Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,834 times)

Sharp Sticks

chupacabras acheronsis

So much want  :(

DaddyYautja

"I've heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world."

AVP continuity.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ash 937

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 28, 2011, 08:14:08 PM
I'm not comfortable with this halfway shit, personally. Either fold or go all-in, Ridley.

While direct sequels and prequels do make sense, there is a lot of Sci-Fi literature where established universes are given new scenarios that have very little to do with previous story lines.  It's something unique about popular Sci-Fi literature as authors do this frequently.  The "Halo: Cryptum" series by Greg Bear is suppose to be a new example of this (though I haven't read more than the first chapter online).  I use to also read "Star Wars" fiction that did it all the time, as a matter of fact.

If Ridley does make his movie this way, it would be the first time (that I can think of) where something like this has been done in film.  It's a good idea, I guess.  But it's not a completely original approach if you look at the Sci-Fi genre as a whole.

SiL

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 28, 2011, 09:53:10 PM
AVP continuity.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/778/hunter20roar.gif

Yeah, no.

predxeno

I'm somewhat skeptical of this.  Heck, I'm not somewhat, I'm quite.

Xhan

Not when the last two sequels were even more unecessary than the first sequel, the last one being especially stupid. Let's not make matters worse witha  prequel and ruining what little mystique is left.

NO JACKASS I NEED MORE MONEY HATS TO WEAR IN MY MONEY POOL.

Valaquen

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 28, 2011, 09:53:10 PM
"I've heard that some sort of archaeological dig where they discover alien DNA takes place there and that DNA gives them the coordinates for an alien world."

AVP continuity.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/778/hunter20roar.gif

The dig may have been on another world, where a team of humans find evidence of the Jockies having terraformed it in the distant past - terraforming with Aliens. That's what Ridley said they are for - weapons of war that 'cleanse' planets for the Jockey. No AVP!

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 28, 2011, 11:02:37 PM

Not when the last two sequels were even more unecessary than the first sequel, the last one being especially stupid. Let's not make matters worse witha  prequel and ruining what little mystique is left.

NO JACKASS I NEED MORE MONEY HATS TO WEAR IN MY MONEY POOL.

Fox executives play Team Fortress 2?

makes sense.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 28, 2011, 11:06:59 PM
The dig may have been on another world, where a team of humans find evidence of the Jockies having terraformed it in the distant past - terraforming with Aliens. That's what Ridley said they are for - weapons of war that 'cleanse' planets for the Jockey. No AVP!

I like this. A Giger-style Egg Silo would be preferred.

Wobblyboddle77

I think there are two ways at interpreting this speculation, firstly word came from within fox that the prequel had changed into a stand alone film a few weeks back, fox also shot down the rumours that there were creative differences between scott and tom rothman (fox head honcho)  over the budget and age rating criteria for the film. Then when the statement was released by fox and scott about prometheus, scott states that alien was indeed the jumping off point for this film and fox state, it's a new film with the begining of a new universe, scott continues stating keen fans will notice strands of the alien dna in the film. Both fox and scott make a point of being ambiguous but at the same time distancing themselves from Scotts 1979 original and the franchise in general. Now, this week an article has appeared on the movie section of the sky website stating the space jockey section of the derelict craft has been rebuilt at Pinewood studios in the u.k. , and that a bigger form of the xenomorphs will be the antagonists of this film with some obvious differences as they are a different breed because of the host no doubt. But there's one overriding question? Where is the sources evidence? and what is the sources credibility? there are alot of uncertainties regarding this information. That is what makes me see this as overhyped speculation, and why hasn't fox asked for the report to be pulled, which is what happened to the spaights leaked alien harvest and shadow 19 scripts. I think scott saw the alien franchise has been exhausted by fox since alien 3, and that an alien film on it's own got fox a bit jittery because of the previous failing of avp r, and they wouldn't commit a big budget or go for the R/18(uk) rating scott requested. it all boils down to money when it comes to tom rothman and fox, they wanted to play it safe with a pg13 3d cheaper psychological alien origin thriller. Scotts a clever bloke and knew if he went in a different direction, using a fresh approach he was likely to get the big budget he wanted and the secured R/18 rating. Let us not forget, even during production fox can still stick it's muddy claws in as it did with alien 3, the abyss, predator 2 and wolverine, butchering a potentially great movie, or even during post production by editing it down to a pg13, then when the dvd or blu ray is released, market it as the unrated version to make money, all i'm saying is see things for what they are but at the same time be weary of fox and don't jump the guns of movie speculation, because we may set ourselves up for disappointment in all facets of this production then.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder if they will change the title to "Alien: Prometheus"?

Sharp Sticks

They better not.

DJ Pu$$yface

Sounds fine to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Sooo, I'm confused...

Is it an Alien movie or not?..."head explodes*
Alien Origins? Maybe, but it will have to be brilliantly handled...
Giant Aliens...eh? Didn't the BS want something like that for ABVP3??? I don't know, Scott, I don't know...
Head driving a ship...Could be cool, I guess, not sure though...

I really hope this movie is good...I'm hesitant, but I think that (hopefully) Scott will make the right choices with this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed