Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 169,606 times)

The Old One

The Old One

We don't know, and the idea of the "creating life" substance being available in the current period of the Alien universe? No thank you, it ought to be all gone- even if you "find it interesting" I do also, but not at the cost of undermining the whole "struggling for survival" thematic experience of the Alien universe. Including that page on Rumor Control of LV-223 at all, is an error.

Xiggz456

I'd hardly say it undermines "struggling for survival". All it does is seed biospheres, it's up to the organisms after that to survive and evolve.

The Old One

The Old One

I'll agree to disagree, it opens up a web of moronic possibilities. Especially if a Company acquires it, as is usually the case in the Alien Universe.

Xiggz456

Have you read the "Chariot of the Gods" section yet?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, although I skimmed it to avoid any spoilers, I just read the Abomination section about half an hour ago, why?

Xiggz456

Spoiler
Cuz you're right in the company usually acquiring said materials. Although if I remember correctly they mess with the pathogen in an attempt to inoculate themselves against it.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, indeed and actually- pleasingly it says that other versions of the Pathogen will create alternate versions of each specific mutation. Inferring that while the Pathogen always follows a certain process, alternate potential strains create slight versions of each mutation.

So for example the Pathogen exposure process that creates an Abomination, perhaps with a certain strain results in an "Abomination" exactly as shown so far, while another creates a larger one with more or less translucency with more bloated features etcetera, but that process always creates an Abomination that's nearly always identical.

So I'm totally fine with that, but the LV-223 comic series is still a contradiction of that presentation of the death creating liquid. Even if the life creating liquid merged with it somehow.

Alien Primordial Origin

Did the book explained about the origin of Xenomorph XX121?
Or who is the creator of Xenomorph XX121. David or Engineer?

The Old One

It leaves it ambiguous.

Corporal Hicks

Any definitive answer runs the risk of being retconned in the next prequel (if it happens).

The Old One

Indeed it does, so ambiguity is the best option.

TheBATMAN

Does anyone have a link where you can pre-order the actual game as a bundle. Everywhere I go seems to be selling all the components separately.

Corporal Hicks

Might be better to wait for the actual publishers to put up pre-orders again.

judge death

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2019, 09:31:53 PM
Might be better to wait for the actual publishers to put up pre-orders again.
From what I get the RPG will be up for sale again on 10 of december.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 12, 2019, 09:40:03 PM
lol please No.
But the Tanakan Scorpionids do get a full page.
That is a hilariously specific shout-out, I love it.

Also, did anyone notice that Fury 161 orbits Fiori 16?

I f**king love this shit.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 15, 2019, 08:50:22 PM
It shouldn't be using non-canon (Garbage) material that contradicts the current material, case in point- everything about LV-223 past the Prometheus time period.

It's not "non-canon", nor does it contradict. The whole point of the Black Goo is that it's an unpredictable mutagenic macguffin that does weird and scary shit that you can't predict.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed