What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 42,507 times)

SiL

SiL

It's not enough to disagree; you're wrong and bad for thinking that was a good idea.

BlueMarsalis79

Ahem, agree to disagree.

SiL

SiL

Maybe do that before being unnecessarily obnoxious to people?

BlueMarsalis79

Not that I am though, any more than yourself, unnecessarily or otherwise:

Quote from: SiL on Mar 24, 2024, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 24, 2024, 09:14:58 PMAgree to disagree.
No, I don't think I will.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 24, 2021, 05:52:29 AMI love it when the two of you bicker like siblings.

E. Shaw

I want to see the Queen Alien. Its been twenty years since she has been on the big screen. Though I doubt she will be, this is Chappie's glory.

[cancerblack]

I'd prefer another film, later, to showcase a queen. Have her be a genuine character/antagonist from early on in the story so the final showdown echoes some of that Aliens grudge match vibe, without resorting to outright memberberries.

Eal

Eal

I want to see a callback to Cornbread.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 27, 2024, 03:47:37 AMI'd prefer another film, later, to showcase a queen. Have her be a genuine character/antagonist from early on in the story so the final showdown echoes some of that Aliens grudge match vibe, without resorting to outright memberberries.

I'd like to see how quickly a pulse rifle would annihilate a queen if the wielder actually had the bright idea to shoot directly at her.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2024, 03:54:27 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 27, 2024, 03:47:37 AMI'd prefer another film, later, to showcase a queen. Have her be a genuine character/antagonist from early on in the story so the final showdown echoes some of that Aliens grudge match vibe, without resorting to outright memberberries.

I'd like to see how quickly a pulse rifle would annihilate a queen if the wielder actually had the bright idea to shoot directly at her.

Presumably pretty fast, which is why you couch it as a legit villain rather than a tank boss.

SiL

SiL

Ripley not shooting the Queen with a grenade will always be frustratingly dumb.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2024, 04:55:52 AMRipley not shooting the Queen with a grenade will always be frustratingly dumb.

One to the chest or face would have done the trick, and presumably would have been the first one you let off.

426Buddy

I can only imagine she didnt think it could remove the eggsac and give chase. Still I would have taken her out first.

BigDaddyJohn

Isn't the pulse rifle supposed to be equipped with some kind of armor piercing or explosive rounds ? Shots in her head should be enough.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 27, 2024, 10:41:51 AMIsn't the pulse rifle supposed to be equipped with some kind of armor piercing or explosive rounds ? Shots in her head should be enough.

Yeah, but you'd need to hit her square in the face. Her head crest would deflect anything that strikes it.

Plus, Ripley faced constant threat from the masses of eggs in all directions, she had Newt to think about, and the Queen's guard were swarming her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed