Why didn't the Alien in: Alien(the movie) not become a queen?

Started by cppsp, May 16, 2008, 07:36:35 PM

Author
Why didn't the Alien in: Alien(the movie) not become a queen? (Read 12,503 times)

SM

Quote^ Chet is a good example.

Of what?

Private Hudson

How Chet was born an immature Queen.

Layorz

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 14, 2008, 04:19:21 PM
But Scar's Fugger didn't look any different from the others.

Yeah but the Super facehugger idea is only seen in the assembly cut, and most people dont consider the avp franchise connected with the alien franchise anyway, so how a Queen is born can be different.

SM

QuoteHow Chet was born an immature Queen.

Where is this shown in the film?  I watched the end fight and I'm not seeing anything resembling a Queen.

Undeadite

Does Chet refer to the predalien?

Private Hudson

Quote from: SM on Jun 15, 2008, 11:13:01 PM
QuoteHow Chet was born an immature Queen.

Where is this shown in the film?  I watched the end fight and I'm not seeing anything resembling a Queen.

Its known that she would have grown into a queen, and I never said she was an adult queen at all.

Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 15, 2008, 11:19:50 PM
Does Chet refer to the predalien?

Yes.

SM

QuoteIts known that she would have grown into a queen,

But is it actually shown?  It was "known" that the original Alien was supposed to live for a couple of days.  Didn't really turn out that way.  Is there anything in the film to show it's a Queen; or even might be a Queen - a crest, the rectractable armoured head, extra arms, dorsal spikes, elongated foot, egg sac?

Undeadite

Well, there was that whole scene with the litter being born from the pregnant woman. Unless that is a predator mating ritual, then it would appear Chet was either a queen that eliminated the middleman (aka facehuggers) or it was a genetic anomaly.

SM

Well, both B1 and Gilliis have intimated that the barfing thing was something picked up genetically from Predators - so it doesn't show she was a young Queen.  Woulda thunk a Queen would lay eggs like other Queens.

Undeadite

Well if it was a predator trait (which Im not buying but whatever) then that means it fused with the aliens genetics, and the only alien that can produce larvae are queens (aside from that alien deleted scene which was made before the thought of queens) so perhaps it became some sort of fertile king specimen.

lucan khan

how about that we didnt have a queen in alien (excluding the whole not being thought of) but perhapes the area wasnt safe for a queen to sit down and start morphing the idea of an alien morphing into a queen probaly takes alot of energy and puts it ina vulnerable state during that time, theres no evidence of chet being born a queen the chest had a normal head just mandibles, and there was a queen present when scar was hugged,

ripleys chest bursting growing as a queen inside her because it had the dog/ox alien eliminating any threat and protecting it.

in aliens we know that there is a queen produced but we dont know if thats what came from newts dad, that could have been a drone whos to say that the next ones werent the queen perhapes the colonist went back to teh ship to try and find more out

Cromartie

because if it had became a queen then it would have laid eggs which would have left it kind of defenceless.

SM

Yeah because facehuggers are no threat whatsoever. 

Quotehow about that we didnt have a queen in alien (excluding the whole not being thought of) but perhapes the area wasnt safe for a queen to sit down and start morphing

Why not?  It was safe enough for it to set up a lair where it kept Dallas and Brett.

Da-Wolf

I don't think this is a very smart topic, is like asking why didn't we blasted the meteor that made dinosaurs extinct so we could have dinosaurs on the present.

Cromartie

cus we werent here you fool

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed