
And it's that demographic that has made Hollywood turn away from making interesting films to popcorn fare instead... to the massive detriment of the film industry.

We all like the occasional frivolous film, in fact cheesey films are great fun, but the fear of investing in more mature films has decimated quality control and alienated a lot of potential movie goers.

Exactly...popcorn movies aint bad but now its epidemic and the worst is that most kids start to believe that: ''oohh man these are so good and interesting movies!!!'' .....not to mention that even the 80's popcorn movies have better dialogues than of the current ones hahahahaha  :laugh:

Sylizar....by saying masterpiece movies i do not mean boring Russian 60's cinema....
where you can watch for 20 minutes on the screen an old man in his small boat fishing in the open sea on a raining day just looking in the water and for the grand finale to scratch his balls....and say ''bad idea to come here with such a weather after all''...credits.

Im talking about really interesting movies with a very good story,script and action too...
but without ''bam! boum!'' every 30 seconds,HUGE plot holes,ridiculous dialogues and uninteresting stories.

Alien is 1 of these ''masterpiece'' movies and its no luck that its one of the few films of its kind that is loved and respected even by the ''best'' critics who dont like the genre.

As for your comment: ''For me, movies are a fun way to escape reality''...

Without any insult the only thing i can say is that i love the cinema and watching movies because i just love it!..others like sports,others reading books,others fishing,others listening/buying music,others are workaholics ect ect ......I dont do it so to escape reality as you do lol....thats why i dont blame you,for your lack of good judgment on movies.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 05, 2011, 11:02:07 PM
not a direct plot lift.
Oh, because Resurrection was totally Alien, plot bit for plot bit, obviously more than Aliens! How could I be so blind?!
I realize 'pulling a Valaquen' is hard, but yeah. Try something else.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 06, 2011, 02:09:19 AM
How old are you?
This is the typical "you're young, so x, y and z" card hardcore fans pull out when there's few else to grip on. Age has f**k all to do with the fact someone likes a film - Taste and individuality is where one's really at.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 05, 2011, 11:40:57 PM
Even Omega will you tell that AR was a black comedy take.
Hah! As far as the theatrical cut goes, there was only one moment I'd define as such, and that is when Perez has a look at his brains, which is one of the few things that draws Resurrection back for me. But... failed clones and Newborn? Black comedy?
Notice I said 'theatrical cut'. The extended cut has an opening which I really question the sense of. It's idiotic. Not in case I think they removed it (I clearly remember Jeunet or someone else saying that they changed it in the final theatrical cut because "it set up the wrong mood for the film", and they were all kinds of right).
For the rest, the film's all serious as Alien3 - Switch Andrews & the prisoners with Perez & the Pirates, and you've got a similar mood.

nendo

Quote from: Remonster on Feb 06, 2011, 04:32:19 AM
Am i the only person that doesn't like what Aliens changed about the creature? Now they only seem threatening when there are dozens of them.

Agreed. Camerons take on the alien franchise kinda ruined the alien species for me tbh. Like you said it went from this creature that looked like it could think and act based on the situation whereas camerons aliens tended to just throw themselves in the way of the bullets which makes them nothing more than a target for people to shoot at.

The whole cacoon scene from alien is alot more ALIEN than this hive system that was introduced into the second movie. It went from creepy to plain.

Saying that Aliens is a good movie and alot better than the later moveis.

In all honestly i don't see why people hate alien 3 so much. I quite liked it. Its got a good tone, look and feel to the movie which i thought was lost in aliens. I foud it quite dark and alot more creepier/scarier than the second film.

I'm 22 and i watched them somewhat out of order. Aliens, alien 3, alien alien resurrection. As a film alien:R could prob work on its own with no ties to the previous films. but as part of the franchise. Worse one created.

I still love the first and wil always think its the best. But i love the older film. Alien, The thing and all them because back then it was about a good story. These days its about a story with decent visual effects. they always seem to be fast pasted aswell. Everyhitng has to happen straight awya which imo is shit.

nendo

Quote from: locusta on Feb 06, 2011, 06:39:24 AM
To get the thread back to topic and away from another useless A:R (se)  ;) discussion, look over at the http://www.alienprequelnews.com/

Quite interesting, Halon Entertainment one of the leading companies in the previsualisation of effects- and CG heavy movies are on board as stated.

When you look their page, please keep in mind that they don´t do final CG for the movies, but they provide the Director as well the Editor and CG-Artists with information, a former storyboard never could have achieved.

The fact, they joined, proves even more how CG heavy "Prometheus" will be.

Thats not true a all. You can't make a judgment on how much CG will be in a film by what effects company has join production. It never works like that. They may only be providing the pre-vis for the film and nothing more. They may only be providing camera tracking for set extensions. You can't say its going to be CG heavy when theres nothing to go off for that.

Their main focus judging by the website is pre-vis. Pre-vis is used in alot of films these days that include no CGI. As its a better way of showing the pass of a scene.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

nendo, you can edit your former post instead of doing a new one straight.

Chelchi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 05, 2011, 11:02:07 PM
not a direct plot lift.
Oh, because Resurrection was totally Alien, plot bit for plot bit, obviously more than Aliens! How could I be so blind?!

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 06, 2011, 02:09:19 AM
How old are you?
This is the typical "you're young, so x, y and z" card hardcore fans pull out when there's few else to grip on. Age has f**k all to do with the fact someone likes a film - Taste and individuality is where one's really at.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 05, 2011, 11:40:57 PM
Even Omega will you tell that AR was a black comedy take.
Hah! As far as the theatrical cut goes, there was only one moment I'd define as such, and that is when Perez has a look at his brains, which is one of the few things that draws Resurrection back for me. But... failed clones and Newborn? Black comedy?
Notice I said 'theatrical cut'. The extended cut has an opening which I really question the sense of. It's idiotic. Not in case I think they removed it (I clearly remember Jeunet or someone else saying that they changed it in the final theatrical cut because "it set up the wrong mood for the film", and they were all kinds of right).
For the rest, the film's all serious as Alien3 - Switch Andrews & the prisoners with Perez & the Pirates, and you've got a similar mood.

Don't leave out A:R Bullet bouncing off the pipes head shot. That was IMO retarded. 

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 01:09:58 PM
:laugh: I hope that's a compliment.

QuoteHah! As far as the theatrical cut goes, there was only one moment I'd define as such, and that is when Perez has a look at his brains, which is one of the few things that draws Resurrection back for me. But... failed clones and Newborn? Black comedy?
I'm sure you've said it before. That's why I made such a bold claim  :D I do disagree, but hey, what's a disagreement?!
Quote from: nendo on Feb 06, 2011, 01:25:25 PM
Agreed. Camerons take on the alien franchise kinda ruined the alien species for me tbh. Like you said it went from this creature that looked like it could think and act based on the situation whereas camerons aliens tended to just throw themselves in the way of the bullets which makes them nothing more than a target for people to shoot at.

The whole cacoon scene from alien is alot more ALIEN than this hive system that was introduced into the second movie. It went from creepy to plain.
Yes, I hated the Aliens disarming, ambushing, and annihilating the Marines. That was dumb. [By the by, Ridley identified the Alien lair from the original as its 'nest' and 'hive.' So semantics aside, I suppose you just don't like the idea of an egg-layer. I agree with Ridley on this one, it was 'a very good idea.']

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm 35, and grew up watching films like Hitchcocks masterpiece Vertigo, Rear Window, Mrs. Miniver, the films of Frank Capra, A Street Car Named Desire, Days of Wine and Roses to name a few. These films take patience to watch unfold, the same kind of patience ALIEN takes to watch or more recent films like the flawless, There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and so on.

AR wasn't a mess purely because of the story and dialogue (although mostly) also because the film was trying to emulate the success of past films by using their formula as opposed to trying to make a better story work on it's own.

nendo

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 06, 2011, 04:14:35 PM
Yes, I hated the Aliens disarming, ambushing, and annihilating the Marines. That was dumb. [By the by, Ridley identified the Alien lair from the original as its 'nest' and 'hive.' So semantics aside, I suppose you just don't like the idea of an egg-layer. I agree with Ridley on this one, it was 'a very good idea.']

Can't realy tell if your being sarcastic or not tbh. But liking/hating whatever film for whatever reason is my personal opinion. And yes i do think how they are shown in the second film was dumb and was made into an action film compaired to the first. For me atleast in the second film there was no scare factor, just when is the next gun fight going to be.

Ridley may of said that off camera but when i watched it was never realy shown in the film to have a hive like system in place (in the first film).

But just because Ridley said it off camera doesn't mean I have to accept it as being part of the first film as for me it wasn't shown. He can say what he likes after making it but if its not on screen for me then it doesn't mean i then have to then apply it to the film i've created an opinion on already.

Sharp Sticks

So you'd prefer it if Aliens (sorry, make that Alien 2) was another horror movie sequel that failed to live up to the legacy of the original? It's like O'Bannon said, there was nowhere else to go with the concept. The only way to make the creature fresh and different the second time around was to put it in an action movie.

Alien, as a film, permenantly sandbagged the horror/monster movie genre; a mediocre knockoff would be an insult to its legacy. And we got plenty of those mediocre knockoffs after Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed