Predator 3 On Its Way?

Started by Darkness, Jun 20, 2004, 06:56:28 PM

Author
Predator 3 On Its Way? (Read 16,285 times)

Henry408

Henry408

I really think David Goyer should pen the script. I would like to see James Cameron direct it.

Blooded

Blooded

it is my thoughts that fox should make the real avp storyline published by darkhorse as a real sequel to both franchises. a pred alone without its cultural background of the timeless battle between the aliens will seem dull, and  vice versa for an alien movie.....maybe.  i'm not saying i will boycott a predator 3 movie, but in order for it to be good something fresh will have to be forged from the darkest minds.  Now, if only ridley scott would take the reigns for Alien 5....or 6....whatever.  oh yeah...........Riddick deserved better than that mockery.

roger that

roger that

sure P3 has a potential set, but in realistic thinking the movie would come out in 5-7 years by now. i mean, we have avp not even released, what are the chances releasing another predator-movie this soon?

izzet

izzet

For a potential director, i say give John Mcteirnen another go. He needs a half decent movie. And if AVP delivers i think Paul Anderson should have statue built after him for bringing the Franchises back to life.

Manegarm

Manegarm

Predator revival! Hell yes!    ;D  

DimensionW

DimensionW

I rarely ever post here. I think I've made 3 posts in the forum since discovering AVP was being released. A few months ago I asked whether any of the potential story arc from Predator 2, would feature in AVP.  "It was revealed (which would have made a cool story arc for the Predator franchise) that Peter J Keyes "DEA" and apparent chief of the "Federal Task Force" had been studying the Predator race since he joined the "Strategic Defence Institute" and "Air Force Intelligence". Several incidencies came up in "Central America, Iwo Jima, Cambodia and Beirut." where the Predators were constantly "drawn by heat and conflict." It's assumed he grew obsessed with finding and capturing one of these predators with his team of undercover operatives to usher in a "new era of scientic technology."  His number one man, Garber, survived the incident in Predator 2 and could return in Predator 3. But if theres any mention of this in AVP then where could the franchise go now? would Predator 3 be set AFTER AVP? The mind boggles at the thought.  Being a film maker myself I suppose I could hypothesise that as usual and completely new anme would crop up with writing and/or directing credit for Predator 3. Unless our fanboy hopes are answered and the original boys who wrote Predator, step up and are inspired to write "3" due to AVP's success. We could only dream that Cameron and others would get involved with Predator 3. But you can always hope.  Though, I wonder if Paul Anderson would ever be considered by execs or even be willing... Something tells me he wanted to lend all his AVP creativity and ideas for the one movie though.. I believe he'd admit to not having anything to contribute to a 3rd Predator film. But who knows? I don't know the guy. Might be his secret plan to do Pred 3 too! lol  As for potential actors, The Rock, is a good possibility, 80's muscleman-wise. And you could even expect a cameo from old Arnie too.  As for a setting, I'm totally clueless. Who knows what could be used next... Could it even be set in the future? Imagine a sci-fi Predator movie?? Fighting preds with equal technology? Thats a potential new setting to satisfy viewers and tread new territory.

A

A

Predator 3 would be gd if stan winston created props again and if arnie was in it

That would be

That would be

The best news ever, Predator 3 would RULE!!!

thinkugotachance

thinkugotachance

eff no! no rock or anyone recently blowing up as a real big actor....then the movie'll turn into something about them, and you know there'll be those numerous close up shots of them that are completely unneccesary and itll just ruin the movie...forgive me if im wrong, but arnold was barely famous when he did predator...then his career sky-rocketed...

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

About the rock being in for pred 3, I say get Mctiernen back and half the rock be the child of arnie and the woman from pred1, seeing as how thr rock already has the body and looks like he is a mix of white/cocation and native/whatever to pull that story line off.Also have arnie play a small roll in the film by having his son the rock or use his son from the comics 'Schefere' get called in to investigate these strang but to familiar killings because mabey hes part of a commando team taking in the footsteps of arnie or have him be like a cool green barret or swat guy.He gets called for the job does some research on the killer/s and finds out what he's really after, a killer alien that hunts humans for sport and his father is the only one out of his eliete commando group that survived and actualy killed the thing.Thus bringing in a part for arnie to do, it may not be a major roll but enough for him to do it and still govern california.It would also be sweet to do a 'Cold war' comic story i the snow, I know avp is in antarctica but there in the pyramid 90% of the time.Also in the book there was a hole hunting clan of predswith some really kick ass weapons. Like there bear trap type thingy and there combi-stick that shot needle sharp darts out the end with a twist of the wrist.Just throwing up ideas here but i d like to hear othere peoples as well.

Terhou

Terhou

I think Predator will lose its spirit if FOX releases this much Predator stuff on the market   ???  .4 example AvP movie,Predator:CJ,AvP 3 game,Predator 3 movie!   ???  Slow down FOX!!!   >:D  

mrnose

mrnose

oooooooooooooooh if its true    ;D   -More info needed-

The__Jerk

The__Jerk

Im sorry but I have not ONCE been interested in any damn movie "THE ROCK" has been in...(Walking Tall,The Rundown, The Scorpion King   ???  ) People from wrestling shows dont seem to adjust well into the movie spotlight and I dont think he would make Predator 3 a profitable movie.. I believe the key to a good movie is actors you dont know about or the ones you dont expect to actually portray a certain image.   I agree that Id love to see John McTiernan another go for the Predator series...dont even bother with Cameron..the guy is too busy making 20 movies bout Titanic    :-\  

DeaconRage

DeaconRage

The__Jerk ... u dont no what your talking about  look what happened to arnold.   all of his movies sucked and his brakethrough movie was terminator.   all rock needs is a brakethough movie and he will be the nexted arnold

CoNTRoL

CoNTRoL

where have the thomas brothers gone to? ya know jim and john thomas the creators and writers of predator 1 & 2, i really hope rodriguez is NOT working on Predator3, isnt his idea to have the preds in the past on a ship or something? i really hate that idea. actually i'd liek to see a more modern setting, say like afghanistan or iraq. maybe people would be all touchy about that though. after all you couldnt show the twintowers after 911, wth was that about?  we've had jungle, we've had city...now ice...where is the next predator battle going to take place?  the preds need new weapons too. the arsenal in predator2 was wicked. and has been copied. like in mortal kombat the game, the robot dude shoots a green net at a guy, like the razor net that the predator shoots.  also we havent seen the human skins yet, that was edited from Predator's original screenplay.  there was alot in the original screenplay that was terrible and was way too complicated and would have never worked. the predator was supposed to be able to control the minds of animals too.ouch!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed