Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien?

Started by shakermakerman, Sep 16, 2018, 12:37:19 PM

Author
Anyone else think it's time for fox to stop with Predator and Alien? (Read 8,737 times)

Naginata

The comments about autism in this thread annoy me almost as much as the way the movie used it.

Ingwar

I know that some fans (doesn't apply to everyone) are madly angry with the recent situation (mess with Prometheus and Covenant and now The Predator) and try to cheat on themselves focusing on non-movie mediums like books, comics and video games ... but those are just bonuses (like great Alien: Isolation). Alien and Predator started as  movies and should be continued as movies. Unfortunately they are not great anymore.

To cheer you up. Almost every franchise established in the past suffers from its successors. Alien, Predator, RoboCop, Terminator not to mention Star Wars. Welcome to Hollywood.

Huggs

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 17, 2018, 10:06:30 PM
I know that some fans...try to cheat on themselves focusing on non-movie mediums like books, comics and video games ... but those are just bonuses (like great Alien: Isolation).

Yeah, but those are really good bonuses.  :)

The EU for these creatures is off-the-hook. The audio dramas, the novels. Isolation. It's really entertaining stuff.

Ingwar

I'm glad that they're interesting stuff. Good for fans (I'm not one of them, I only played Isolation) who take an interest in those. But what about movies? I wonder when studio finally realises that people don't want to watch mediocre movies. I wonder how long we're going to wait to see freaking great Alien/Predator movie again? It's been long time since.

Naginata

"Cheat themselves?" This is such a bizarre thing to say. I like some of the comics better than most of the movies; I'm not lying to myself, I just have opinions and tastes that are different than yours. I'll never understand this attitude that film is somehow a superior medium to books or comics.

DaddyYautja

Has anyone mentioned that Disney bought Fox so they are not going to be able, anyway?

And i don't think Disney is going to continue so this may happen in the end.

D88M

I have been saying and thinking this for a while now, it breaks my heart but there is just very little possibility we get decent movies anymore. End the Alien prequel trilogy (which is not bad) and give us a GOOD AVP movie, then let the franchises rest until they have an actual good script to shoot.

Naginata

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 18, 2018, 01:26:29 AM
Has anyone mentioned that Disney bought Fox

Once or twice.

bb-15

I know that some fans (doesn't apply to everyone) are madly angry with the recent situation (mess with Prometheus and Covenant and now The Predator) and try to cheat on themselves focusing on non-movie mediums like books, comics and video games ... but those are just bonuses (like great Alien: Isolation). Alien and Predator started as  movies and should be continued as movies. Unfortunately they are not great anymore.

To cheer you up. Almost every franchise established in the past suffers from its successors. Alien, Predator, RoboCop, Terminator not to mention Star Wars. Welcome to Hollywood.

Yeah, I don't see any recent movies in these franchises at the level the 80s / 90s action adventure classics.
Even the MCU imo only has "Iron Man" and then Marvel went down hill imo. And I'd add "Jurassic Park" to the list.
Reboots, sequels, prequels of all of these franchises are not as good as the originals.

- I just hope that a new franchise film is not painful to watch and is OK. It doesn't have to be great. Good works. 

Jeez I'm channeling Mike Stoklasa (Mr. Plinkett) from Red Letter Media; sounding like some old guy telling kids to get off the lawn. LOL  :laugh:

;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bb-15 on Sep 18, 2018, 04:37:13 AM

Yeah, I don't see any recent movies in these franchises at the level the 80s / 90s action adventure classics.
Even the MCU imo only has "Iron Man" and then Marvel went down hill imo. And I'd add "Jurassic Park" to the list.
Reboots, sequels, prequels of all of these franchises are not as good as the originals.

- I just hope that a new franchise film is not painful to watch and is OK. It doesn't have to be great. Good works. 

Jeez I'm channeling Mike Stoklasa (Mr. Plinkett) from Red Letter Media; sounding like some old guy telling kids to get off the lawn. LOL  :laugh:

;)

You guys know of any sci fi oriented new franchise with the potential to become great some day in the future? we only have good standalone movies these days.  :-\

newagescamartist

Quote from: bb-15 on Sep 18, 2018, 04:37:13 AM

;)

I'm hoping Mike does a review for this movie. I'm sure it'd be pretty epic.

The Old One

The Old One

There's plenty of new good Sci-Fi that have franchise potential, but don't have sequels.

whiterabbit

My goodness. I'll admit that I've been pretty negative myself but The Predator and the Alien: Prequel's are not the Fantastic Four or Batman and Robin crapfest. It's a decent action movie. It's also way better than a lot of other sequels and still has it's respect intact.

oduodu

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Sep 16, 2018, 03:26:22 PM

I'd like to see another angle on the Alien Franchise

I totally agree  but we are only going to get one chance. That is  what's so frustrating. there will never be another chance to have Scott make an alien prequel with a decent script and lore intact. Feels like same happening here with Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

Third time's the charm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed